FORUMS

Analysis & Opinion

[SOFTWARE GUIDE]**Odin Back To Stock**Root KitKat**Retail Verizon S5 Firmware Files

2,153 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,218

By Misterxtc, Recognized Contributor on 16th June 2014, 06:14 PM
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
18th June 2015, 04:17 PM |#561  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Thanks, Misterxtc. I'll try flashfire instead of safestrap. I did see a thread about that. My question is this: Since I've been using the phone a few days since rooting KK, will moving to Lollipop, delete the apps and data? I'm wondering if I need to titanium backup my apps first. Ion second thought, I'll backup things just to be on the safe side.

18th June 2015, 04:25 PM |#562  
Flag Lampasas
Thanks Meter: 40

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by beavermjr

Thanks, Misterxtc. I'll try flashfire instead of safestrap. I did see a thread about that. My question is this: Since I've been using the phone a few days since rooting KK, will moving to Lollipop, delete the apps and data? I'm wondering if I need to titanium backup my apps first. Ion second thought, I'll backup things just to be on the safe side.

TiBu doesn't work on SG5 with LP, for me anyway. You can use FF to back up and restore apps, but when moving from KK to LP it might be better to allow the Play Store to reinstall apps.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
18th June 2015, 08:36 PM |#563  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
UI have not rebooted until today and am wondering if what I'm seeing is normal:

The splash screen that says Samsung Galaxy s5 powered by android, has a broken lock and the word custom under it.

After that screen disappears, I get a screen that informs me that safestrap has been disabled and that the system will boot in 10 seconds. I can either boot to recovery or continue. If I press the recovery button, I am taken to safestrap, else the phone boots as expected.

The phone has rooted 4.4.2 kitkat and functions normally. Is this to be expected or did I do something wrong when rooting?

The reason I'm asking is that I managed to get through installing rooted lp rom which failed, leaving phone with rooted kk.

A quick search told me that the custom message appears when APT is enabled instead of Delvic. I checked my developer settings and I'm on Delvic. what gives?

Edit: I uninstalled safestrap and the screen telling me that it has been disabled went away.
Last edited by beavermjr; 18th June 2015 at 09:56 PM.
20th June 2015, 02:55 AM |#564  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
why are the download links so complicated? instructions says Download Odin and Verizon S5 Retail Tar
Out of the 10 links there is no download link labeled " Verizon S5 Retail Tar"
20th June 2015, 03:10 AM |#565  
Flag Phoenix
Thanks Meter: 2,881

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by droodski

why are the download links so complicated? instructions says Download Odin and Verizon S5 Retail Tar

every file is clearly named...

you need to choose which firmware you want if you want to flash full stock...

he also broke down kernel only, modem only etc. some of the modems work with other firmware versions some do not.. plus with ss only working on kk* kernels, sometimes ppl need just the kernels..

i say hes done an awesome job with the repository.. i used it every day i had my vzw s5

Sent from my SM-G925V using XDA Free mobile app

---------- Post added at 07:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:08 PM ----------

Quote:

fyi to answer your question:

1) choose the s5 retail tar you want be it ne9 or w.e.

2) if you have a regular s5 do not download a file that says dev ed

Sent from my SM-G925V using XDA Free mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to elliwigy For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd June 2015, 05:21 AM |#566  
OP Recognized Contributor

More
Quote:

The Following User Says Thank You to Misterxtc For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd June 2015, 03:08 PM |#567  
OP Recognized Contributor

More
I will not be updating this thread any further and will be closing the thread for discussion. Between the directions in the OP and questions in the thread there are more than enough answers and instructions. So to cut down on further clutter and complaints the thread is now closed. The files will remain so there is no need to repost them.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Misterxtc For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)