I can also confirm 4.4.4, all you need to do is downgrade to 4.4.2 first. 4.4.4 prevents the 4.2.2 modem from opening service mode correctly. Here is the procedure:
1. Enter Download Mode
2. Open Odin and select PDA
3. Select the MD5 file from the unzipped M919UVUFNB4 folder (this is the still zipped .tar file full filename is M919UVUFNB4_M919TMBFNB4_M919UVUFNB4_HOME.tar.md5)
4. Allow the phone to flash the older 4.4.2 firmware
5. Upon success phone will reset and get stuck in an endless boot loop
6. Remove battery and reboot into recovery mode (home + power + volume up)
7. Clear cache
8. Factory reset (when this completes select reboot device)
9. Phone will reboot into stock 4.4.2 and you may continue by flashing the 4.2.2 modem, unlocking and restoring the 4.4.2 modem AS PER THE OP's Instructions.
---------- Post added at 06:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:22 AM ----------
Originally Posted by flroots
I've been reviewing the steps since I want to unlock my recently purchased S4 M919. I started Odin 3.07, placed phone into download mode, and connected phone to PC with USB cable. I received the message 'Added!!' The 'Phone' button is greyed out? PDA is not? What does this mean? Thanks for any help.
I also had obtained this version of ODIN, it is simply a different version of 3.07 if you will. Try this ==> http://forum.xda-developers.com/atta...8&d=1381178137
Best of luck.