FORUMS

Index Project For XDA Device Subforums

Another ambitious project from the collaborative efforts of Recognized Contributors and Forum … more

The Atlas of XDA

A few weeks ago, we asked you “How Does Your Location Affect Your Life As A Power User?”. In the days that … more

New Snapdragons: Some Context & Contrast

It hasn’t been a good year for Qualcomm so far. Every device featuring the Snapdragon 810 … more

Google To Launch Next Gen Android One On July 14

The first gen of Android One devices to be launched in India in September 2014 were … more

[ROOT KERNEL FOR TowelRoot] Tab Pro 8.4, 10.1

1,427 posts
Thanks Meter: 420

By RavenY2K3, Senior Member on 18th June 2014, 11:39 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
20th May 2015, 03:19 PM |#371  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpius666

Search for "T520" or "Exynos" in this thread or everywhere else. Exynos is not exploitable through Towelroot.

It has been said at least 9 times in this thread. Nobody reads threads anymore? Just the first and last post.

Lol this is xda, no one ever reads or seaches for answers, they just post questions that have already been answered :P

Sent from my ATRIX HD using XDA Free mobile app

1st June 2015, 06:25 PM |#372  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 94

More
Root T520 with KingRoot, Knox 0x0
Quote:
Originally Posted by qwerik

The Script works perfect! Thanks dcsscd

But where can i find an Kernel or Firmware for a T520 what can be rooted with TowelRoot?
The oldest i found was "T520XXUANAE_T520DBTANA2_DBT" but TowelRoot dont work there

T520 is rootable with Knox 0x0 with KingRoot.

Check here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/gala...t-4-1-t3123931

shayind4
3rd June 2015, 01:53 PM |#373  
Flag Los Alamos, NM
Thanks Meter: 33

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shayind4

T520 is rootable with Knox 0x0 with KingRoot.

Pay close attention of you care about tripping Knox. I thought I was and tripped it anyway.
3rd June 2015, 06:47 PM |#374  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 94

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wellersl

Pay close attention of you care about tripping Knox. I thought I was and tripped it anyway.

I would be very surprised that KingRoot app in android phone /tab trips Knox. I have used it twice on same tab and Knox remains 0x0. Only the desktop version trips Knox because it install custom recovery.

Did you use the app or desktop version?

shayind4
5th June 2015, 01:07 AM |#375  
Flag Los Alamos, NM
Thanks Meter: 33

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shayind4

Did you use the app or desktop version?

Apologies for the confusion. It was the Towelroot app. I probably borked it myself when I went from a CM ROM to stock and back.
7th June 2015, 07:15 PM |#376  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpius666

Since I had to read the 33 pages to root my Samsung Tab Pro 8.4 without tripping Knox, here's what I did to root it:

1.- Checked my current firmware: T320UEU1AOC1 with Kernel Version 3.4.0-4441590.
2.- Downloaded Odin, the Samsung USB Drivers.
3.- Powered off tablet, then pressed Home + Volume Down + Power, then Volume Up, and plugged in the USB cable after that.
4.- Loaded Odin, clicked on AP, loaded the TR Rootable Kernel from first post.
5.- Everything went smoothly, checked the tablet: same firmware and same Kernel version 3.4.0 but way older (from April 2014).
6.- Went to towelroot.com, downloaded APK, executed it, everything ok, rebooted tablet and it's rooted. Installed SuperSU, disabled Knox (and I have no issues whatsoever).
7.- Repeated steps 3 and 4 but using stormygal's AOC1 Kernel pack found in this post: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=302
8.- Rebooted, still rooted with current firmware and current kernel version.

Thanks to everyone who posted in this thread. I read every post and I'm pretty sure every single one was useful.

Thanks for pulling this together! It was a good summary of the most important parts of the 30+ pages I read this morning!

Perhaps some of this information could be incorporated into the original post to reduce the number of repeat questions being asked here. If we threw in the new information about KingRoot for the 10.1, it might slow to a trickle (or am I being too optimistic?).

A few details to add:

1) It might be worth noting that the above instructions work for Odin3 v.3.09. I understand that the nomenclature of the "AP" tab may be different in older versions (many of which are still out there), so that could confuse an inexperienced user. It also might be worth mentioning which other boxes to check (Auto Reboot / Reset Time) and leave unchecked.

2) I did a few things differently in step 6. I did not reboot after running TowelRoot. I did let SuperSU update itself upon installation (which you may have as well), but did not let it stop Knox (which some suggested can lead to problems). So far I haven't had any issues, but I'll report back if that changes.

3) Is it necessary to install a version of BusyBox to gain much of the functionality of root? I did so at the behest of Root Checker Pro. If so, perhaps that can be added to this "canonical" list of steps.

4) I was interested to see that not only did the Knox flag not trip, but my system still shows as "Official" in Settings / General / About device / Status / Device status. I used TowelRoot on my GS3, and while the Knox flag did not trip, it shows as "Custom". I don't know if that has anything to do with disabling Knox or not, but for now this seems as close to perfect as I can imagine.

Thanks to everyone who has contributed pieces of this approach! These tablets may not be super popular, but they're an incredible buy right now, and the freedom that rooting provides makes them that much sweeter!
Last edited by samsterman; 7th June 2015 at 07:27 PM. Reason: Additional thought
The Following User Says Thank You to samsterman For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread