FORUMS

Earthquake Early Warning in Your Pocket

Probably all of us reading this have a smartphone in our pocket. For many of us, the … more

Sony: The OEM You Want To Save

In our recent Discuss article, we asked you readers on which OEM you would like to help. While the … more

How to Lock and Protect Your Apps – XDA Xposed Tuesday

The smartphone revolution has passed. Everybody has mobile apps. Some of … more

Which OEM Would You Like to Help?

Most manufacturers have moments of greatness and moments of decadence, and in the past few years … more

Root after OTA 98.72.165

24 posts
Thanks Meter: 10

By jskandhari, Junior Member on 18th January 2014, 05:57 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
6th March 2014, 03:23 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
How does one fully unroot from this method (without losing data)? I uninstalled safestrap, and deleted \system\xbin\su , system\bin\su, & system\apps\superuser using root explorer but the darn superuser app still keeps showing up (though it no longer works properly).

Need to unroot since I got my corporate email blocked by MaaS360 due to being rooted.

4th June 2014, 04:35 PM |#12  
OP Junior Member
Flag Chandigarh

More
I think you will need to goto Utility and perform it as far as I remeber , sorry for late reply have moved to XT1080 thus went out of touch with Motorola or there is anew update available for XT912 updated my moms phone yesterday ( it was unrooted earlier also ) that should restore your phone and probably re-unroot it.

Sent via Droid Ultra XT1080 using Tapatalk for TnP...
2nd July 2014, 05:14 PM |#13  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
This works for me.

Thanks OP!
7th June 2015, 01:28 AM |#14  
Flag San Bernardino

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jskandhari

Okay so Yesterday evening am prompted by OTA Update and foolishly I clicked on Update.

Code:
Version:98.72.165.XT912
Meanwhile I was trying for Ubuntu Dual Install thus Safestrap was being installed simultaneously. Long stroy short after update I lost my ROOT and all applications
i.e. Busy Box, Boot Linux, Terminal ES File Explorer while showed rooted were not having access.
Spent the whole night figuring how to accomplish as everytime I tried the Exploit I use to get the following error

Code:
[*] Phase three (this will take a minute)...
failed on '/data/logger' - Permission denied
mkdir failed for /data/logger, File exists
Unable to chmod /data/logger: Operation not permitted
link failed File exists
Thus, meanwhile I came across this Post which took me good 2 hours to decipher as per logic, plus few others and this is how I achieved a ROOT on my XT912 again without downgrading (and without having to have Voodooo Temp un-root and stuff)

Code:
1) Unmount the Ext-Sdcard I basically removed it

2) Make sure your Debugging option is enabled, USB Mode change it to MTP or Camera Just don't keep Mass Storage.

3) Settings> Apps > All > SmartActions
Clear Cache

Once Above steps are done
Proceed towards the exploit, plug you Mobile, execute the Exploit
As soon as you see "[*] Rebooting device..." for the first time, and screen turns off, immediately press Vol Down + Vol up & Power Button

In it select the last option BP Only

Rest follow the process of Exploit as they come on screen.
(I personally waited 30secs after Selecting Save on Battery Saver option).
All due thanks to orignal coders who invented the exploit, took it further, XDA & Droidrzr Forum and also to [Link]http://www.droidrzr.com/index.php/topic/36187-ota-9872165-11014/#entry395166[/Link] which gave me the direction over a good nights sleep.

Hope it helps others also.

Just system wipe the device 2 times. I did that and I got root access.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
98.72.165, root, xt912
Previous Thread Next Thread