FORUMS

Beats Music No Longer Accepting New Accounts

Whenever Apple launches a new product or service, it definitely manages to grab the … more

Do You Do Self-Repairs on Your Devices?

As smartphone designs become more and more complex, self-repairs on devices are also becoming … more

Sony Z4 Slips Out of Top 5 Smartphones in Japan

In a bid to streamline its flagship series which had been losing credibility over the … more

Sprint’s New Unlimited Plan with Ridiculous Capped Speeds

The carrier game in the United States is perpetually rushing forward at … more

Ubuntu port on Galaxy S3 i9300

697 posts
Thanks Meter: 149

By Jaskaran498, Senior Member on 9th January 2014, 02:03 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
4th May 2015, 08:34 PM |#91  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by astronfestmon

But before You will need to do some steps that I will update on the topic. Like a new one.

In the next hours I wil update it here.

Thank you!
I've done this now, but I will wait with the lunch and make commands until you have detailed the steps to do before that.
Regards.

6th May 2015, 02:30 PM |#92  
Thanks Meter: 84

Donate to Me
More
Hello guys, comming to take some news, is there any flashable build actually ?

I'm curious about the fonctionallity of Ubuntu... :3
7th May 2015, 07:18 PM |#93  

More
Well, now I am compiling and I have run into a few errors which I have fixed to the best of my ability, but the one below has me puzzled.

Has anyone fixed this one before? I have googled it and found a few examples, but no solution.

Code:
hardware/samsung/exynos4/hal/libgralloc_ump/gralloc_module.cpp:484:1: sorry, unimplemented: non-trivial designated initializers not supported
hardware/samsung/exynos4/hal/libgralloc_ump/gralloc_module.cpp:484:1: sorry, unimplemented: non-trivial designated initializers not supported
hardware/samsung/exynos4/hal/libgralloc_ump/gralloc_module.cpp:484:1: warning: missing initializer for member 'gralloc_module_t::reserved_proc' [-Wmissing-field-initializers]
hardware/samsung/exynos4/hal/libgralloc_ump/gralloc_module.cpp:484:1: warning: missing initializer for member 'private_module_t::info' [-Wmissing-field-initializers]
hardware/samsung/exynos4/hal/libgralloc_ump/gralloc_module.cpp:484:1: warning: missing initializer for member 'private_module_t::finfo' [-Wmissing-field-initializers]
hardware/samsung/exynos4/hal/libgralloc_ump/gralloc_module.cpp:484:1: warning: missing initializer for member 'private_module_t::xdpi' [-Wmissing-field-initializers]
hardware/samsung/exynos4/hal/libgralloc_ump/gralloc_module.cpp:484:1: warning: missing initializer for member 'private_module_t::ydpi' [-Wmissing-field-initializers]
hardware/samsung/exynos4/hal/libgralloc_ump/gralloc_module.cpp:484:1: warning: missing initializer for member 'private_module_t::fps' [-Wmissing-field-initializers]
hardware/samsung/exynos4/hal/libgralloc_ump/gralloc_module.cpp:484:1: warning: missing initializer for member 'private_module_t::enableVSync' [-Wmissing-field-initializers]
make: *** [/home/ari/phablet/out/target/product/i9300/obj/SHARED_LIBRARIES/gralloc.exynos4_intermediates/gralloc_module.o] Error 1
Thoughts:
I have tried to search through the code for figure out why the compiler complains these variables have not been initialized. I am not experienced enough to pinpoint the source of the problem, so I have compared corresponding code in different sections of the hardware/samsung branch of the code. These seem to follow the same pattern, so this leads me to think the cause lies elsewhere. (This is, of course, assuming that this code compiles normally in other builds.) Additionally, I have read up a bit on the use of constructors and destructors in C++, but so far without finding any answer.
Last edited by aribk; 7th May 2015 at 09:22 PM.
8th May 2015, 10:52 PM |#94  
Flag Paris
Thanks Meter: 1

More
I'm using all this got to have all I need to start

Code:
git clone https://github.com/vic3t3chn0/android_device_samsung_i9300.git device/samsung/i9300
git clone https://github.com/vic3t3chn0/ubuntu_smdk4412_kernel.git kernel/samsung/smdk4412
git clone https://github.com/CyanogenMod/android_device_samsung_smdk4412-common.git device/samsung/smdk4412-common/
git clone https://github.com/DroidTh3ory/vendor_samsung.git vendor/samsung
git clone https://github.com/AOKP/hardware_samsung.git hardware/samsung
git clone https://github.com/ngiordano/cm_vendor.git vendor/cm
And for my first try I get this error

Code:
build/core/copy_headers.mk:15: warning: overriding recipe for target '/UT/out/target/product/i9300/obj/include/libsecmm/mfc_errno.h'
build/core/copy_headers.mk:15: warning: ignoring old recipe for target '/UT/out/target/product/i9300/obj/include/libsecmm/mfc_errno.h'
build/core/copy_headers.mk:15: warning: overriding recipe for target '/UT/out/target/product/i9300/obj/include/libsecmm/mfc_interface.h'
build/core/copy_headers.mk:15: warning: ignoring old recipe for target '/UT/out/target/product/i9300/obj/include/libsecmm/mfc_interface.h'
build/core/copy_headers.mk:15: warning: overriding recipe for target '/UT/out/target/product/i9300/obj/include/libsecmm/SsbSipMfcApi.h'
build/core/copy_headers.mk:15: warning: ignoring old recipe for target '/UT/out/target/product/i9300/obj/include/libsecmm/SsbSipMfcApi.h'
build/core/copy_headers.mk:15: warning: overriding recipe for target '/UT/out/target/product/i9300/obj/include/libsecmm/mfc_errno.h'
build/core/copy_headers.mk:15: warning: ignoring old recipe for target '/UT/out/target/product/i9300/obj/include/libsecmm/mfc_errno.h'
build/core/copy_headers.mk:15: warning: overriding recipe for target '/UT/out/target/product/i9300/obj/include/libsecmm/mfc_interface.h'
build/core/copy_headers.mk:15: warning: ignoring old recipe for target '/UT/out/target/product/i9300/obj/include/libsecmm/mfc_interface.h'
build/core/copy_headers.mk:15: warning: overriding recipe for target '/UT/out/target/product/i9300/obj/include/libsecmm/SsbSipMfcApi.h'
build/core/copy_headers.mk:15: warning: ignoring old recipe for target '/UT/out/target/product/i9300/obj/include/libsecmm/SsbSipMfcApi.h'
build/core/base_rules.mk:134: *** hardware/samsung/ril/xmm6262/libril: MODULE.TARGET.SHARED_LIBRARIES.libril already defined by hardware/ril/libril.  Stop.
So I delete on of the "ril" folder :
Code:
rm -rf hardware/ril/
I chose this one because if the inside the samsung folder, I get more error

So now When i make otapackage :
Code:
cc1: some warnings being treated as errors
/UT/kernel/samsung/smdk4412/scripts/Makefile.build:305: recipe for target 'arch/arm/mm/init-cma.o' failed
make[3]: *** [arch/arm/mm/init-cma.o] Error 1
/UT/kernel/samsung/smdk4412/Makefile:956: recipe for target 'arch/arm/mm' failed
make[2]: *** [arch/arm/mm] Error 2
Makefile:130: recipe for target 'sub-make' failed
make[1]: *** [sub-make] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory '/UT/kernel/samsung/smdk4412'
build/core/tasks/kernel.mk:249: recipe for target 'TARGET_KERNEL_BINARIES' failed
make: *** [TARGET_KERNEL_BINARIES] Error 2
or When i make -j2
Code:
target thumb C: libminui <= bootable/recovery/minui/../../../device/samsung/smdk4412-common/recovery/graphics.c
bootable/recovery/minui/../../../device/samsung/smdk4412-common/recovery/graphics.c:208:5: error: conflicting types for 'gr_text'
In file included from bootable/recovery/minui/../../../device/samsung/smdk4412-common/recovery/graphics.c:39:0:
bootable/recovery/minui/minui.h:36:5: note: previous declaration of 'gr_text' was here
build/core/binary.mk:512: recipe for target '/UT/out/target/product/i9300/obj/STATIC_LIBRARIES/libminui_intermediates/../../../device/samsung/smdk4412-common/recovery/graphics.o' failed
make: *** [/UT/out/target/product/i9300/obj/STATIC_LIBRARIES/libminui_intermediates/../../../device/samsung/smdk4412-common/recovery/graphics.o] Error 1
make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
8th May 2015, 11:29 PM |#95  

More
Hi,
I have a few comments on the last bit, but be advised: I am an amateur.

or When i make -j2
Code:
target thumb C: libminui <= bootable/recovery/minui/../../../device/samsung/smdk4412-common/recovery/graphics.c
bootable/recovery/minui/../../../device/samsung/smdk4412-common/recovery/graphics.c:208:5: error: conflicting types for 'gr_text'
In file included from bootable/recovery/minui/../../../device/samsung/smdk4412-common/recovery/graphics.c:39:0:
bootable/recovery/minui/minui.h:36:5: note: previous declaration of 'gr_text' was here
build/core/binary.mk:512: recipe for target '/UT/out/target/product/i9300/obj/STATIC_LIBRARIES/libminui_intermediates/../../../device/samsung/smdk4412-common/recovery/graphics.o' failed
make: *** [/UT/out/target/product/i9300/obj/STATIC_LIBRARIES/libminui_intermediates/../../../device/samsung/smdk4412-common/recovery/graphics.o] Error 1
make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
[/QUOTE]

I would search for the declaration of gr_text by issuing the command:

grep 'gr_text' -r

Then I would study the files where it occurs and see if one of the files where gr_text is declared is actually superfluous and can be removed (by removing or renaming the makefile in its directory, so that it is not included in the build), or if the declaration at least can be commented out in this file. Then I would attempt to build once more.

As you can see, this is guesswork, so if someone else has more precise suggestions, then I would go with those instead.

Hope this helps. Good luck!
Last edited by aribk; 8th May 2015 at 11:50 PM.
9th May 2015, 09:06 PM |#96  
Flag Paris

More
Hi thx for your repply

Code:
device/samsung/smdk4412-common/recovery/graphics.c:int gr_text(int x, int y, const char *s)
bootable/recovery/minui/minui.h:int gr_text(int x, int y, const char *s, int bold);
bootable/recovery/minui/graphics.c:int gr_text(int x, int y, const char *s, int bold)
bootable/recovery/minui/graphics.c:void gr_texticon(int x, int y, gr_surface icon) {
bootable/recovery/ui.c:    gr_text(0, (row+1)*CHAR_HEIGHT-1, t, 0);
Binary file out/target/product/i9300/obj/EXECUTABLES/recovery_intermediates/ui.o matches
system/extras/tests/framebuffer/minui.h:int gr_text(int x, int y, const char *s);
system/core/charger/charger.c:    gr_text(x, y, str, 0);

all of them look like important ...
I'll make some test
The Following User Says Thank You to makakiel For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th June 2015, 01:06 PM |#97  

More
Wink HI i want to ask how i can download the upuntu rom and are there ane Issues
11th June 2015, 11:08 AM |#98  
Flag Třebíč

More
Can here someone make the flashable zip with all updates and next?? thanks
The Following User Says Thank You to potkan19 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th June 2015, 12:33 PM |#99  
Flag surat

More
working ubuntu link
Someone pls post the link of working ubuntu for s3. Is 15.04 available for s3?
18th June 2015, 02:12 PM |#100  
Flag Rouen
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Today there is no working (with any issue) ubuntu rom on the i9300, there are some test versions but with a lot of issue like GPS/Wifi/3GData not working or freezing.
Some people try to figure it out but it's not easy because we are not working as a team.
Stop asking for a fully working image and try to help us. When it will be ready you will know it

Peace :P
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Iito For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread