[Q] Sony Ericsson Xperia ray - Blank/Black screen issue

Search This thread

MarkMRL

Jul 1, 2011
So, I personally taken my Ray to the repair center, and guess what, since they "couldn't fix it" (I think they had no repair parts for it), since the wait was going to be very long and Sony has a policy for a maximum of 3 weeks wait, they told me that I could have it replaced with an Arc S. And I obviously said yes, as going from Ray to Arc S is a massive upgrade in every way.

I guess Sony isn't too bad after all when it comes to customer service. I had my Xperia S fixed in just one hour for the yellow screen issue, and they gave me a car charger for free, now they are replacing my crappy old and busted Ray with an Arc S.

All they need to do now is release a JellyBean update for the XPS that isn't a bugged pile of **** and I'll be a very happy Sony Mobile customer.

dimitars84

Jun 29, 2009
any solution??

is there any solution for this?

I am starting to think that this is hardware problem. I've tried flashing every custom kernel and custom rom there is for xperia ray, android custom roms, stock roms, muiu, firefoxOS but problem persist.

Mine is starting normal when is unused for 10+ hours, and when I want to lock/unlock, the screen goes blank.

Is it motherboard, LCD screen, kernel....

in attach there are logcat and dmesg from successfull starts.

Attachments

• dmesg_stock_succ.txt
    54.2 KB · Views: 114
  • logcat_stock_succ.txt
    118.9 KB · Views: 57

marc00077

Sep 17, 2013
Blank screen after locking xperia ray

sorry for bumping, but i am curious, cuz i have the same problem with xperia ray. did they repair your phone, and what was the problem (hardware or software)?

is there any solution for this?

I am starting to think that this is hardware problem. I've tried flashing every custom kernel and custom rom there is for xperia ray, android custom roms, stock roms, muiu, firefoxOS but problem persist.

Mine is starting normal when is unused for 10+ hours, and when I want to lock/unlock, the screen goes blank.

Is it motherboard, LCD screen, kernel....

in attach there are logcat and dmesg from successfull starts.

The problem is this one explained here: talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-ray/FATAL-Ray-Problem-After-ICS-4-0-4-update/td-p/179784
And the solution is changing the motherboard, nor the screen or the kernel...

raven1234

Jan 26, 2015
Xperiam Ray Solution

The problem is this one explained here: talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-ray/FATAL-Ray-Problem-After-ICS-4-0-4-update/td-p/179784
And the solution is changing the motherboard, nor the screen or the kernel...

It's an overheating problem but I have find a quick & different solution: press very fast the power on button 8-10 times and the screen will come back visible. I have tested for different day on the xperia ray opf my brother and it's work all the time.

Bye

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi all,

I have an Xperia ray on GB 2.3.4 and have a major problem with the screen. Most of the times when booting up the phone, the screen is blank/black but the backlight seems to be working and I can still interact with the display i.e. slide unlocking the phone and can hear the sound as well.

From time to time, the phone works as normal but this issue is there as soon as I decide to shutdown/restart the phone.

Help will be appreciated.

Did you try reflashing stock ftf with flashtool?
    If no then try flashing that.

Press thnx if I helped. :)
    Sent from my ST18i
    Thanks for your quick reply. What is ftf? BTW, the phone isn't rooted. Guide to rooting Xperia ray will be appreciated.

ftf means extension of official firmware of sony (SE) brand go to this link you will get all stuffs there...............http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1568792
    Hit Thanks Button if i have helped you............................