[KERNEL] [Feb 19] [GPe] [SENSE] Quantum v1.25 [5.0.1][Multicarrier]

Search This thread

Kyuubi10

Feb 21, 2014
That first screen is probably your issue just use the top one mate it states in the app only to use one of those, that was exactly what caused my issue.
Your also using intelliplug which is quite power hungry with touch boost you might want to turn that off, it ramps cpus up whenever you touch the screen.

Sent from my M8

Tbh, I only had top and bottom, one is temp control the other is to turn off overheating cores.
But when it was overheating, from the previous issue I tried turning on middle one to see if it helped.

If anything, what do you recommend to have, which one is best?

Sent from my Nexus 9 using XDA Free mobile app

smeejaytee

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Sep 29, 2013
kent
Xiaomi Mi 10T / 10T Pro
Tbh, I only had top and bottom, one is temp control the other is to turn off overheating cores.
But when it was overheating, from the previous issue I tried turning on middle one to see if it helped.

If anything, what do you recommend to have, which one is best?

The first one mate I tried them all the bottom one caused overheating the middle one caused my Max frequency to stick @300mhz and the top one is perfect lol. It's like the three bears.

Sent from my M8

Reactions: Kyuubi10

Kyuubi10

Feb 21, 2014
That first screen is probably your issue just use the top one mate it states in the app only to use one of those, that was exactly what caused my issue.
Your also using intelliplug which is quite power hungry with touch boost you might want to turn that off, it ramps cpus up whenever you touch the screen.

Sent from my M8

---------- Post added at 06:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:11 PM ----------

That's what I said, I only delete it when I'm not using mp ,
Actually he's using intelliplug do deleting it wouldn't hurt.

Sent from my M8

And I don't mind intelliplug's touch boost, that didn't give me any problems. I have been on this kernel for over 2 weeks now, this is the first time it's giving me this issue.
With the set up I've got I don't mind a bit battery wasting on smoothness.

I'll delete pnpmgr now and see where that gets me.
What I don't get is why my minimum frequency is being forced so high.

smeejaytee

Sep 29, 2013
kent
Xiaomi Mi 10T / 10T Pro
And I don't mind intelliplug's touch boost, that didn't give me any problems. I have been on this kernel for over 2 weeks now, this is the first time it's giving me this issue.
With the set up I've got I don't mind a bit battery wasting on smoothness.

I'll delete pnpmgr now and see where that gets me.
What I don't get is why my minimum frequency is being forced so high.

Have you turned off the other two sliders in thermal.

Sent from my M8

Kyuubi10

Feb 21, 2014
The first one mate I tried them all the bottom one caused overheating the middle one caused my Max frequency to stick @300mhz and the top one is perfect lol. It's like the three bears.

Sent from my M8

Right, even before I deleted the file I noticed the temperature decreasing and phone becoming smoother.
I went back to check and the min Freq was set back to 300, which is how I like it.
So, it seems you were right, it was the thermals.
Thank you very much!

---------- Post added at 06:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:40 PM ----------

Yes, I did. I only have core control on.

Reactions: smeejaytee

smeejaytee

Sep 29, 2013
kent
Xiaomi Mi 10T / 10T Pro
Right, even before I deleted the file I noticed the temperature decreasing and phone becoming smoother.
I went back to check and the min Freq was set back to 300, which is how I like it.
So, it seems you were right, it was the thermals.
Thank you very much!

---------- Post added at 06:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:40 PM ----------

Yes, I did. I only have core control on.

Glad I could help .

Sent from my M8

high_voltage

Jun 7, 2011
I was under the impression that pnpmanager was vital to us. Let me ask some of my peers and see what the consensus is.
pnpmanager is not vital, but do more good than bad most of the time. It can change min/max freq under certain conditions(but I am sure you already know that far better than me). Not like in htc development are working only monkeys that don't understand the matter. :D

Never use more than one thermal control method. There is even notification about that in that kernel tunning app. :)

Kyuubi10

Feb 21, 2014
Never use more than one thermal control method. There is even notification about that in that kernel tunning app. :)

When I still used device control app it showed core control and temp throttle in different categories. So didn't exactly count them as the same thing.

I'm Not sure which, but one of them is meant to turn off an overheating core, the other is meant to manage the cores to reduce build up of heat.
Due to the different nature of their actions I thought that they would be compatible, but then again... Guess I was wrong hehehe

Reactions: smeejaytee

high_voltage

Jun 7, 2011
Guys, do you know a way for a pocket detection as as much as I like dt2w/swipe up to unlock - those trigger in my pocket and my phone go nuts as calling,msg, running apps and ultimately draining my battery. There is only one kernel for m8 that support that - why?

Cheers! :)

smeejaytee

Sep 29, 2013
kent
Xiaomi Mi 10T / 10T Pro
Guys, do you know a way for a pocket detection as as much as I like dt2w/swipe up to unlock - those trigger in my pocket and my phone go nuts as calling,msg, running apps and ultimately draining my battery. There is only one kernel for m8 that support that - why?

Cheers! :)
This kernel does support pocket detection mate,you have to edit the innit.d script. Delete that hash and rerun the script.

Sent from my M8

francki

Jan 8, 2011
Hi all, I m about to flash quantum on my leedroid 's rom, I have a question before. Is this kernel have USB fast charge because I don't see it on op, thanks

Envoyé de mon HTC One M8

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Oo57exu.png

Welcome to Quantum, a kernel built around the idea of performance and battery life through smart optimizations. Those who have followed my work on the Galaxy S3 will know exactly what to expect. All feature requests will be considered, and all bug reports should be accompanied by a logcat and as much information as possible, this helps out everyone and gets your problem resolved as soon as humanly possible. For now this is only for Lollipop GPe, but I may branch out to Sense at some point in the future.

Changelog:

1. Update optimization levels, spread them farther throughout the kernel
    2. New LCD controls from savoca, use his app to adjust
    3. Add CPU POWER driver, enhance battery life
    4. Add native EXFAT driver for faster SD card reads using exfat FS
    5. Fix touchscreen issues
    6. Optimize deadline
    7. Selinux bug fix
    8. Hotplugging fix
    9. Override TCP control
    10. LZMA compression

v1.23
    1. Intelliplug
    2. Intelliactive
    3. TONS of tweaks to increase overall speed and filesystem speed
    4. Improved app-recents loading
    5. Bit-sliced AES with NEON support
    6. NEON accelerated block building
    7. Hotplugging optimizations
    8. Touchscreen power reduction
    9. Back to stable base, rebase whole kernel on new "stable" branch
    10. Reduce display turn on time
    11. Disabled logging for certain features for less text dumping
    12. NEW overclocking 268 MHz to 2.5 GHz
    13. GPU clocking 27 Mhz to 600, included 100 clock for a further reduction of voltage needed
    14. Simple GPU algorithm, expose to userspace configuration
    15. Set Powersuspend to kernel mode by default, no input needed by users
    16. Tweaked interactive for battery life
    17. Enable KSM
    18. Disable ZRAM

v1.15
    1. Revert buggy code
    2. More slimbus overclock
    3. GPU overclock to 600 Mhz- EvolutionMod
    4. Drop down some clocks for better battery life
    5. Kernel mode NEON supported- faster calculations
    6. New toolchain
    7. All 1.1 commits rolled into a less buggy package

v1.1
    1. HD Audio, fix HTC audio bug
    2. New powersuspend driver, enabled by default
    3. Removed flar2 topology and CPU power and replace with updated and specialized topology for krait
    4. Clean up scheduler spikes
    5. Updated to new MSM-8974 Memutils, 10-15% performance boost
    6. GPU driver fixes for smoother perfomance
    7. Fix issues with PE-Workqueues, expand to another queue
    8. Fix SELinux bugs
    9. Fully optimize with VFP4, modified 2 lines
    10. Fix display turn-on lag
    11. ARM updates for Cortex-A15
    12. Tune ROW and SIO
    13. Reduce kernel logging
    14. Update Interactive governor
    15. CPUfreq updates
    16. Update LZ4 used on local PC, contains bugfix for GCC 4.9, replaced dtb img

v1
    1. Ported features from Quantum from S3
    2. Initial release, all features are located in main post for now

QuantumKernel Features
    • GCC 4.9.3
    • Multi-carrier support
    • User Voltage
    • MSM-DCVS and AVS
    • CPU overclock to 2.88 GHz
    • Switchable FSYNC
    • Simple GPU Governor
    • FRandom
    • FauxSound
    • Sweep2Sleep, D2TW- flar2
    • Disable magnet event
    • All TCP algorithms
    • LCD color control
    • Backlight dimmer options
    • Governors- stock for now
    • I/O: SIO, ZEN, SIO, 0 ms deadline, BFQ, FIOPS,
    • Extreme battery optimizations from Power Efficient Workqueues to ARM Topology, and numerous others
    • Universal screen off frequency for any governor- flar2
    • Increased Sound Quality through overclocking of hardware
    • Much, much, more...

Source

Thanks to-
    flar2
    faux123
    lyapota
    savoca
    HolyAngel
    aeppacher
    imoseyon
    ktoonsez
    gideonx

XDA:DevDB Information
    Quantum, Kernel for the HTC One (M8)

Contributors
    PwnCakes193
    Source Code: http://github.com/tommytarts/quantumkernelm8

Kernel Special Features:

Version Information

Created 2015-01-05
    Last Updated 2015-01-05
    And it's begun. There's a bug with WiFi, but otherwise everything else works. I will be porting the working kexec to sense shortly. This is by far the smoothest thing ever. It felt weird for a bit until I realized it was because there wasn't a constant stutter anymore, it sort of felt like iOS. I will have working kernel ready for you all tomorrow around lunch... It's an exciting time.

I have kept some stuff in that I deemed safe but I left other stuff out. I'm probably going to include s2s in a module, but that's it. There's still the faster exfat driver and all necessary features.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Free mobile app
    Are you gonna update bothered the sense and gpe kernel or just the gpe. Well it's about time they released it

EVERYTHING WILL BE UPDATED!

I don't think I've ever been in this great of a mood at 10 AM on a Thursday before.... got a lot to do before I start though, and then releases will start rolling out.
    I haven't been in this great of a mood in a long time, I'm riding the wave and getting a bunch of old errands done with.

This kernel will be a little different... It will only come with barebone features at first. I want to see exactly how the new kernel handles before I adjust anything for speed or battery life.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Free mobile app
    Good news, everyone!

I have finally finished my overly OCD installation of Windows (took only 4 different installs this time), and I'm installing the VM now. Actually expect something very, very soon :D