FORUMS

OnePlus Addresses Reservation List Cheating

Jake Cooper figured out how to bump his place up on OnePlus’ reservation list and … more

OnePlus 2 Benchmark Scores Show Its Muscle

This video by FoneArena contains all the popular benchmarks being tested on the OnePlus 2, … more

Sony’s Emergence in The Middle: Is The Price Right?

Sony’s Electronics Division is not in its best days, and its smartphone … more

HTC Delivering Ads Straight to Sense Home

HTC’s 2015 has been a year marked by a desperate search for revenue.The HTC One M9 … more

Touch screen not working properly with 4.4.2 roms

15 posts
Thanks Meter: 3

By zetorung, Junior Member on 22nd May 2014, 01:55 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
My touch screen seems to work fine on 4.2.2 (specifically the rom at: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2719411) but when I flash a 4.4.2 rom, it does not seem to track my finger well. Half way through a swipe it will just stop reacting to my finger, and no matter how hard I press or move it around it will not detect my finger again until I lift it and place it again.

This is very bothersome as it makes the tablet almost unusable. Any help is very appreciated.

This is ANY 4.4.2, stock based, or AOSP I have tried multiple roms from aosp, and ive tried both the A and B roms at http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2707363
The Following User Says Thank You to zetorung For This Useful Post: [ View ]

25th May 2014, 06:58 PM |#2  
OP Junior Member

More
Update
So I went back to a 10a 4.2.2 base stock. Like usual the touch screen behaved normally here, Then I flashed the latest Mahdi and it once again stopped tracking my finger.

I then flashed the discontinued dyn kernel (gpeish works too) and it started tracking normally. I wanted to use the AIC kernel for AOSP, but unfortunately it does not correct the issue. So what I did was, flash dyn to get it working correctly, then flashed AIC over top of that. It seemed to do the trick. I don't have the issue now. Though I am not sure what this means, or if other people have this problem.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zetorung For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st June 2015, 03:02 PM |#3  
Flag Tijuana

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zetorung

So I went back to a 10a 4.2.2 base stock. Like usual the touch screen behaved normally here, Then I flashed the latest Mahdi and it once again stopped tracking my finger.

I then flashed the discontinued dyn kernel (gpeish works too) and it started tracking normally. I wanted to use the AIC kernel for AOSP, but unfortunately it does not correct the issue. So what I did was, flash dyn to get it working correctly, then flashed AIC over top of that. It seemed to do the trick. I don't have the issue now. Though I am not sure what this means, or if other people have this problem.

Thank you so much, I thought that I got a defective PAD, I have
I know that this is a veeery old post, so to clarify and be sure about what you did

Flashed stock 10a 4.2.2
Flashed DYN Kernel
Flashed AIC

Have you figured out any way to resolve the issue with 4.4.2?

thank you
1st June 2015, 04:01 PM |#4  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orochikun

Thank you so much, I thought that I got a defective PAD, I have
I know that this is a veeery old post, so to clarify and be sure about what you did

Flashed stock 10a 4.2.2
Flashed DYN Kernel
Flashed AIC

Have you figured out any way to resolve the issue with 4.4.2?

thank you

Unfortunately no. I ended up selling it after a year or so to buy a nexus 9. Sorry I cant be of more help.
1st June 2015, 04:20 PM |#5  
Flag Tijuana

More
Smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by zetorung

Unfortunately no. I ended up selling it after a year or so to buy a nexus 9. Sorry I cant be of more help.

Thank you for the reply
Well I just keep flashing till it works like it should lol
16th June 2015, 08:15 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
I have the same issue ! For a moment there I thought the G Pad had a non-sensitive area like the iPads have xD
The strange thing is, this problem also appears on Lollipop roms...
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread