FORUMS

Sunday Debate: Which Factors Caused HTC’s Woes?

Join us in a fun Sunday Debate on HTC’s situation. Come with your … more

HTC’s New Ad Campaign And What It Really Means

HTC has just released three new blind test adverts comparing app loading … more

XDA Picks: Best Apps of the Week (June 27 – July 4)

Apps are at the front and center of any smartphone experience, and with over a … more

HTC One M9 Developer Edition Android 5.1 OTA

The Developer Edition of the HTC One M9 is receiving an over-the-air update to Android 5.1. … more

Losing wifi passwords

345 posts
Thanks Meter: 23

By dogan2010, Senior Member on 18th March 2014, 12:10 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
28th May 2015, 01:18 PM |#331  
Flag Mansoura
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by dajumper

Yes I have it to every time I reboot phone I must put my password again! Look in build prop for this line: ro.securestorage.support=true and make from true in false
Then save! And reboot phone! After reboot it can be that you must put once more your password and then it is good! Let me know if it is working ok?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Thanks My Bro
U R The Best
The Following User Says Thank You to hamada samir For This Useful Post: [ View ]

31st May 2015, 09:06 PM |#332  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Totally worked for me on rooted SM-N900W8 (Canadian Note 3). Thank you!
1st June 2015, 11:46 AM |#333  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Hmmm no solution.
Quote:
Originally Posted by congusto

On another forum I read that switching off Google Backup helps, not only for Nexus5 users, but also for Note 3 users (and probably for all Kitkat users?).
http://android.stackexchange.com/que...after-a-reboot

I'm having this problem. I just reflash my Kitkat and do factory reset. I think this problem could be relate to the knox security partition? because I have done everything. This is a fresh phone. I mean originally restored from the stock version. Before this my knox was 0x1 and now it is 0x1 (2).
1st June 2015, 03:56 PM |#334  
Thanks Meter: 27

More
kernal problem.

flash custom kernal...
thx
4th June 2015, 11:22 PM |#335  
Flag Santa Ana, CA

More
Quote:

Yes I have it to every time I reboot phone I must put my password again! Look in build prop for this line: ro.securestorage.support=true and make from true in false
Then save! And reboot phone! After reboot it can be that you must put once more your password and then it is good! Let me know if it is working ok?

Old post I know, but this fixed the problem when it showed up on lollipop. Thank you so much. I've been trying all sorts of different things trying to fix this. Was about to downgrade back to kitkat.
Last edited by LaurenDanielle; 4th June 2015 at 11:25 PM.
5th June 2015, 01:45 PM |#336  
Flag Berlin

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurenDanielle

Old post I know, but this fixed the problem when it showed up on lollipop. Thank you so much. I've been trying all sorts of different things trying to fix this. Was about to downgrade back to kitkat.

Have you tried a different modem/baseband? You can easily flash a modem via ODIN which will not trigger knox.
6th June 2015, 10:12 PM |#337  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:

If you want to try this then download this free app, Build Prop Editor :
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...p.editor&hl=en

Changing that line to false hasn't solved my losing Wifi passwords issue but mine started after flashing a new modem so it may be a touch different to the issue others are experiencing.

Edit: Everytime I change the line to "False" and then reboot its changed back to "True"
What's going on?!

EDIT 2 : AWESOME - PROBLEM NOW SOLVED!!!!!!!

Not sure what the story is with that app but it has a feature to open the build.prop file as the text file, there's a pencil icon on the lower right side to access that and when I edited it there it stayed false, also checked with ESfile if it was changed and it stayed false and now that I've done this wifi passwords are being saved.
Last edited by Bulletinabluesky; 6th June 2015 at 10:47 PM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread