unlock SideKick 4G

Search This thread

jomarxx

Aug 23, 2010
kissimmee, FL
When I tried it I was getting frustrated because I was getting 700 hits.... but when I scrolled all the way down on the 699 and 700 they both had the code. I guess everyone had a different experience.

Sent from my SGH-T839 using XDA App

gkgkgggg

Apr 2, 2010
SOMEBODY help me pls

I got SIDEKICK through ebay,they mention me it was factory unlocked,first time i rooted the device for arabic language,after that in the status bar there was no singal status,i install stock rom still there is no singal status bar,i think may be the ebay guys they cheat me,i order for unlock code ,i get unlock code,but while i insert my simcard it dsnt prompt for me the unlock code?????????????????????????? pls guys help me iam in big trouble?

nmil

Jul 26, 2011
Unlocking is relatively easy if you have a rooted phone.
You just need to edit /efs/root/afs/settings/nv_data.bin
Use HexEdit or whatever binary editor you have.
Go to address 0x1468 which looks like: ff 01 00 00 00 00 38 36
change 01 to 00 and you will disable a network lock.
As usual, backing up is for weaklings ;-)

btw, this info is available if you search. I am just repeating what others found.

darkkarny717

Feb 6, 2011
harrisburg

btw, this info is available if you search. I am just repeating what others found.

this didnt work for me i put a simple mobile sim card in my sk4g and it still says not registered on network

puntadigital

Jan 26, 2012
Big Ole' TX
Will keep this in mind, I'm ordering an used AT&T SIM card to unlock both my sidekick and exhibit II from T-mobile, rooted both phones today, and it's the first time I have something else other than a blackberry :)

Look forward to keep learning

Hankins

Nov 6, 2011
HELP!!

I have tried multiple times to find the code to unlock my Sidekick 4 G but I keep failing. Can someone find it for me? My bml3.bak can be emailed to you if you can help.

wjcarpenter

Dec 18, 2010

FWIW, this method worked for me. I had followed the other instructions of finding my code in "bml3", but it didn't unlock my phone (even after restarting it). This method worked as advertised.

For those of you who are a little mystified what these instructions mean or are unsure of how to do this safely, here are some more clues (there are plenty of posts/threads explaining these steps in detail in this forum):

1. Root your phone

2. Get "Android Commander" (a PC application that lets you painlessly move files between your phone and your PC) [[if you are an expert, you don't really need this -- or my clues :)]]

3. Copy "/efs/root/afs/settings/nv_data.bin" to your PC. Now, for safety, make another copy of it on your PC called "nv_data.bin-ORIG" or whatever.

4. Get a hex editor. The 010 Editor mentioned in various posts is a popular choice.

5. Edit your PC copy of "nv_data.bin" with your hex editor. Make the change mentioned in nmil's post, save, and exit.

6. Back to Android Commander. Copy your modified PC copy of "nv_data.bin" back to the original location on your phone. You will be overlaying the original copy of the file on your phone. This is the most sensitive step, so don't mess it up.

7. Restart your phone with a SIM card that is not from T-Mobile. You should be all clear now (no unlock prompt).

Sorry if I belabored the point above, but there are lots of posts around from people who are not very experienced with such things. ("I followed your procedure exactly, and now my garage door won't open.")

Reactions: aldenb

Astghik

May 30, 2015
missing efs folder

FWIW, this method worked for me. I had followed the other instructions of finding my code in "bml3", but it didn't unlock my phone (even after restarting it). This method worked as advertised.

For those of you who are a little mystified what these instructions mean or are unsure of how to do this safely, here are some more clues (there are plenty of posts/threads explaining these steps in detail in this forum):

1. Root your phone

2. Get "Android Commander" (a PC application that lets you painlessly move files between your phone and your PC) [[if you are an expert, you don't really need this -- or my clues :)]]

3. Copy "/efs/root/afs/settings/nv_data.bin" to your PC. Now, for safety, make another copy of it on your PC called "nv_data.bin-ORIG" or whatever.

4. Get a hex editor. The 010 Editor mentioned in various posts is a popular choice.

5. Edit your PC copy of "nv_data.bin" with your hex editor. Make the change mentioned in nmil's post, save, and exit.

6. Back to Android Commander. Copy your modified PC copy of "nv_data.bin" back to the original location on your phone. You will be overlaying the original copy of the file on your phone. This is the most sensitive step, so don't mess it up.

7. Restart your phone with a SIM card that is not from T-Mobile. You should be all clear now (no unlock prompt).

Sorry if I belabored the point above, but there are lots of posts around from people who are not very experienced with such things. ("I followed your procedure exactly, and now my garage door won't open.")

Hello ,
What to do if efs folder is empty? :(
Please help

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

1. Root your phone