FORUMS

Android 5.1.1 Omni ROM For Motorola Xoom

Back in Feb 2011, the Motorola Xoom became the first device to be sold with Android 3.0 … more

CleanSlate Brings Fingerprint Scanner Mod to HTC One M9+

Work of XDA Recognized Developer tbalden, CleanSlate custom kernel for the HTC … more

Sunday Debate: Which Factors Caused HTC’s Woes?

Join us in a fun Sunday Debate on HTC’s situation. Come with your … more

HTC’s New Ad Campaign And What It Really Means

HTC has just released three new blind test adverts comparing app loading … more

[Review] Doogee DG550 Kitkat OctaCore Phablet

305 posts
Thanks Meter: 330

By Xperia-Ray, Senior Member on 10th April 2014, 08:59 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
4th May 2015, 01:47 PM |#461  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by salmidach

I've already flashed it to 4.4.2 but can't root it for some reason, whenever I try to root it can't find my phone.

What USB mode is your phone set to? If it is "charge only" the computer will not recognize it.

5th May 2015, 02:30 PM |#462  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshMcMadMac

What USB mode is your phone set to? If it is "charge only" the computer will not recognize it.

It's in Mass storage mode
13th May 2015, 10:56 AM |#463  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Downgraded to 4.2 and able to root.
13th May 2015, 04:47 PM |#464  
Flag Miami
Thanks Meter: 9

More
May I ask if your phone shipped with 4.4?
5th June 2015, 08:40 AM |#465  

More
ghost touch
Hello!

A friend of mine bought this phone a while back, and it has a strange problem. We call it "ghost touch". It looks like if someone would press the screen at the same place randomly. In his case it is the place on the screen where the "L" key is when the keyboard is visible. He recorded it: https://youtu.be/I1lPtdAQBJw

I have found other people around the internet, suffering from the same (even one where this "ghost touch" happens randomly on the screen, not on the same point).
But unfortunately I couldn't find any solution at all... My friend already sent it back 2 times for repair, they always sent it back with the problem still existing (once they did a factory reset, and once they upgraded the firmware to 4.4.2. )
Does any of you have this problem? Is there a solution for it ?

Thanks in advance!
5th June 2015, 06:47 PM |#466  
Flag Miami
Thanks Meter: 9

More
I've never had this problem nor seen it before. I would suspect something has to be physically defective or damaged for this to be happening. Although if it were doing it this frequently I'd also wonder how the Doogee repair techs could have missed it, unless they simply didn't test for it at all and/or didn't understand the issue.

The only touchscreen issue I've ever personally experienced with a Doogee phone happened to be with the Voyager DG310 model. Put it bluntly, the keypress sense was off. Almost everything you would press was slightly "higher" up on the screen that it was supposed to be. This made typing a lot of fun. I suspected it could have something to with one-handed operational settings, but it never seemed to be fixable by me.
5th June 2015, 08:42 PM |#467  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperionAlpha

I've never had this problem nor seen it before. I would suspect something has to be physically defective or damaged for this to be happening. Although if it were doing it this frequently I'd also wonder how the Doogee repair techs could have missed it, unless they simply didn't test for it at all and/or didn't understand the issue.

The only touchscreen issue I've ever personally experienced with a Doogee phone happened to be with the Voyager DG310 model. Put it bluntly, the keypress sense was off. Almost everything you would press was slightly "higher" up on the screen that it was supposed to be. This made typing a lot of fun. I suspected it could have something to with one-handed operational settings, but it never seemed to be fixable by me.

I see. Thank You anyway! I have also seen what you are describing on a tablet, which I messed up by flashing the wrong partition, and the touch screen driver was gone.
In the case of the phone, I also think that is hardware related, because it is very rare. I found only 2-3 people who has this. In case it would be software related, it would be much more frequent. I'm not sure how to fix it though... My friend doesn't want to send it back a third time, and to buy a display for almost the same price as the phone itself is not an option either...
Now that I think of it, maybe I should write an xposed module, that ignores any touch events from that pixel where this damn ghost touches it
11th June 2015, 02:32 PM |#468  
Flag Vracov
Thanks Meter: 57

Donate to Me
More
Have anybody tried that "original" 3000 mAh battery?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/DOOGEE-DG550...item3aa6030645
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread