FORUMS

HTC’s New Ad Campaign And What It Really Means

HTC has just released three new blind test adverts comparing app loading … more

XDA Picks: Best Apps of the Week (June 27 – July 4)

Apps are at the front and center of any smartphone experience, and with over a … more

HTC One M9 Developer Edition Android 5.1 OTA

The Developer Edition of the HTC One M9 is receiving an over-the-air update to Android 5.1. … more

Index Project For XDA Device Subforums

Another ambitious project from the collaborative efforts of Recognized Contributors and Forum … more

[HACK] Grow your data partition

497 posts
Thanks Meter: 628

By cyansmoker, Recognized Developer on 13th January 2014, 12:22 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
13th May 2015, 03:21 PM |#111  
Flag Malmö
Thanks Meter: 25

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by casseres2001

Good evening, I need help, I am trying to use the windows version of the O-Toos, bad, does not work with my Oppo Find 5 in Fastboot, my device is recognized, but when I click the button to perform the operation on partition appear several black screens CMD, very fast, with writing more, does not work at all on the device!

Are you sure you are using twrp as a recovery before running the tool? Also do you have the device recognized in the fastboot mode? Open device manager and check if all the drivers are OK. The black screens CMDs appear very fast because no commands are executed. Do write to me about:

1. The recovery that you have installed on your device (screenshot would be great so I could double check).
2. Device Manager screenshot when find5 is booted in fastboot and connected to the computer.

16th May 2015, 12:18 AM |#112  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolverine2k

Are you sure you are using twrp as a recovery before running the tool? Also do you have the device recognized in the fastboot mode? Open device manager and check if all the drivers are OK. The black screens CMDs appear very fast because no commands are executed. Do write to me about:

1. The recovery that you have installed on your device (screenshot would be great so I could double check).
2. Device Manager screenshot when find5 is booted in fastboot and connected to the computer.

Wolverine2k, thanks for your work on this program. It worked perfectly for me once I figured a couple things out (see below)...

Casseres2001, the problem is likely because you are using the program on a 64bit OS. I found that the program will run on Windows x64 but the command prompt will just briefly flash and not do anything when trying to resize the partition. I installed a copy of Vista x86 that I had lying around and it worked fine.
18th May 2015, 09:39 AM |#113  
Flag Malmö

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibjaredu

Wolverine2k, thanks for your work on this program. It worked perfectly for me once I figured a couple things out (see below)...

Casseres2001, the problem is likely because you are using the program on a 64bit OS. I found that the program will run on Windows x64 but the command prompt will just briefly flash and not do anything when trying to resize the partition. I installed a copy of Vista x86 that I had lying around and it worked fine.

Thanks ibjaredu. You are probably right since the Windows version is compiled with ming32.
Cheers,
2nd June 2015, 01:04 PM |#114  
Flag Rheinberg (Duisburg)
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Hey wolverine2k
nice tool. Its very nice to have mor then 1GB free Space on the data partition on my Find5. Its very easy with your Tool.
One request I had as yet, can you please add to the GUI tool the default size (I mean the 2GB partion)
thx
18th June 2015, 09:09 AM |#115  
Flag Malmö

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCORRPiO

Hey wolverine2k
nice tool. Its very nice to have mor then 1GB free Space on the data partition on my Find5. Its very easy with your Tool.
One request I had as yet, can you please add to the GUI tool the default size (I mean the 2GB partion)
thx

Your wish is granted SCORPiO . Updated windows build available here. Updated linux build avaialble here.

ENJOY!

Cheers!
Last edited by wolverine2k; 18th June 2015 at 10:01 AM. Reason: Updated information on Linux build availability...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wolverine2k For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread