FORUMS

Index Project For XDA Device Subforums

Another ambitious project from the collaborative efforts of Recognized Contributors and Forum … more

The Atlas of XDA

A few weeks ago, we asked you “How Does Your Location Affect Your Life As A Power User?”. In the days that … more

New Snapdragons: Some Context & Contrast

It hasn’t been a good year for Qualcomm so far. Every device featuring the Snapdragon 810 … more

Google To Launch Next Gen Android One On July 14

The first gen of Android One devices to be launched in India in September 2014 were … more

does the m8 have aptx bluetooth

1,019 posts
Thanks Meter: 52

By hykhleif, Senior Member on 12th June 2014, 09:37 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
I looked at gsmarena and it doe not mention that the m8 has aptx Bluetooth what a bummer, especially that sound quality is a selling point for the m8, so many people like to listen to audio over Bluetooth so how come such an important thing has been omitted

12th June 2014, 10:16 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 34

More
Yes, it got aptx.
12th June 2014, 11:06 AM |#3  
Flag Al Ain
Thanks Meter: 222

More
Yes. It has. But, sadly BoomSound is disabled for BT audio and no equalizer in music either😭

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
12th June 2014, 12:03 PM |#4  
Flag Hannover
Thanks Meter: 2,912

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by skr_xd

Yes. It has. But, sadly BoomSound is disabled for BT audio and no equalizer in music either😭

BoomSound isn't disabled for Bluetooth...it works nice with it...

Gesendet von meinem HTC One_M8 mit Tapatalk
12th June 2014, 12:19 PM |#5  
Flag Al Ain

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by One-M8-Master

BoomSound isn't disabled for Bluetooth...it works nice with it...

Its disabled with my HS3000 APTX enabled headset. Which BT are you using?

12th June 2014, 05:02 PM |#6  
Flag Hannover

More
Quote:

Its disabled with my HS3000 APTX enabled headset. Which BT are you using?

I tried different....I used the in car sound system with Harman kardon system in our Mercedes, and also used a Logitech Bluetooth receiver from a friend...disabling BoomSound makes the sound worse but enabling again it sounds so beautiful *_* ...don't know what could be wrong...but for me it works fine...also when I installed Harman kardon on my m8

13th June 2014, 03:20 PM |#7  
Flag Al Ain

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by One-M8-Master

I tried different....I used the in car sound system with Harman kardon system in our Mercedes, and also used a Logitech Bluetooth receiver from a friend...disabling BoomSound makes the sound worse but enabling again it sounds so beautiful *_* ...don't know what could be wrong...but for me it works fine...also when I installed Harman kardon on my m8

Stock 1.54.401.10

13th June 2014, 04:13 PM |#8  
Flag Hannover

More
Quote:

Stock 1.54.401.10

Lol that's really strange ...for me BoomSound works fine with Bluetooth....can enable and disable...but will try again...Hm

13th June 2015, 12:25 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Phone The m8 does have aptx
I have had both versions of the HTC one m8. The m8 has Bluetooth 4.0 with aptx. If you go to the APTX website you can search to see what devices have aptx. Also the standard HTC one m8 does not allow you to enable the BoomSound option, when connected with Bluetooth. You can only use BoomSound when connected with audio cable. The Harmon kardon edition allows you to turn on CLARIFY, while connected with Bluetooth, maybe that's what your confusing it with. But you CANNOT use BoomSound when connected to a device with Bluetooth. I own 40 different speaker docks and not one of them allows me to enable BoomSound while connected with Bluetooth.

---------- Post added at 11:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:21 PM ----------

When connected with Bluetooth , the BoomSound disables itself and the BoomSound option becomes grey and you cannot click on it.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread