FORUMS

New Snapdragons: Some Context & Contrast

It hasn’t been a good year for Qualcomm so far. Every device featuring the Snapdragon 810 … more

Google To Launch Next Gen Android One On July 14

The first gen of Android One devices to be launched in India in September 2014 were … more

Droid Turbo Lollipop OTA, 2015 Moto G Leaked – XDA TV

Android Lollipop for the Droid Turbo has been released. That and much more … more

EVLeaks Shows Off Possible BlackBerry Android Phone

It wasn’t too long ago that we received reports of BlackBerry planning to use … more

[APP][4.2+][ROOT] SecondScreen - better screen mirroring for rooted devices

425 posts
Thanks Meter: 283

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
11th April 2015, 05:31 PM |#211  
Thanks Meter: 24

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by farmerbb

That's interesting that you've reported this. I've seen that behavior while testing SecondScreen and Tasker in a Genymotion VM instance of KitKat. However, both of my Lollipop devices (Nexus 4 and 9) don't have this bug and the Tasker functionality works just fine. I just assumed it was a bug with the Genymotion system image or something - but clearly, it's not. I'll have to do some testing with some older SS versions and see if I can track down what's causing this. I did do some major reorganization and cleanup of the code with the latest version (2.4) that would have also affected the Tasker plugins.

EDIT: I just identified what was causing this issue and am pushing an update now

That did the trick. Thanks!

19th April 2015, 06:31 PM |#212  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Do you have any older versions available for download, by chance? I updated to the latest on Google Play, and I'm having some difficulty with the app.

I have a Nexus 9 and it doesn't seem to want to allow landscape mode once Second Screen's profile is enabled. It's forcing portrait mode no matter which option in Profiles I choose. It seems to change the system setting to lock in portrait, but even after the profile's been enabled, if I change it to landscape myself, it doesn't display properly and is pretty much is only functional in portrait orientation.
23rd April 2015, 05:37 AM |#213  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hi,

I've got a Galaxy Note 4 with Lollipop on it and when using second screen the brightness doesn't turn all the way to zero.

I noticed that you mention this in your description. This seems to be the way that the default brightness setting in android works as if you lower that all the way down it is still fairly bright. Thing is in Lux for example it has Sub Zero brightness on it's slider, but when applying that while connected over MHL, once you get below zero the brightness on the secondary screen also starts to decrease (above 0 it doesn't have any effect on the secondary screen you are connected to).

Thing is that even at say -50 brightness while the phone goes pretty dark, the image is still more than visible on the secondary screen as it's not a 1:1 ratio of brightness it seems. Would it be possible to have some sub zero settings on SecondScreen as having the phone on -50 is a lot better than on 0 for example and while not fully black at least provides something darker while still being visible on the secondary screen?

Thanks.
6th May 2015, 06:49 PM |#214  

More
Hi,

I'm trying to use Second Screen with my Note 3 and AppRadio. All features are working except the backlight off function.

I'm running Cyanogenmod 11 on Android 4.4.4. Is there any way for me to get the backlight off option to work?
9th May 2015, 10:02 PM |#215  

More
Hello,
I tried this application Samsung Galaxy S4 Active GT-I9295, a rooted stock lollipop rom (5.0.1 I9295XXUDOB4).

When I started the application, Samsung Touchwiz crashed many times (as expected...), I played a bit with settings and my TV,
in particular with overscan settings. However, when I decided to stop testing,I noticed that my phone display layout isn't fine.

Let me explain better: I tested overscan values in order to better fit my TV.
Once I decided to stop everything and disconnect, my phone display layout shows more free space than before on any side of it (yes, weird!)
I kept Secondscreen in safe mode, I tried to put once again overscan settings to 0, rebooted the phone, but nothing.

How can I put everything back as real default without resetting it? Is it possible?
I suppose I need some original Galaxy S4 phone layout file to put somewhere inside the ROM, but I don't know where

Best regards
Last edited by WillyTP; 10th May 2015 at 10:20 AM.
16th May 2015, 12:15 AM |#216  
Thanks Meter: 28

More
On Lollipop 5.1.1 (CM12.1) the density was not set and the softkeys not shown.
25th May 2015, 10:12 PM |#217  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
seems to work on coreprime with kingroot but i got into setings and seems i break a few things.
was looking at word processing and the like on android but struggling to find a good ui to cast
will keep playing till i find something i like

cheers
thank you for the hard work
23rd June 2015, 02:26 PM |#218  

More
Some issues
Hi,

I am testing this app on my Nexus 5 with stock android 5.1.1. It's connected with USB to an external keyboard, mouse and DisplayLink monitor. It works great, but there are some issues.

Below 400 DPI my textcursor is gone in all apps, below 320 DPI the navigation bar is gone. Can't get them back with these settings. Mouse pointer is also very big, can't find a way to resize it.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
chromecast, display, hdmi, mhl, slimport
Previous Thread Next Thread