FORUMS

Index Project For XDA Device Subforums

Another ambitious project from the collaborative efforts of Recognized Contributors and Forum … more

The Atlas of XDA

A few weeks ago, we asked you “How Does Your Location Affect Your Life As A Power User?”. In the days that … more

New Snapdragons: Some Context & Contrast

It hasn’t been a good year for Qualcomm so far. Every device featuring the Snapdragon 810 … more

Google To Launch Next Gen Android One On July 14

The first gen of Android One devices to be launched in India in September 2014 were … more

[KERNEL][AGNi][STOCK] 03-06-2015 AGNi pureSTOCK I605 (ULTRA SMOOTH)

4,917 posts
Thanks Meter: 9,965
 
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
3rd June 2015, 03:05 PM |#411  
psndna88's Avatar
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 9,965
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEK112

Confirmed MTP working in 4.4.5 both internal and external mount.

thankyou!!





Quote:
Originally Posted by redrol

No! MTP is not working. This is what I get every time on this kernel:
What do you mean internal and external mount? How do you have it working?!!

u hav to get usb drivers installed,
simplest way is to have Samsung kies installed....
 
 
3rd June 2015, 03:51 PM |#412  
TEK112's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Philadelphia
Thanks Meter: 470
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by redrol

No! MTP is not working. This is what I get every time on this kernel:
What do you mean internal and external mount? How do you have it working?!!

First....deep breath.

I plugged my device in and it said connected as USB installer on my phone. I then switched it to MTP which produced no change and then switched it to PTP which also did nothing. I switched it back to MTP and unplugged the USB and tried a different port. This time the phone showed a connection of media device and windows showed the phone and both internal and external storage mounted.

---------- Post added at 10:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:50 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by psndna88

thankyou!!

No, no no.... thank you!

This is an old device and I appreciate you keeping up with it.
The Following User Says Thank You to TEK112 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th June 2015, 12:44 AM |#413  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 20
 
More
OK I finally got MTP to work but I had to go into the AGNi control app and select ENABLE/DISABLE UMS Mode for external and set it to On which did nothing I could tell, then I switched it back off and suddenly the MTP mode came up and started working?!

If you click the swipe down notification "Connected Installer blah blah" after plugging in and chose MTP mode it never works.. I have to go into the AGNi app and set ENABLE/DISABLE UMS Mode for external and set it to On and then back Off and suddenly MTP starts.
Last edited by redrol; 4th June 2015 at 12:50 AM.
5th June 2015, 03:34 AM |#414  
fallen00sniper's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Everett
Thanks Meter: 114
 
Donate to Me
More
the ums off hangs for me, this fixed my mtp and i didn't need to mess with the ums toggle.

updated to the latest agni 4.4.5
installed the latest kies
installed the latest drivers from the kies directory in the usb driver folder
rebooted
checked mtp and waited (mtp driver failed to install)
did update driver from device manager
profit!

even the samsung usb modem driver installed.

thank you a thousands times @psndna88
Last edited by fallen00sniper; 5th June 2015 at 03:53 AM.
5th June 2015, 03:59 PM |#415  
psndna88's Avatar
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 9,965
 
Donate to Me
More
for anyone having freeze issue with hdmi mhl or dock, try this build of v4.4.5:
https://mega.co.nz/#!AMdEBCQY!yWjTRo...0qew5ljPnvrBQk
The Following User Says Thank You to psndna88 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th June 2015, 03:54 AM |#416  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 20
 
More
Agreed, MTP works now. Thank you SOOOOO much for that fix. Now my phone is complete. No problems.

FYI, so far Pegasusq-Speedmod has the best blend of speed/no lag/and battery. A very nice governor.
11th June 2015, 05:32 AM |#417  
fallen00sniper's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Everett
Thanks Meter: 114
 
Donate to Me
More
this sucks... i'm still having issues the driver from kies must be crap since it isn't working again.

i'm probably going to have to try from my xubuntu or yosemite install, maybe linux or mac will work better, gladly my linux and hackintosh install both see ntfs just fine XD

unfortunately neither mac or linux would mount the phone at all, even with ums...

what is going on here?
Last edited by fallen00sniper; 11th June 2015 at 05:50 AM. Reason: i have my reasons, don't question my authority!
11th June 2015, 03:08 PM |#418  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 20
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fallen00sniper

this sucks... i'm still having issues the driver from kies must be crap since it isn't working again.

i'm probably going to have to try from my xubuntu or yosemite install, maybe linux or mac will work better, gladly my linux and hackintosh install both see ntfs just fine XD

unfortunately neither mac or linux would mount the phone at all, even with ums...

what is going on here?

I think i might have figured out the secret. Turn OFF USB debugging, then connect to the computer, flip to MTP mode on the swipe down. Now go to the device manager, right click the broken "Samsung Mobile USB Composite device" (the phone itself), click the Driver tab, hit Update Driver, Browse, then Let me pick from a list of drivers on my computer, then choose "MTP USB Device " NOT Samsung USB anything. After that the phone should mount correctly.
13th June 2015, 06:30 PM |#419  
fallen00sniper's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Everett
Thanks Meter: 114
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by redrol

I think i might have figured out the secret. Turn OFF USB debugging, then connect to the computer, flip to MTP mode on the swipe down. Now go to the device manager, right click the broken "Samsung Mobile USB Composite device" (the phone itself), click the Driver tab, hit Update Driver, Browse, then Let me pick from a list of drivers on my computer, then choose "MTP USB Device " NOT Samsung USB anything. After that the phone should mount correctly.

The debugging could possibly cause some issues, not sure why, where did you find the mtp USB device driver?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using XDA Free mobile app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes