FORUMS

T-Mobile Galaxy S6 Battery Woes

I’ve been using a T-Mobile Galaxy S6 since the device launched with T-mobile’s … more

Earthquake Early Warning in Your Pocket

Probably all of us reading this have a smartphone in our pocket. For many of us, the … more

Sony: The OEM You Want To Save

In our recent Discuss article, we asked you readers on which OEM you would like to help. While the … more

How to Lock and Protect Your Apps – XDA Xposed Tuesday

The smartphone revolution has passed. Everybody has mobile apps. Some of … more

Flash AT&T Modem on G900T?

1,400 posts
Thanks Meter: 216

By MattMJB0188, Senior Member on 18th May 2014, 10:37 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
2nd September 2014, 08:59 PM |#21  
Flag Edgewood, Tx
Thanks Meter: 344

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by elesbb

Might be taking longer due to the different radios. Weird though cause if it has an ATT sim and ATT APN configuration, it shouldn't have any delay and function like an ATT phone.

And yeah I'm jealous you can afford a new one if you broke this one :P takes me a year to save up in order to buy my next upgrade. :P

Yeah lol it's just a little annoying sometimes

7th February 2015, 12:45 PM |#22  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Daytona Beach, Fl
Thanks Meter: 799

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtrain88

Yes i realize the risk, and I'm actually not too worried about them. I don't at all think the phone will stop working, however I still can't get the modem on here anyway. I have tried the tar, and bin with no luck. If anybody is willing to put something together I'm willing to test it out. Fortunately in my line of work, it wouldn't be a big deal to get another S5.

---------- Post added at 08:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:03 AM ----------

I have made all the proper backups. Not to mention I'm not a noob to this, having built a few Roms myself.

Actually, on both the galaxy s4 and s3 you had to flash the modem of the carrier- I had the international s3 last, and flashing the T-Mobile modem made a vast difference in battery life and signal.
I've kanged some Roms, I'm no noob either.. And no one has given any actual reason to fear- considering I worked in a repair shop doing this for customers with the last 2 generations.

I'm actually having opposite issue- smg900az(cricket branded phone), using a T-Mobile ROM that's been ported onto the smg900a device.. But didn't include the modem.
Can't the modem be installed in download mode using fastboot?
Or if you've made your own Roms, find a stock Rom or aftermarket one you like that includes a modem- unzip it, replace the file and rename it the same, or change in the update script which file it uses.. And turn off signature checking before flashing.

But hell man.. My cricket branded phone is basically just an att phone- why not just trade with me (both problems solved) or see if you find someone local to trade with?
And if it's so easy to get another s5.. Is that financially, or because you work there?
Only reason I haven't traded or sold mine to go the easy way.. I finally have it setup perfectly with my tablet for my business..
Yet at this moment I'm waving my phone around clicking send hoping it will post, while my buddy with a crappy boost Mobile phone gets perfect signal..

Sent from my SM-G900T using XDA Free mobile app
7th February 2015, 01:13 PM |#23  
Flag Edgewood, Tx
Thanks Meter: 344

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by KnowledgeBroker

Actually, on both the galaxy s4 and s3 you had to flash the modem of the carrier- I had the international s3 last, and flashing the T-Mobile modem made a vast difference in battery life and signal.
I've kanged some Roms, I'm no noob either.. And no one has given any actual reason to fear- considering I worked in a repair shop doing this for customers with the last 2 generations.

I'm actually having opposite issue- smg900az(cricket branded phone), using a T-Mobile ROM that's been ported onto the smg900a device.. But didn't include the modem.
Can't the modem be installed in download mode using fastboot?
Or if you've made your own Roms, find a stock Rom or aftermarket one you like that includes a modem- unzip it, replace the file and rename it the same, or change in the update script which file it uses.. And turn off signature checking before flashing.

But hell man.. My cricket branded phone is basically just an att phone- why not just trade with me (both problems solved) or see if you find someone local to trade with?
And if it's so easy to get another s5.. Is that financially, or because you work there?
Only reason I haven't traded or sold mine to go the easy way.. I finally have it setup perfectly with my tablet for my business..
Yet at this moment I'm waving my phone around clicking send hoping it will post, while my buddy with a crappy boost Mobile phone gets perfect signal.. from my SM-G900T using XDA Free mobile app

Well, to answer the first question, financially it would not be hard to get another S5. It wouldn't be the first time I've completely ruined a phone from flashing. I'm less worried about the phone as I am learning. I think at the time I probably had enough in donations from my last rom. To the other question, I don't even have an s5 anymore, not to mention(even though I'm mentioning it) the whole reason I had the t-mobile s5 was because of the unlocked bootloader.
8th February 2015, 12:24 AM |#24  
Flag Phoenix
Thanks Meter: 254

Donate to Me
More
I've been using a TMO S5 on AT&T for about a year and have had excellent results. I had the G900A first and wanted a phone without a locked bootloader so I got the G900T. I thoroughly tested the G900A before I got the G900T and when I got the G900T there was very little difference in download speeds and signal strengths between the two. I make sure I have the correct TMO modem running no matter what ROM I'm on and haven't had any problems. I wouldn't want an AT&T modem on the phone because the TMO uses more frequencies and there is no telling what strange things could happen. I'm in Phoenix and AT&T is definitely not strong here, but I don't have any issues with the TMO modem.
The Following User Says Thank You to gspears For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th April 2015, 08:59 PM |#25  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gspears

I've been using a TMO S5 on AT&T for about a year and have had excellent results. I had the G900A first and wanted a phone without a locked bootloader so I got the G900T. I thoroughly tested the G900A before I got the G900T and when I got the G900T there was very little difference in download speeds and signal strengths between the two. I make sure I have the correct TMO modem running no matter what ROM I'm on and haven't had any problems. I wouldn't want an AT&T modem on the phone because the TMO uses more frequencies and there is no telling what strange things could happen. I'm in Phoenix and AT&T is definitely not strong here, but I don't have any issues with the TMO modem.

I am also looking for an unlocked bootloader galaxy s5 on att, would you recommend going with the tmobile model?
Also, if i buy the phone off amazon, and it isnt unlocked (sim card) how would i go about that?
BTW: There isnt any process to unlock bl right, it just comes like that?
Last edited by jbdman; 13th April 2015 at 09:14 PM. Reason: Edit:
14th April 2015, 01:34 AM |#26  
Flag Phoenix
Thanks Meter: 254

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbdman

I am also looking for an unlocked bootloader galaxy s5 on att, would you recommend going with the tmobile model?
Also, if i buy the phone off amazon, and it isnt unlocked (sim card) how would i go about that?
BTW: There isnt any process to unlock bl right, it just comes like that?

Correct, the AT&T bootloader CANNOT be unlocked (at least not at this point in time and it will take somebody much smarter than I to figure out how to unlock it.) I had both the G900A and the G900T. I still have the T and sold the A. The T is much more flexible if you like custom ROMs and that type of thing. Plus, it has all the AT&T LTE bands as well as those for TMO.

To SIM unlock all my phones I use swiftunlock.com because they are only 19.99. At that price they are NOT swift though. It takes a couple of days to get the code. I haven't unlocked one in a while though so you might want to shop around and see if the price has come down any.
15th April 2015, 04:22 PM |#27  
Flag londonderry
Thanks Meter: 190

More
I also use the g900t on att.. I bought direct from tmobile a few weeks ok for 400 .. am cancelling at end of month my t mobile act. after making sure it works fine.. I get great service and see no diff in signal between this and my older s4
The Following User Says Thank You to lgkahn For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th May 2015, 02:44 AM |#28  
Flag Dallas
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Flash AT&T modem S5 on T-mobile
I am wondering what can be done to make the radio signal on an AT&T unlocked S5 being used on MetroPCS aka (T-Mobile).

the Signal is crap where another user on an AT&T S5 with AT&T service is getting at least 1 bar of signal I get zilch.

I read all the posts but know answers so far.

Thanks in advance
10th June 2015, 08:29 AM |#29  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Can I flash an att modem to my sprint s5? All I get when I put another sim in is invalid sim. Sprint version is a triband but I can't get it to work on any other network
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread