That's interesting that you've reported this. I've seen that behavior while testing SecondScreen and Tasker in a Genymotion VM instance of KitKat. However, both of my Lollipop devices (Nexus 4 and 9) don't have this bug and the Tasker functionality works just fine. I just assumed it was a bug with the Genymotion system image or something - but clearly, it's not. I'll have to do some testing with some older SS versions and see if I can track down what's causing this. I did do some major reorganization and cleanup of the code with the latest version (2.4) that would have also affected the Tasker plugins.
EDIT: I just identified what was causing this issue and am pushing an update now