FORUMS

HTC Delivering Ads Straight to Sense Home

HTC’s 2015 has been a year marked by a desperate search for revenue.The HTC One M9 … more

Galaxy S6 & Edge get €100 Price Cut—New Models Incoming

Samsung has dropped the price of both the Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge by … more

How To Port Fully Featured Sony Xperia Z4 Camera

Xperia Z4’s hardware may not impress, but its software is definitely … more

Experimental TWRP Available For Moto G 2015

XDA Senior Member squid2 has posted experimental builds of TWRP for the Moto G … more

Kitkat 4.4 APN backup

174 posts
Thanks Meter: 146

By goku2778, Senior Member on 21st February 2014, 12:41 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
26th May 2014, 07:43 PM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 30

More
Does this just replace the APN file in system/etc?
I have been trying to get MMS to work on kk ROMs for what seems like weeks with no luck. Tried this but didn't have any luck but maybe, well im wishing, that i skipped a step and will work for me.
*** OK, I just tried the again and it was a no go. Turned around and installed 8sms and entered the APN and can send with the app. I'm confused as to why the app will work while the stock KK SMS won't. Anyone know?
Last edited by evertking; 26th May 2014 at 09:32 PM.

26th May 2014, 11:20 PM |#22  
Thanks Meter: 28

More
I just use this for this problem. It has always made my LTE work fine with out any issues even after a long period of use. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1794956 follow the steps, works better then refreshing the APN every time it fails.
9th September 2014, 12:57 AM |#23  
Flag SC
Thanks Meter: 31

More
I'm on a Verizon LG G2. I backed up and restore APNs but when I went into hangouts for example on an AOSP ROM I didn't see any APNs and had to manually add one for MMS to work at all. Any ideas?
21st September 2014, 03:47 PM |#24  
Thanks Meter: 171

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistah_mumford

I'm on a Verizon LG G2. I backed up and restore APNs but when I went into hangouts for example on an AOSP ROM I didn't see any APNs and had to manually add one for MMS to work at all. Any ideas?

Delete

Free storage from Copy:
https://copy.com?r=cScoov
27th April 2015, 05:10 AM |#25  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
:(
I'm on the Virgin Mobile s3 and right now I'm on the 2015-04-12 cm 11 nightly and I've done all of the steps in your tutorial but even after that i get no data whatsoever. I can call and text but can't get 2g 3g or 4g signal. Then when I go to my APNs there's nothing there. Any help will be greatly appreciated cuz I don't want to go back to touchwiz.
28th April 2015, 11:26 PM |#26  
Flag maracay
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by ziur

I'm on the Virgin Mobile s3 and right now I'm on the 2015-04-12 cm 11 nightly and I've done all of the steps in your tutorial but even after that i get no data whatsoever. I can call and text but can't get 2g 3g or 4g signal. Then when I go to my APNs there's nothing there. Any help will be greatly appreciated cuz I don't want to go back to touchwiz.

mmm, probably have to use the qpst or cdma workshop.... to programing the nam and the data parameters of virgin for 2g 3g 4g functionality. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUJgk7Eba_o here's a tutorial, so you will see the parameters that you have to change.
14th June 2015, 09:56 AM |#27  
Thanks Meter: 30

More
This worked out very well. Only 1 thing I had to do differently. Titanium backup would hang when trying to make apn backup a system app. So i skipped that and moved the APK then executed the APK when it was in the priv-data folder. When installed it ran as a system app . Now that i have done this I was able to get LTE to work on my Galaxy S3 (sprint) by doing a APN backup ( found 1 invalid apn) then a restore. I am guessing the apn backup app is smart enough to exclude invalid entries. Saved me a LOT of headaches compaired to what i have seen people do to get LTE back ( namely reverting to stock rom, doing a prl update then going back to new rom with a copy of the APN's) Now if we could find someone with a phone on stock firmware but is rooted to back up APN's and then share them
18th June 2015, 02:19 PM |#28  
Flag Dayton, OH
Thanks Meter: 398

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TdiGuy

This worked out very well. Only 1 thing I had to do differently. Titanium backup would hang when trying to make apn backup a system app. So i skipped that and moved the APK then executed the APK when it was in the priv-data folder. When installed it ran as a system app . Now that i have done this I was able to get LTE to work on my Galaxy S3 (sprint) by doing a APN backup ( found 1 invalid apn) then a restore. I am guessing the apn backup app is smart enough to exclude invalid entries. Saved me a LOT of headaches compaired to what i have seen people do to get LTE back ( namely reverting to stock rom, doing a prl update then going back to new rom with a copy of the APN's) Now if we could find someone with a phone on stock firmware but is rooted to back up APN's and then share them

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vnazslc5gt...conf2.xml?dl=0
The Following User Says Thank You to Saafir For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread