FORUMS

Swappa’s New App Helps You Value Your Device

There comes a sad time in everyone’s life where you must part ways with your … more

Xiaomi Sold 34.7 Million Phones In 6 Months

2015 has been a phenomenal year for Xiaomi so far. With a stellar rise in 2014, 2015 saw … more

Sprint Reacts To Jab From T-Mobile

America’s cellular network space has always been a battle of the big four: Verizon, AT&T, … more

Floating Apps with Rovers – XDA App Review

There are a lot of great launchers to help customize your phone. Some Launchers allow … more

View Poll Results: On the fly DPI change breaks Font size options. Do you want to see this feature?

Bring on the fly DPI, change DPI setting no reboot

20 Vote(s)
62.50%
Keep font size options

12 Vote(s)
37.50%

[ROM] W03 Slim / CM - See post #5410 for 5.1+

1,511 posts
Thanks Meter: 6,640

By willl03, Recognized Contributor on 6th February 2014, 05:01 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
1st June 2015, 12:17 PM |#5451  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
for people using this rom here, what is your free memory amount after having your note 3 on for like 30 minutes after a reboot?

10th June 2015, 05:28 PM |#5452  
Flag San Antonio
Thanks Meter: 18

More
OH MY GAWD, I AM IN LOVE WITH YOUR 5/17/2015 5.1 BUILD!!!

Ok, now that the caps is off...I'm not sure quite where to begin, but here goes....all I can say is WOW! Thank you for all your hard work. Thank you for working on your CM12.1 variant. Thank you for sharing it with your friends. Thank you for posting it in here and sharing it with us on XDA. Your 5/17/2015 build is the reward for all my hard work of searching and testing in search of that perfect 5.1 build.

I've been testing out 5.1 builds for my tmo Note3 and all of them suffered from random reboots. I toyed around with them and tried various troubleshooting (up to and including not restoring any backups in case non-5.1 apps or old app data were causing the reboots) but nothing worked. Prior to toying around with 5.1 I've been running DomPop (a 5.0 ROM). DomPop has everything I need *except* the ability to import certificates for my corporate email (I think it's an android bug, not a "DomPop bug"). DomPop is my reliable ROM that I go back to when a 5.1 build is missing something I need or isn't stable.

So anyways, I stumbled onto this thread when I got fed up with not having corporate email working in DomPop (again, I think it's an android bug and *not* a DomPop bug). I've got to hand it to you...the build on that Google+ page (dated 5/17/2015) is PERFECT!!! It is everything I need *right* *now* from a 5.1 ROM for my daily driver. I haven't experienced a single random reboot. With reasonable battery conservation habits I get good battery life from your ROM - this is important since 5.1 is known for chewing up batteries.

For anyone else curious about these builds, it is worthwhile to note that I did see some odd behaviour from the slim gapps linked to in the G+ posts, but it cleared up after I dirty-flashed a more expansive 5.1 gapps zip that I had from previous 5.1 testing. I can't remember where I got it from, but I believe the one I flashed is named "Slim_full_gapps.BETA.5.1.build.0.x-20150521.zip". I am also running the arter97 kernel version 6.0 with great results after seeing the reference on G+ about it. The only thing that I don't have on that ROM is Xposed...and to be honest, the ROM is running so damn well that I don't want to change a thing, and Xposed isn't a deal-breaker for me. To be be clear, I've not requested Xposed because those builds are made available with "no ETA or feature request. If you want a ROM full of features there are better alternatives out there, focus is being bugless with max smoothness, battery and ease of maintenance."

So, again, THANK YOU for your work. I now have a reliable and stable daily driver that's 5.1!

Quote:
Originally Posted by willl03

Hello everybody! I'm back in the building game, private builds are being shared on G+ with a bunch of friends.

DISCLAIMER:

Agree

Disagree

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to digitalfiend For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th June 2015, 04:43 AM |#5453  
Flag MA
Thanks Meter: 4,709

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalfiend

OH MY GAWD, I AM IN LOVE WITH YOUR 5/17/2015 5.1 BUILD!!!

Ok, now that the caps is off...I'm not sure quite where to begin, but here goes....all I can say is WOW! Thank you for all your hard work. Thank you for working on your CM12.1 variant. Thank you for sharing it with your friends. Thank you for posting it in here and sharing it with us on XDA. Your 5/17/2015 build is the reward for all my hard work of searching and testing in search of that perfect 5.1 build.

I've been testing out 5.1 builds for my tmo Note3 and all of them suffered from random reboots. I toyed around with them and tried various troubleshooting (up to and including not restoring any backups in case non-5.1 apps or old app data were causing the reboots) but nothing worked. Prior to toying around with 5.1 I've been running DomPop (a 5.0 ROM). DomPop has everything I need *except* the ability to import certificates for my corporate email (I think it's an android bug, not a "DomPop bug"). DomPop is my reliable ROM that I go back to when a 5.1 build is missing something I need or isn't stable.

So anyways, I stumbled onto this thread when I got fed up with not having corporate email working in DomPop (again, I think it's an android bug and *not* a DomPop bug). I've got to hand it to you...the build on that Google+ page (dated 5/17/2015) is PERFECT!!! It is everything I need *right* *now* from a 5.1 ROM for my daily driver. I haven't experienced a single random reboot. With reasonable battery conservation habits I get good battery life from your ROM - this is important since 5.1 is known for chewing up batteries.

For anyone else curious about these builds, it is worthwhile to note that I did see some odd behaviour from the slim gapps linked to in the G+ posts, but it cleared up after I dirty-flashed a more expansive 5.1 gapps zip that I had from previous 5.1 testing. I can't remember where I got it from, but I believe the one I flashed is named "Slim_full_gapps.BETA.5.1.build.0.x-20150521.zip". I am also running the arter97 kernel version 6.0 with great results after seeing the reference on G+ about it. The only thing that I don't have on that ROM is Xposed...and to be honest, the ROM is running so damn well that I don't want to change a thing, and Xposed isn't a deal-breaker for me. To be be clear, I've not requested Xposed because those builds are made available with "no ETA or feature request. If you want a ROM full of features there are better alternatives out there, focus is being bugless with max smoothness, battery and ease of maintenance."

So, again, THANK YOU for your work. I now have a reliable and stable daily driver that's 5.1!

nice writeup bro. and i fully agree.

some people state n3 dev is dead... i say bullocks

p.s. This, DP, AICP, and Liquid are my go to's when i get that romaholic itch
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kevp75 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th June 2015, 12:25 AM |#5454  
Thanks Meter: 54

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalfiend

For anyone else curious about these builds, it is worthwhile to note that I did see some odd behaviour from the slim gapps linked to in the G+ posts, but it cleared up after I dirty-flashed a more expansive 5.1 gapps zip that I had from previous 5.1 testing. I can't remember where I got it from, but I believe the one I flashed is named "Slim_full_gapps.BETA.5.1.build.0.x-20150521.zip".

Maybe this will help someone.
I'm gonna try your setup.
https://basketbuild.com/dlgate/devs?...x-20150521.zip

Sent from my SM-N910F using XDA Free mobile app
14th June 2015, 06:02 AM |#5455  

More
I always love coming back to aosp, I always forget how slow my phone is and how great it could be if Samsung didn't bloat it all up.

It looks like with the raw access to the camera (is that right?) I can do 4k video now. The camera software was one of the reasons I went back to touchwiz. Is there a comparable camera app that will work with aosp?

Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Free mobile app
14th June 2015, 05:54 PM |#5456  
Flag Memphis, TN
Thanks Meter: 712

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by allroy1975

I always love coming back to aosp, I always forget how slow my phone is and how great it could be if Samsung didn't bloat it all up.

It looks like with the raw access to the camera (is that right?) I can do 4k video now. The camera software was one of the reasons I went back to touchwiz. Is there a comparable camera app that will work with aosp?

I haven't tried it with this ROM yet, but this has worked on another 12.1 ROM. Make a backup before you give it a go. It's the Motorola camera pulled from a MotoX:
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BxOA...VzNGV0NjA/edit
The Following User Says Thank You to docnok63 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th June 2015, 05:20 AM |#5457  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by docnok63

I haven't tried it with this ROM yet, but this has worked on another 12.1 ROM. Make a backup before you give it a go. It's the Motorola camera pulled from a MotoX:
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BxOA...VzNGV0NjA/edit

Fantastic! The Lenovo one is working really well. I'll give yours a shot. The only thing that I'm having trouble with is YouTube seems to start getting really jammy after about 30 seconds of play. Then it sucks. I gotta figure this out. Other than that, this is glorious. I had almost forgot that I could get 6+ hours of SoT on this phone. And it s sooooo much faster. The "recent apps" is glorious. The email client dominates. The sliding your finger over the status bar to control brightness works by default. I'm in love with my nearly 2 year old phone again.

Thanks sooo much Will!

Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Free mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to allroy1975 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th June 2015, 06:50 PM |#5458  
Flag Memphis, TN
Thanks Meter: 712

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by allroy1975

Fantastic! The Lenovo one is working really well. I'll give yours a shot. The only thing that I'm having trouble with is YouTube seems to start getting really jammy after about 30 seconds of play. Then it sucks. I gotta figure this out. Other than that, this is glorious....

I've never had the same YouTube issue, but you might want to try @arter97's kernel. It has amazing battery life and may improve your YouTube situation. Linking you has shown me that there's a new version which I'm about to flash myself!
http://arter97.com/browse/Note%203/k..._Lollipop-5.1/
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread