FORUMS

Cyanogenmod DSPManager for Stock M8

28 posts
Thanks Meter: 13

By bubbahump, Junior Member on 12th June 2014, 10:51 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Attached to this post is a recovery-flashable .zip I created that will add Cyanogenmod DSP Manager to your stock M8. It works for me and I thought I'd share here and solicit feedback.

I pulled the DSP Manager app and library from the June 11th Cyanogenmod nightly build for the M8. I also pulled the audio_effects.conf file from this patch: http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/c/65...o_effects.conf . I packaged the three files into a .zip that can be flashed from recovery (I've tested with TWRP). I tested this on my phone running stock 1.55.605.2 firmware.

I suggest backing up via nandroid or other means before flashing this. You're on your own if this breaks your phone, as I only know that this works on my phone and make no promises that it won't brick yours or burn down your house /etc.

I also suggest disabling "Boomsound" by editing the following line in /system/customize/ACC/default.xml to change the value for 'support_boomsound_effect' to 'false':
Code:
<item type="boolean" name="support_boomsound_effect">false</item>
Enjoy.
Attached Files
File Type: zip DSPManager_M8_20140611.zip - [Click for QR Code] (525.9 KB, 351 views)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bubbahump For This Useful Post: [ View ]

31st October 2014, 02:02 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 20

More
Dont mean to bump and old thread but this is all i ever wanted is GPe and DSPmanager, others prefer V4A but i could never get the perfect bass i liked

This worked on my GPe rom with no problems, however i made a slight change and modified the audio_effects.conf that came with the rom with the changes in yours and boom worked
Last edited by nags92; 31st October 2014 at 02:04 PM. Reason: Typo
1st November 2014, 05:40 AM |#3  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 8,570

Donate to Me
More
Yeah works perfectly for music players, wish it would work with Pandora/Spotify
11th June 2015, 05:37 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 39

More
Lollipop
Anyone tested this one Lollipop HTC One (M8) International version?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
equalizer sound dspmanager
Previous Thread Next Thread