FORUMS

WiFi Hotspot problem in Windows 8.1

426 posts
Thanks Meter: 495

By DMJoh, Senior Member on 18th February 2014, 05:21 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
After creating WiFi hotspot in windows 8.1, i am able to connect to internet but in between the connection pauses and i cannot receive data, nor PC neither my phone shows problem with connection, but no data is received.

Explaining further
1. I created hotspot in Windows 8.1 by the default method, and even tried connectify hotspot and some bunch of software.
2. When I connect my phone to the hotspot, the connection will be successful and i can browse, but after sometime data is not received but i can browse flawlessly in PC at the same time.
3. For Ex. say if i sent a message in Whatsapp from phone connected to PC hotspot, the message wont leave my phone, it will be there for a minute or two, and it will leave.

i updated my WiFi Drivers, tried a couple of third party applications, but no use.
But if i install any of the previous version of Windows, there is no problem like this.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DMJoh For This Useful Post: [ View ]

13th June 2015, 03:29 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
My problem is different.
I can create hotspot on windows8.1. works perfectly fine in galaxy y gingerbread.
But I'm not able to use the same with lenovo a7 30 tablet with kitkat 4.4.
I can connect to hotspot but when other network shared to this it is getting disconnected.

Any solutions?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
hotspot fail, windows 8.1, windows 8.1 wifi
Previous Thread Next Thread