[Toolkit] Wug's Nexus Root Toolkit v. 2.1.9

Search This thread

Mista513

Aug 18, 2011
I have a Nexus 9 bricked by the 5.0.2 update. The Soft-Bricked option doesn't seem to work because my device isn't unlocked. Is there any hope for me in the tool?

My Nexus 7 was bricked the same way, not unlocked and unable to get into recovery to try a reset. Also not able to get it to unlock via the toolkit nor adb. Been trying since November to get it fixed and others as well, seem Google and Asus only fix is to pay for the motherboard to be replaced. Hopefully you have better luck ?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

AvgPhoneUser

Jan 1, 2015
Chisinau
Hello... So I have found a bug. The dependency updater says that I have an update, while everything is updated and it says to download + update all file dependecies. So I press that buton and nothing happens. Also I can't tap the "continue" button. I just have to close the updater and then it says that the files are not up to date. Some screenies :)
BUG.png
bug2.png

Last edited:

WugFresh

Inactive Recognized Developer
Oct 28, 2010
Hello... So I have found a bug. The dependency updater says that I have an update, while everything is updated and it says to download + update all file dependecies. So I press that buton and nothing happens. Also I can't tap the "continue" button. I just have to close the updater and then it says that the files are not up to date. Some screenies :)
BUG.png
bug2.png
I have never been able to reproduce this, but I have heard it reported a few versions ago. It really confuses me how this happens. If you are able to still reproduce this behavior, please msg me Google hangouts chat.

Reactions: ZeljkoBG

NLBeev

Jul 4, 2007
Scheveningen
Unlocking, rooting, relocking and unrooting simplified! (and much more!)
N6 rooted, stock 5.1 LMY47D, encrypted, DPI set to 384 (tablet mode). Provider T-Mobile (dutch)
Yesterday received the OTA 5.1.1 message.
Updating with NRT 2.0.5 worked indeed simplified.
Thanks for this great tool.

What I did to install OTA 5.1.1

First step: unroot using NRT.

Second: install OTA on the N6; result Stock LMY47Z.
(New for me because this version is marked for Sprint US only!)

Third: rooted again with NRT.

Fourth: reflashed FrancoKernel and Black Google Now launcher.
Set DPI from default value 560 to 384 with build.prop editor.

Result: N6 working like before.
Issue: after the update app Sygic did not start and was showing the splash screen only.
After forced close and clearing data/cache Sygic is working again.

EDIT
The OTA update removed WiFi.supplicant_WiFi_interval.
Sometimes wifi does not work icon displaying '!'.

Last edited:

MattOG

Dec 22, 2009
I'm facing an issue when attempting to sideload an update. Once in stock recovery, the volume rockers won't work to select "apply update from ADB". I've done a quick search on this thread and checked the FAQ but found nothing to help.

Edit:
I'm trying to go from LMY47I to the new 5.1.1 OTA, and at the top it says Android System Recovery <3e>

ThurstonX

Oct 29, 2012
Just wanted to give a big THANKS! shoutout to Wug, again, for making this process simple. It'd been nearly two years since I installed USB ROM. At the time I was deep into it all, using ADB, etc., from the command line, blah blah blah. Today I decided I wanted to see what Google has been up to, as I wasn't really using the strengths of USB ROM on my ancient Nexus 7 (2012). Wug's kit made it easy, after a little refresher reading and some backups, and his FAQs lead me to the fix of the "not all the storage is recognized" problem (factory reset, fortunately early on in the process). So while Titanium Backup restores my apps, I wanted to say, Thanks :)

1993cb7

Sep 28, 2009
Manalapan
www.cb7tuner.com
Just wanted to give a big THANKS! shoutout to Wug, again, for making this process simple. It'd been nearly two years since I installed USB ROM. At the time I was deep into it all, using ADB, etc., from the command line, blah blah blah. Today I decided I wanted to see what Google has been up to, as I wasn't really using the strengths of USB ROM on my ancient Nexus 7 (2012). Wug's kit made it easy, after a little refresher reading and some backups, and his FAQs lead me to the fix of the "not all the storage is recognized" problem (factory reset, fortunately early on in the process). So while Titanium Backup restores my apps, I wanted to say, Thanks :)

I wanted to second this.

I have not modified an Android device since around the time ICS came out.

I just was tired of chasing that perfect rom and when I ended up buying the HTC One M8, it was just awesome.

Flash forward to last night, I have a Nexus 7 from 2012 that was pretty good for a while. It went unused for a while and was DEAD beyond belief.

Took a half hour of charging before I could even turn it on.

Once I got it on it was updated to 5.1 and things seemed really sweet but after a week or so it was just lagging left and right and was acting silly.

So I popped on here and like old times, you guys have been hard at work.

so a BIG thank you Wug. I used your toolkit last night to do EVERYTHING.

I took out all the old drivers, installed all new ones, backed up, unlocked, rooted, and then flashed Chroma to my 7 and she is running flawlessly.

This community is really just downright amazing and it is because of people like you dude.

Thanks again!

Last edited:
Reactions: WugFresh

ClintE1956

Sep 29, 2012
I wanted to second this.

I have not modified an Android device since around the time ICS came out.

I just was tired of chasing that perfect rom and when I ended up buying the HTC One M8, it was just awesome.

Flash forward to last night, I have a Nexus 7 from 2012 that was pretty good for a while. It went unused for a while and was DEAD beyond belief.

Took a half hour of charging before I could even turn it on.

Once I got it on it was updated to 5.1 and things seemed really sweet but after a week or so it was just lagging left and right and was acting silly.

So I popped on here and like old times, you guys have been hard at work.

so a BIG thank you Wug. I used your toolkit last night to do EVERYTHING.

I took out all the old drivers, installed all new ones, backed up, unlocked, rooted, and then flashed Chroma to my 7 and she is running flawlessly.

This community is really just downright amazing and it is because of people like you dude.

Thanks again!

Yes, grateful shouts out to Wug always. Keeps on making the best (only?) toolkit for Nexus.

milski65

Oct 15, 2010
Orange
Struggled flashing cm 12 nightlies on my own. Opened toolkit, and 10 minutes later I'm running even better than stock on 2012. Jesus. Your program continues to blow me away. Thanks boss.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: gsutton

ichigo_kurosaki

Feb 24, 2013
Butuan City
Bootloader issues

@WugFresh,
with all due respect..i think you're the only one who can help me now..;'( Sorry for sort of hijacking your thread for this issue mate.

My nexus 7 grouper had been running on multirom TWRP for sometime now and running Optipop custom rom by @freak_97 and Slimkat by the same guy for my secondary rom.. All was running well until a few days ago when my tab was acting strange...i was encountering some freezes and all i could do is to force reboot by holding the power button...and i also noticed that if i leave my tab idle for long it shuts itself unceremoniously and it takes a long time before i can turn it on again...it still boots into the OS..until last nigh when it finally happened..i was using chrome..which we know is a ram eater..my tab froze and again i was forced to do forced rebooot again..then i found it not able to get passed the google screen..just stuck there forever..so again i have to long press the power..yes i can still get into bootloader mode..when i tried going into recovery it only shows the TWRP intro screen and freezes there..so now i'm screwed. the only way i can get out of there was by doing the force rebot again and going into fastboot and power off from there (i found it weird because i have to press all 3 buttons together to successfully enter fastboot.

this morning i tried to flash factory image using your awesome NRT (latest build)..all goes well until the bootloader flash section where it fails with an unknown error message..i have tried many factory images for grouper..even the oldest (4.1.2) but to no avail..i researched about APX mode..i researched about NVflash because i'm suspecting my device is bricked...the weird thing, to add to the list, is that when i boot/turn on the device..on the google screen the menus are above..those selections like (Start, restart bootloader, recovery, power off) so that's weird right there and i know that my bootloader is screwed. i tried flashing the 4.23 bootloader (i found from here, xda, after hours of research that most bootloaders on google's factory images are screwed..so now i'm stuck with an Asus Nexus paperweight.;'(

jb91

Nov 14, 2012
Quick beginner question here:

I know this is the Nexus 7 forum, but since it should work exactly the same with my Nexus 4, I'm asking in this thread. I'm trying to backup my Nexus 4 and then install Cyanogenmod. I am a complete beginner to all this, and I have never had anything other than Stock Android on my phone - it is 100% stock and has never been rooted or anything. So I really have no clue about it.

I have googled a bit, and it's confusing, because most articles about this phone are 2-3 years old and I'm not sure how it is nowadays. I've seen somewhere, that I need to create a backup of my stock phone (Android 5.1.1), before I attempt to do anything. However, if I click "Create Nandroid Backup w/ Custom Recovery" on Nexus Root Toolkit, it says my device needs to be "unlocked", but if I want to unlock it using this Toolkit, it says, unlocking will wipe my data. So I'm completely confused about what to do now.

Is there maybe a current guide (at least for Lollipop) for Nexus devices, that explains EVERYTHING from backup to flashing the ROM, step by step, for someone who's never done this before? Or could someone help me out here? Thanks a lot!

jman316

Jan 28, 2010
Right, so thats me sick of the terribly unuasble device that is Nexus 7. It is terribly slow (5.1.1) and unusable and i think its time to do the shebang on it. I have purposely not tinkered with it until now but i dont think i can use it like this anymore.

Ive just downloaded the toolkit and now im waiting for the tablet to charge up before i start. Will report back. :) Thanks in advance....

Last edited:

lennydude

Oct 18, 2010
The original TWRP 2.8.7 + was bad...........................it works now.

You can use an app named "Flashify" to download it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Unlocking, rooting, relocking and unrooting simplified! (and much more!)

VERSION 2.1.4 - This program will automatically bring together all the files you need to unlock and root your device in a few clicks, or flash it back to stock and re-lock it. You can also use this program to backup/restore all your important data, flash zips, set file permissions, push and pull files, install apps, generate logcats/bugreports, and much more! With the included file association options, you can perform tasks like flashing zips, installing apps, restoring android backup files, and flashing/booting img files with just a double click! The program includes a full featured interface for automating tasks in TWRP, enhanced restore features, an in-built auto-updater/notification system, ‘any build’ mode, advanced restore features,’NRT- Live Log’ for viewing the adb/fastboot cmds that are run in the background, quick tools utilities, and tools for taking screenshots/screen-recordings. All the latest official Android builds and Nexus devices are supported. The program intelligently and selectively downloads the files it needs for your device and makes sure you are using the latest files available. The program can even auto-detect your device and build. This release brings full Marshmallow root support plus all automated features by utilizing a new system that no longer requires modified boot.imgs. Check out the updated changelog for a more comprehensive breakdown of the feature set and changes in this release.

~ my goal for this project is make the entire process as smooth and simple as possible ~

https%3A%2F%2Fxdaforums.com%2Fimg.xda-cdn.com%2FGjk3UTsOYMSzkx4KT3SZlCiruqY%3D%2Fhttp%253A%252F%252Fi.imgur.com%252FGDhJYE8.jpg

https%3A%2F%2Fxdaforums.com%2Fimg.xda-cdn.com%2FpzfGGfwJWl0dnds_9og1tODaVzU%3D%2Fhttp%253A%252F%252Fi.imgur.com%252Fq1o1kav.jpg

Please read the FAQs before posting questions: http://www.wugfresh.com/nrt/faqs/

Looking for a walk-through? >> Excellent Instructional/How-To Videos: http://www.wugfresh.com/videos/

More information & Download Links: http://www.wugfresh.com/nrt/

Changelog: http://www.wugfresh.com/nrt/changelog/

Enjoy! ^_^

{{ WugFresh }}
    Hey, great work! Have you ever thought about making a mac or linux port? I'd really love to help you make one!

Email me: stevepink8@gmail.com
    For those of you who have 1.5.5 already, the 1.6.0 update package is officially live now. I am updating my site right now with new information and the full version.

I was able to do everything I set out to do in this release. Support for the Nexus 10, 4, new 3G Nexus 7. 4.2.0 support, and what I spent the most time on - a fully web backed system, that autograbs the latest files the toolkit needs, and populates everything from text files I maintain on the web, making keeping the toolkit updated with the latest files nearly instantaneous.

Lots more info coming. Enjoy ^_^

p.s. thank you all for your patience.

{{ WugFresh }}
    Working on it now. Been really busy though with another project though; https://capsules.io/ks.html

I will try my best to get the toolkit updated asap in my limited free time. There are some other changes/updates I need to integrate as well, but not too many. Cheers.

{{ WugFresh }}

Coding went pretty smooth this round. v1.8.3 is up. (Yes, it supports 4.4.3)

Enjoy ^_^

{{ WugFresh }}
    Ok, so my coding is going really well today. I really think I will be done tonight. Yay!

A word to the wise though; The program now uses Goo.im as the backend for everything because my host just couldn't handle it. They were nice enough to allocate me a large quantity of direct downloads (more than enough) through the program, but there is a daily cap; 30 per day per unique IP. That said, triggering a check for update, will register as a download because it downloads a small text file. So I recommend against checking for updates repeatedly today because your IP will get blocked and when the update is actually out later tonight you won't be able to use the updater, and will have to download the full version.

That said, the full version is going to be SIGNIFICANTLY smaller. The toolkit will now be entirely backed by an automated file list on the web. This means, the toolkit will only grab the files it needs. So if you only have a Gnex, it won't come with all the files for every single nexus device, but rather.. it will download them when you select that in the toolkit (if it doesn't detect them already in the local directory).

The device and build lists will now be populated from a text file that the toolkit can grab from the web. That means, in the future when a new build comes out, I can make it so the toolkit self updates within 20 minutes with everything it needs, and that build will be listed. Same goes for autoupdating CWM, TWRP, and SuperSU. The toolkit will therefore will always be up to date with the latest files. And I wont have to go crazy hard coding all of this like I have been.

Ok.. Back to coding for me. Thank you all for your patience. The slight delays in this release will ultimately speed up all future updates forever. ^_^

{{ WugFresh }}