FORUMS

Which OEM Would You Like to Help?

Most manufacturers have moments of greatness and moments of decadence, and in the past few years … more

Root T-Mobile S6/Edge on 5.1.1 Without Tripping Knox

If you purchase phones from a carrier, you may be no stranger to the difficulties … more

IonVR Coming Soon, HTC M9 Dev Edition Gets Android 5.1 – XDA TV

The HTC M9 Developer Edition has received Android 5.1. That and … more

Android 5.1.1 Omni ROM For Motorola Xoom

Back in Feb 2011, the Motorola Xoom became the first device to be sold with Android 3.0 … more

[MOD][XPOSED] Fire TV Mods by rbox

911 posts
Thanks Meter: 952

By rbox, Senior Member on 18th June 2014, 06:45 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
29th May 2015, 07:08 PM |#251  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fgarcor

I have the same problem. Fresh installed 51.1.5.3 and although the HDXPosed-1.3.apk is installed, it doesn't show in the Applications of the Fire TV menu. So I cannot install it.

It will never do, go to settings- manage application and it should be three.

29th May 2015, 11:07 PM |#252  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bula1ca

It will never do, go to settings- manage application and it should be three.

Yes, that is where I mean. In previous versions of the fire TV, I could sideload it and it would show up there. For example in the 51.1.3. However in the 51.1.5 other side loaded applications like kodi are there but not this one. Strange... No idea what to do. The only thing that comes to my mind I'd to find the activity inside the package and launch it via command line. Any other suggestion?
29th May 2015, 11:59 PM |#253  
Thanks Meter: 84

More
Quote:

Yes, that is where I mean. In previous versions of the fire TV, I could sideload it and it would show up there. For example in the 51.1.3. However in the 51.1.5 other side loaded applications like kodi are there but not this one. Strange... No idea what to do. The only thing that comes to my mind I'd to find the activity inside the package and launch it via command line. Any other suggestion?

This might be irrelevant but why would you need to access this app? Ive always used it but couldn't even tell you if it shows up under manage applications. Are there extra modifications you can make?
30th May 2015, 10:18 AM |#254  

More
Just to launch it. Aren't the modules managed from inside? I need to select rbox module. Or how do you select an Exposed module? Maybe something has changed in the latest versions.
30th May 2015, 12:57 PM |#255  
Thanks Meter: 45

More
Quote:

Just to launch it. Aren't the modules managed from inside? I need to select rbox module. Or how do you select an Exposed module? Maybe something has changed in the latest versions.

If you have not tried the agk fire app from the Amazon store you should give that a try, you can side load apps, you can uninstall apps and you can see all the apps on your fire TV or stick with it. I use it all the time and it is the easiest way to side load apps that I've used. You don't even have to download apps of you have them on your phone or tablet you can push them right to your device and they install at the same time, or if you have the app on your sd card you can push it as a file and then use your file explorer to locate it and install it.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk 2
30th May 2015, 01:10 PM |#256  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by moeduss

If you have not tried the agk fire app from the Amazon store you should give that a try, you can side load apps, you can uninstall apps and you can see all the apps on your fire TV or stick with it. I use it all the time and it is the easiest way to side load apps that I've used. You don't even have to download apps of you have them on your phone or tablet you can push them right to your device and they install at the same time, or if you have the app on your sd card you can push it as a file and then use your file explorer to locate it and install it.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk 2

I will try that, thanks!
23rd June 2015, 11:05 PM |#257  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Root required?
i think the answer is 'yes' but i want to be sure. i only want to use the alternative launcher.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
xposed
Previous Thread Next Thread