FORUMS

Sunday Debate: Which Factors Caused HTC’s Woes?

Join us in a fun Sunday Debate on HTC’s situation. Come with your … more

HTC’s New Ad Campaign And What It Really Means

HTC has just released three new blind test adverts comparing app loading … more

XDA Picks: Best Apps of the Week (June 27 – July 4)

Apps are at the front and center of any smartphone experience, and with over a … more

HTC One M9 Developer Edition Android 5.1 OTA

The Developer Edition of the HTC One M9 is receiving an over-the-air update to Android 5.1. … more

[Q] What is lost when you unlock bootloader? Are drm keys needed?

106 posts
Thanks Meter: 10

By pauliebb, Senior Member on 6th May 2014, 07:26 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
3rd November 2014, 02:17 PM |#91  
Thanks Meter: 27

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sh4d1t0

I lose "Video Unlimited" (maybe), someone happens the same or only me?

sorry for my bad english

Nope video unlimited should be fine, mine still works and my bootloaders been unlocked since april........ and whoever asked above, i cant say ive noticed any difference in nc, i still barely hear a double decker bus drive past when im cycling lol
The Following User Says Thank You to numskull For This Useful Post: [ View ]

7th November 2014, 01:55 AM |#92  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Question what about other camera apps ?
I unlocked relocked boot loader... now I am with "official" 4.4.4 kitkat via PC Companion (just to try it but tomorrow I will install again Carbon or another custom ROM) ...

The quality on my Z2 when I take pictures is not the same... not bad BUT NOT THE SAME , so X Reality is gone

What about other apps from the market ? Is there a camera app that can help with this "problem" , I mean to increase in a way the quality for pictures especially when I zoom ? Anyone who noticed a difference ? Please someone with screenshots
9th November 2014, 05:01 PM |#93  
Thanks Meter: 239

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by freekzak

I unlocked relocked boot loader... now I am with "official" 4.4.4 kitkat via PC Companion (just to try it but tomorrow I will install again Carbon or another custom ROM) ...

The quality on my Z2 when I take pictures is not the same... not bad BUT NOT THE SAME , so X Reality is gone

What about other apps from the market ? Is there a camera app that can help with this "problem" , I mean to increase in a way the quality for pictures especially when I zoom ? Anyone who noticed a difference ? Please someone with screenshots

For me it was the algorithms that had gone when unlocking my z1 and the Bravia engine still working... Your pictures will not be the same in my opinion when unlocking
24th April 2015, 11:15 AM |#94  
Flag Athens
Thanks Meter: 74

More
So,in a few words,unlocking your bootloader of an Xperia Z1 Compact will make you lose your DRM keys forever even if you restore TA Partition.
What will this lead us to no one seems to be able to answer exactly though. Lots of conflicting info on this thread. Im not sure what right or wrong.
It seems that the sure thing is that you wont be able to restore your phone to its original state if you re lock the bootloader..right?
18th June 2015, 10:07 PM |#95  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTrooper

You should have in packages com.sonymobile.drm.ui and com.sonyericsson.drmdialogs
If yes then unlocking BL don't wipe DRM keys and X-Reality and other stuff will work great.
Same situation is on Z1 while unlocking BL on 4.4.2 - DRM keys are intact.

Not sure if anything has changed since then, but my bootloader is locked and I don't have the following line: com.sonymobile.drm.ui
So what's the situation now? Sorry for reviving the post. :P
19th June 2015, 07:42 PM |#96  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
i bought a used z2
now bootloader is locked
how i know bootloader never unlocked
or was unlocked and then relocked
so i lost the extra features of the locked bootloader(camera etc)
or not ?
20th June 2015, 09:20 AM |#97  
Flag Mexicali
Thanks Meter: 661

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by foten21

i bought a used z2
now bootloader is locked
how i know bootloader never unlocked
or was unlocked and then relocked
so i lost the extra features of the locked bootloader(camera etc)
or not ?

Compare with another Sony phone with X-reality, it will NOT work without DRM Keys, or try to send an MMS with your location. If it says "service unavailable" or other message meaning the phone couldn't locate you; you have no DRM Keys.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
bootloader, unlock, xreality
Previous Thread Next Thread