FORUMS

Root T-Mobile S6/Edge on 5.1.1 Without Tripping Knox

If you purchase phones from a carrier, you may be no stranger to the difficulties … more

IonVR Coming Soon, HTC M9 Dev Edition Gets Android 5.1 – XDA TV

The HTC M9 Developer Edition has received Android 5.1. That and … more

Android 5.1.1 Omni ROM For Motorola Xoom

Back in Feb 2011, the Motorola Xoom became the first device to be sold with Android 3.0 … more

CleanSlate Brings Fingerprint Scanner Mod to HTC One M9+

Work of XDA Recognized Developer tbalden, CleanSlate custom kernel for the HTC … more

HTC One M8 firmware collection for different CID/MID | 4.16.401.10

38,386 posts
Thanks Meter: 75,496

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
4th June 2015, 01:51 AM |#701  
Flag Vancouver
Thanks Meter: 1,372

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreglud

So, if I have SuperCID, and my mid is 0P6B1000. What firmware should I then use?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xunholyx For This Useful Post: [ View ]

4th June 2015, 03:11 AM |#702  
Thanks Meter: 446

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xunholyx

OT = loooove the bio. :thumbup:

"all i can really do , is stay out of my own way and let the will of heaven be done"
The Following User Says Thank You to mrrocketdog For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th June 2015, 06:45 PM |#703  
Flag Kastrup
Thanks Meter: 3

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Before I flashed it, I just wanted to check if I was already running the same version.. but when using fastboot getvar all, "version-main" doesn't show up anything.. howcome?
Derp
5th June 2015, 02:16 AM |#704  
Flag Vancouver

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreglud

Before I flashed it, I just wanted to check if I was already running the same version.. but when using fastboot getvar all, "version-main" doesn't show up anything.. howcome?
Derp

You are.
You can tell from the baseband version that you are running 4.16.401.10.
Your recovery is what is causing version-main (and OS in hboot if you check) is blank. Update your recovery. The next time you flash firmware, the version will be shown.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xunholyx For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th June 2015, 12:29 AM |#705  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Well after multiple hours spent today trying to update the firmware on this phone I'm finally to the point where I need help it seems.

I have an ATT M8 and it is S-ON. I had been running an earlier version of Revolution but decided to bite the bullet and try and update. I followed the instructions in the lead post (relock the bootloader, etc..) but I'm just not getting something right.

I'm pretty sure I downloaded the correct firmware version from Mike's site ( the 502 variant) but I must be missing something. I'd really appreciate some advise.

After I flash the firmware.zip file (which gives me an OK), I proceed to try and install TWRP for the recovery. That also indicates it goes ok, but the phone never boots into Recovery. I've tried different recovery versions (even the stock one Mike lists). Nothing.

Got any ideas?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	htc info.JPG
Views:	242
Size:	84.5 KB
ID:	3353027  
Last edited by covert7; 8th June 2015 at 12:32 AM. Reason: Added getvar info.
8th June 2015, 02:24 AM |#706  
Thanks Meter: 446

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by covert7

Well after multiple hours spent today trying to update the firmware on this phone I'm finally to the point where I need help it seems.

I have an ATT M8 and it is S-ON. I had been running an earlier version of Revolution but decided to bite the bullet and try and update. I followed the instructions in the lead post (relock the bootloader, etc..) but I'm just not getting something right.

I'm pretty sure I downloaded the correct firmware version from Mike's site ( the 502 variant) but I must be missing something. I'd really appreciate some advise.

After I flash the firmware.zip file (which gives me an OK), I proceed to try and install TWRP for the recovery. That also indicates it goes ok, but the phone never boots into Recovery. I've tried different recovery versions (even the stock one Mike lists). Nothing.

Got any ideas?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/78imgk7t5x...6BIMG.zip?dl=0
if you rename to 0P6BIMG.zip and can place on your externalSD , you can flash in Hboot. sorry , thats all i got though. good luck.

"all i can really do , is stay out of my own way and let the will of heaven be done"
The Following User Says Thank You to mrrocketdog For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th June 2015, 02:49 AM |#707  
Flag Vancouver

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by covert7

Got any ideas?

Dude. Your hboot/bootloader is 3.16. You have original firmware from a year ago. Your version-main (firmware version) is blank because your recovery is out of date.
Run the AT&T RUU from the official HTC download site.
Link here.
Scroll down to Manual Update, and read the instructions. The download for the RUU is at the end of them.
Back up anything important to you, because this will wipe everything.
The Following User Says Thank You to xunholyx For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th June 2015, 01:31 PM |#708  

More
Quote:

Dude. Your hboot/bootloader is 3.16. You have original firmware from a year ago. Your version-main (firmware version) is blank because your recovery is out of date.
Run the AT&T RUU from the official HTC download site.
Link here.
Scroll down to Manual Update, and read the instructions. The download for the RUU is at the end of them.
Back up anything important to you, because this will wipe everything.

Heh, I already tried this one as well! Now keep in mind the phone is already wiped (due to relocking bootloader) so I'm not worried about losing anything. But when I follow this path the HTC software attempts to connect/detect the device and ends up failing.

At this time, there is no ROM (stock or custom) on the phone. I'm not even sure a recovery is on there either to be honest. That's why I've been stuck trying to get a Recovery flashed on here to no avail. Basically my steps have been as follows:

1) Flash Firmware (requires relocking bootloader)
2) Flash Recovery (after unlocking bootloader)

I feel that if I could just get a Recovery (been attempting TWRP and Stock) on here then I"d be able to move on to the final step of getting a ROM on there. It's just so crazy because when I flash the Recovery image file I get an "OK" message and the phone attempts to reboot into Recovery but it just sits on that screen and never proceeds. Super weird.

Anyway, I appreciate the feedback Xunholyx. Any other ideas or thoughts are much appreciated!
11th June 2015, 02:38 PM |#709  

More
Ok, I have a good ending to this tale of weirdness.

So after multiple days of trying various drivers, RUU files, etc I finally got this crazy thing working again. All I did was try it on a different computer. That's it. I even copied over the exact same files from the previous computer to my 2nd one and it worked right off the bat.

Just goes to show you even if you're getting successful confirmation messages when doing the ADB thing but it doesn't work, try a different computer.

Isn't technology just wonderful??? :P
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to covert7 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread