FORUMS

What Features Do You Look for in a Gallery App?

With so many different options to choose from, finding the right Gallery app may be a … more

Google Photos ‘Unlimited’ Storage Reportedly Being Capped

When Google Photos was announced, many of us thought very highly … more

Sprint Moves to Lift Video Streaming Limit for All-In

Yesterday, Sprint announced a new unlimited scheme that offered customers an … more

Xiaomi Releases Kernel Source Code For Mi4i

If you’ve been following the XDA News Portal lately, you might have noticed an … more

[Guide][T,TL,V,TX][4.3] ROOT + RECOVERY

985 posts
Thanks Meter: 742

By istux, Senior Member on 28th June 2014, 08:41 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
11th February 2015, 01:23 PM |#81  
OP Senior Member
Flag Milano
Thanks Meter: 742

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumaroil

You should also calculate, that there is a risk, your phone can not be rescued, if something goes seriously wrong.

As long as you don't unlock the bootloader, there's no any big risk

10th March 2015, 03:41 AM |#82  
Flag Binmaley
Thanks Meter: 2

More
thank you for tut..
22nd April 2015, 10:50 AM |#83  
Thanks Meter: 42

More
is there any kernel (include recovery) for unlocked bootloader xperia v?
22nd May 2015, 04:05 PM |#84  
Thanks Meter: 958

More
Totally worked on my wife's Rogers Xperia T -- haven't tested the recovery yet, I'll do that later this week. Her phone is carrier locked so I'm hoping even with custom recovery, I can flash CM to it as the stock Sony ROM is awful (on battery, speed, etc). Big thanks to OP, at least I was able to use root to make the phone a little more bearable for her.
23rd May 2015, 11:27 AM |#85  
Flag Pazardhik
Thanks Meter: 75

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWGSM3VO

Totally worked on my wife's Rogers Xperia T -- haven't tested the recovery yet, I'll do that later this week. Her phone is carrier locked so I'm hoping even with custom recovery, I can flash CM to it as the stock Sony ROM is awful (on battery, speed, etc). Big thanks to OP, at least I was able to use root to make the phone a little more bearable for her.

CM need unlocked bootloader for the kernel, now you can only flash stock based custom roms.
2nd June 2015, 01:42 PM |#86  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Not working for Xperia V firmware 9.2.A.2.5
when I try to install a ROM for Xperia V firmware 9.2.A.2.5 it says it is not right! That my phone is NOT Xperia T!?
7th June 2015, 03:57 AM |#87  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Rooted, now what?
Ok, so I've never done any kind of flashing/rooting/unlocking before and I'm a bit confused. From what I understand rooting is supposed to give you access to do pretty much anything you want. The main reason I want to do this is to get rid of all the useless apps that Sony and my carrier have put on my phone. The phone does not allow me to uninstall them and I've reached the 2gb device memory limit so I can't install any more of the apps that I do want. I followed the steps for rooting and all the steps seem to be successful but I don't see any difference in what I'm allowed to do. I certainly still cannot remove those useless apps. How can I confirm that this really worked and what do I need to do next to really get access?

BTW, I did not install recovery since I didn't think that was necessary. To be honest, I'm not quite sure what it's for but it sounds like it's for flashing custom ROMs.
8th June 2015, 01:19 AM |#88  
Flag Belgrade
Thanks Meter: 25

More
^ Yes, you said all very well. Root will give you access to phone's system, you can do all what you want, but you need an additional apps for that, example you might download system app remover from Google play or titanium backup to uninstall system apps and stuff.

Recovery is for flashing custom rooms and kernels, but also you can make a full backup of your current rom at any time.

Sent from my LT30p using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread