FORUMS

Root T-Mobile S6/Edge on 5.1.1 Without Tripping Knox

If you purchase phones from a carrier, you may be no stranger to the difficulties … more

IonVR Coming Soon, HTC M9 Dev Edition Gets Android 5.1 – XDA TV

The HTC M9 Developer Edition has received Android 5.1. That and … more

Android 5.1.1 Omni ROM For Motorola Xoom

Back in Feb 2011, the Motorola Xoom became the first device to be sold with Android 3.0 … more

CleanSlate Brings Fingerprint Scanner Mod to HTC One M9+

Work of XDA Recognized Developer tbalden, CleanSlate custom kernel for the HTC … more

[ROM][AROMA][Find7 and 7a][v1.1]KaKulayOS ROM

696 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,254

By tantrums, Senior Member on 21st June 2014, 03:31 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
3rd June 2015, 08:24 AM |#541  
Here, there, everywhere
Thanks Meter: 2,283

Donate to Me
More
What are the advantages of UMS?

By the way, just trying this MobileGo application for Windows and it's great...can do everything on my phone with it from PC, even root or get an Android mirror...

3rd June 2015, 08:34 AM |#542  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by betoNL

What are the advantages of UMS?

By the way, just trying this MobileGo application for Windows and it's great...can do everything on my phone with it from PC, even root or get an Android mirror...

I'll try it, thanks. But I like to connect my phone to PC as an USB flash drive and manage it by folders
Advantages of UMS are a lot... if you use it. It's much faster, no useless annoying Windows alerts, can make incremental bakcups with a 5-rows .bat...
3rd June 2015, 12:59 PM |#543  
Here, there, everywhere

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKPL

I'll try it, thanks. But I like to connect my phone to PC as an USB flash drive and manage it by folders
Advantages of UMS are a lot... if you use it. It's much faster, no useless annoying Windows alerts, can make incremental bakcups with a 5-rows .bat...

To tell you the truth, I don't notice any difference.

With or without usb debugging on, I can manage the phone by folders too, from my lap (windows 8.1)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	mtp1.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	84.2 KB
ID:	3345933   Click image for larger version

Name:	mtp2.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	184.8 KB
ID:	3345934  
3rd June 2015, 02:23 PM |#544  

More
Quote:

To tell you the truth, I don't notice any difference.

With or without usb debugging on, I can manage the phone by folders too, from my lap (windows 8.1)

Many user don't notice it, like many users don't notice differences between stock and custom ROM Try to drag and drop an mp3: tell me if you see an alert from Windows which says that the file may not work on target device please

XenonHD and CyanogenMod permit UMS, but I see an empty drive on PC
3rd June 2015, 09:24 PM |#545  
Here, there, everywhere

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKPL

Many user don't notice it, like many users don't notice differences between stock and custom ROM Try to drag and drop an mp3: tell me if you see an alert from Windows which says that the file may not work on target device please

XenonHD and CyanogenMod permit UMS, but I see an empty drive on PC

Nah....the alerts you get only once then you check in the security box and you are done..no big deal....

These are just details..

In the other hand if an user won't notice differences between stock and mod roms he is really blind...

But he differences between a custom rom also based on stock ColorOS and stock are indeed less than on CM/AOSP based custom roms.

Did you try Dirty Unicorns rom from team D.I.R.T ?
Last edited by betoNL; 3rd June 2015 at 09:52 PM.
4th June 2015, 08:02 AM |#546  

More
Quote:

Nah....the alerts you get only once then you check in the security box and you are done..no big deal....

Every time you connect the phone...
Transfer is REALLY slow. Sometimes it does not show every folder... (I like to make backups by drag and drop and if don't see the folder I want to is really difficult!!!)
Quote:

These are just details..

Details incredibly annoying for an user like me
Quote:

In the other hand if an user won't notice differences between stock and mod roms he is really blind...

I can say the same of users that don't see differences between MTP and UMS
Quote:

Did you try Dirty Unicorns rom from team D.I.R.T ?

No I don't, honestly I like ColorOS, is a great ROM, I think is one of the best stock ROMs ever made: great battery, gestures with screen off and without touch, super battery saver and so on and STABLE: I don't have time to manage issues, rebooting, battery drain... I used to mount ROMs and ROMs a few time ago

I tried XenonHD for two days: really nice but can't say what about battery and stability. I'd like to try Dirty Unicorns (thanks for the hint! ), but is it stable, or nightly/beta/prerelease/something else?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread