FORUMS

Optimize Battery Life with This Useful App

Battery life is an important aspect of your smartphone, especially if you use it for more … more

The OnePlus 2 & The Year of Smartphone Compromises

We are very close to entering the last third of 2015, and we have now seen many of … more

OnePlus 2 Teardown, Major Android Vulnerability – XDA TV

The OnePlus 2 has been officially released. That and much more news is … more

What Do You Think About Fingerprint Scanners?

More and more phones are featuring fingerprint scanners, and with many promising … more

[Q] reset pin...plz help

85 posts
Thanks Meter: 6
 
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
hi, brought the used gear fit from gumtree, was using it for few hours, later when exploring i somehow got into pin lock screen and got struck, can someone help me to reset, done the reset by pressing and holding power button for 7 seconds still its asking me the pin, feeling like i'm lost

some on please help me , thx in advance
 
 
4th May 2014, 12:00 AM |#2  
aooga's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag California
Thanks Meter: 971
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vijay.alapati

hi, brought the used gear fit from gumtree, was using it for few hours, later when exploring i somehow got into pin lock screen and got struck, can someone help me to reset, done the reset by pressing and holding power button for 7 seconds still its asking me the pin, feeling like i'm lost

some on please help me , thx in advance

Hold power for 20 seconds. It will factory reset it.
9th September 2014, 01:18 AM |#3  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aooga

Hold power for 20 seconds. It will factory reset it.


Hi i also have this problem after letting someone borrow it they put a pin on it that they cant remember... holding the power button for 20 seconds deffinately DOES NOT work though. Ive even tried flashing new firmware via odin and had no luck. waiting on samsung to get back to me, but from previous responces i dont beleive that they will be any help :-/ any help here would be greatly appreciated
9th September 2014, 02:09 AM |#4  
aooga's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag California
Thanks Meter: 971
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by XSIVSPD

Hi i also have this problem after letting someone borrow it they put a pin on it that they cant remember... holding the power button for 20 seconds deffinately DOES NOT work though. Ive even tried flashing new firmware via odin and had no luck. waiting on samsung to get back to me, but from previous responces i dont beleive that they will be any help :-/ any help here would be greatly appreciated

They changed the combo to reset it in the newer versions. I don't know what it is though.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
9th September 2014, 05:32 AM |#5  
Member
Thanks Meter: 22
 
More
Can you try connecting it to a different device? This will reset it if you can do it.
20th June 2015, 05:43 PM |#6  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
i had the same problem, also messed with odin to try to get rid of the pincode .
i installed oldest software in my language and did the 20 sec reset.
it worked for me, now updating to last version
Last edited by bouke; 20th June 2015 at 05:44 PM. Reason: spell check
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
fit, gear, pin, reset
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes