FORUMS

[Q] Neutab N7 tablet bootloader/fastboot?

1 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By knismaps, Junior Member on 27th April 2014, 02:16 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
I have a fairly generic Chinese tablet, a Neutab N7 (not a Nexus 7), but I have no idea how to enter the bootloader/fastboot mode.

Using adb, "adb reboot bootloader" or "adb reboot-bootloader" just makes it reboot normally.

From a shell, doing "su reboot bootloader" also reboots normally.

I tried Quick Boot from Google Play which has an option to reboot into the bootloader, but it also just ends up rebooting normally.

While powered off, I tried holding power and volume up, power and volume down, and power and both volume up and down, but they all just boot normally.

Doing "adb reboot recovery" does boot me into recovery mode, but the menu doesn't have a bootloader/fastboot option.

Does anyone have any idea how to enter the bootloader/fastboot mode for this tablet? Any help would be appreciated.

8th July 2014, 12:26 AM |#2  
Flag Los Osos
Thanks Meter: 1,069

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by knismaps

I have a fairly generic Chinese tablet, a Neutab N7 (not a Nexus 7), but I have no idea how to enter the bootloader/fastboot mode.

Using adb, "adb reboot bootloader" or "adb reboot-bootloader" just makes it reboot normally.

I tried Quick Boot from Google Play which has an option to reboot into the bootloader, but it also just ends up rebooting normally.

While powered off, I tried holding power and volume up, power and volume down, and power and both volume up and down, but they all just boot normally.

Doing "adb reboot recovery" does boot me into recovery mode, but the menu doesn't have a bootloader/fastboot option.

Does anyone have any idea how to enter the bootloader/fastboot mode for this tablet? Any help would be appreciated.

why do you want to enter the bootloader? and have they made any roms or cwm recovery for these types of generic android tablets?
23rd June 2015, 01:52 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Smile [RESOLVED] finally, ROOT for Neutab N7 pro tablet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by knismaps

Having been looking for this information myself i'm sharing real quick here what i've found. Scouring the net all over i've found NOTHING specific for these Chinese tablets but after finally getting on the scent of VROOT I downloaded and tried iROOT essentially a one-click rooter the .APK **DID NOT WORK** but the PC version **DID** can be found by googling iroot or vroot.

RE: bootloader, i've still found no way or any good info on entering the bootloader AFAIK this is locked and may not be possible without some good hard hacking on the firmware, I DO KNOW that if you try entering the "bootloader" with a reboot manager on the device u will find yourself at the "NeuTab" welcome screen and stuck. Fortunately at least in my experience, letting the tablet battery run down low you can boot back into it and root condition is still good.

Hope this helps somewhat I know its an old post but a lot of people have been looking for this info have yet to post on authors site confirming that the NeuTab also works with his software.

peace.
VE3UND

BTW I forgot to mention the site and the software (ALTHOUGH IT STATES OTHERWISE) is in Chinese. A leap of faith needed there I know but i confirm this method works. l8z
BTW^2 ALSO the android version was KitKat as received from the mfg, also have been told that Jellybean will install on the tablet after rooting and maybe is now included with device but don't quote me on that.
all in all a really nice tab for the price, especially now we have root biggest missing option: GPS but you can tether to another device with gps if you need to. Also no built in USB HOST MODE. //out
Last edited by VE3UND; 23rd June 2015 at 03:41 AM. Reason: android version...
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread