FORUMS

OnePlus 2 Forums: Discuss Everything About The OP2!

Now that the OnePlus 2 has been officially unveiled and that we have had close-up … more

Intel & Micron Announce “Revolutionary” Storage Tech

Intel & Micron have announced 3D Xpoint technology—”the … more

Google Now Interfaces With Third-Party Messaging Apps

Google has announced that Ok Google voice commands can now be used to send … more

Make Your Lockscreen More Productive With Widgets

Are you running Android Lollipop? Do you miss the ability to add widgets to your lock … more

Moto G 4G LTE

1,706 posts
Thanks Meter: 650

By NWKENT, Senior Member on 31st May 2014, 04:02 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
2nd April 2015, 04:04 PM |#271  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 8

More
MOTO G LTE - skipping to 5.1
http://www.androidpolice.com/2015/04...raight-to-5-1/

interesting - no time scales though

14th June 2015, 08:24 PM |#272  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Purple strip on screen then fades to black
Context: I am attempting to root the moto g xt1040 so I can install a cyanogenmod ROM on it.
I have unlocked the bootloader and dropped the CM ROM.zip file on the device.

I have also dropped the Update-SuperSU-v2.02.zip file on the phone.

Problem: When I run: >fastboot boot TWRP2.7.1.1-titan-motog-2014.img it works for a minute and then a purple stripe shows on the screen for a minute and then fades to black. If I restart it the stock version of Android loads. I am trying to get to the screen where I can update the SU to give root access. I downloaded CF-Auto-Root-peregrine-peregrineretgb-xt1039.zip and ran root-windows.bat but it doesn't seem to have worked although it reported successful.

There is a very similar issue here: //android.stackexchange.com/questions/112321/booting-into-twrp-fails?newreg=037b226a9f2f450e8ea21cee964277d4 - but it hasn't been solved.

===update below===
I just made a lot of progress. Apparently before you flash recovery you need to transfer the file to the SD card. After I did that I ran the below:
C:\adb>fastboot flash recovery CWM-6.0.5.0-peregrine.img
I then booted into recovery mode and it worked. Now it should be simple except I somehow download a cyanogenmod that is for xt1034 instead of xt1040 so I'm off to correct that....
-Total Beginner with custom ROMs
Last edited by plane_sight; 14th June 2015 at 09:58 PM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread