FORUMS

Top Forum Discussions

[ROM]InsertCoin 6.0.8 | L | All Variants | TweaksApp | Launcher & Battery Icon Packs

11,300 posts
Thanks Meter: 30,908

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
3rd April 2015, 05:23 PM |#341  
Flag Marietta, OH
Thanks Meter: 394

Donate to Me
More
Went back a few.. probably missed it.. what about installing the H/K mod? I looked in the market and can't find it.. found a sound boost if you're using H/K ... just flash the mod and all is well? I assume there is a particular one to use here as before?

5th April 2015, 03:31 PM |#342  
Thanks Meter: 39

More
Spell check isssues
I reported this in the main thread and didn't get a response so I believe this may be a verizon specific issue since most of the current builds are based on the international version. Any insights would be appreciated.

I am running the latest build (7.1.2) and I have found that the built in spell check (red underline on misspelled works) does not work across all apps. It does not work on the sense 7 keyboard or on any other keyboard I have installed (google, swiftkey). It seems to work on gmail and tapatalk but does not work on Google Inbox or EvolutionSMS.

I also rolled back to 6.0.8 (the last Sense 6 version that supported Verizon) and the behavior is the same. I also tried a few other Sense 7 roms (skydragon / adrenaline) and they didn't work either so I think it is a framework issue. When I looked for a rooted stock version of the Verizon 5.01 release (so I could verify that this is due to the international version), I couldn't find one (probably because root has not been achieved on the Verizon release as far as I can see).

I have restored my user apps and data (not system apps) using Titanium Backup and I have also deleted the problem apps and reinstalled from the Play Store and the problem persists.

So I'm looking for a few things if possible.
  • Confirmation that this is a problem for others.
  • Identification of the files that are used for this spell checking so I can try swapping the ones from the verizon build to see if the problem can be fixed.
  • Any other bread crumbs to follow or suggestions.

Thanks!
Last edited by alershka; 5th April 2015 at 03:34 PM.
6th April 2015, 12:31 AM |#343  
Thanks Meter: 61

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by alershka

I reported this in the main thread and didn't get a response so I believe this may be a verizon specific issue since most of the current builds are based on the international version. Any insights would be appreciated.

I am running the latest build (7.1.2) and I have found that the built in spell check (red underline on misspelled works) does not work across all apps. It does not work on the sense 7 keyboard or on any other keyboard I have installed (google, swiftkey). It seems to work on gmail and tapatalk but does not work on Google Inbox or EvolutionSMS.

I also rolled back to 6.0.8 (the last Sense 6 version that supported Verizon) and the behavior is the same. I also tried a few other Sense 7 roms (skydragon / adrenaline) and they didn't work either so I think it is a framework issue. When I looked for a rooted stock version of the Verizon 5.01 release (so I could verify that this is due to the international version), I couldn't find one (probably because root has not been achieved on the Verizon release as far as I can see).

I have restored my user apps and data (not system apps) using Titanium Backup and I have also deleted the problem apps and reinstalled from the Play Store and the problem persists.

So I'm looking for a few things if possible.

• Confirmation that this is a problem for others.
  • Identification of the files that are used for this spell checking so I can try swapping the ones from the verizon build to see if the problem can be fixed.
  • Any other bread crumbs to follow or suggestions.

Thanks!

Confirmation that spell check didn't work. In Verizon Text Message but Gmail registered it.
6th April 2015, 01:28 AM |#344  
Thanks Meter: 39

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turd Furguson

Confirmation that spell check didn't work. In Verizon Text Message but Gmail registered it.

Thanks for confirming. I installed fluent which was based on the vzw ota and spell check didn't work so it is a problem even with stock. I guess I will have to see what happens when Verizon releases their next update.

Thanks for checking.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk
23rd June 2015, 05:37 PM |#345  
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 15

More
I wonder if anyone can get that wallpaper from the OP (That tulip Sunrise/sunset wallpaper)
I'd really be thankful!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread