Custom Android app for Casio BLE watches

Search This thread

Fabris30

Jun 16, 2014
My local Casio Support Center said that there is no firmware update for my GB-5600B watch (according to some Casio service site).
Does anybody knows something about GB-5600B bluetooth module fix/upgrade and how I can connect it to my Note 3 with Lollipop 5.0?
Thanks

Hello
my GB-5600B is back from assistance casio few days ago :D. With the app g-Shoch + and my Note4 (lollipop) it works well, except for some disconnection while.
With app BlueWatcher I had some problems with or connection, and with the failure to notify some app.

However I am happy that my watch functions again after changing phone ...

terencelhk77

May 12, 2015
module update

Casio. Singapore also told me the same thing that they are not aware of having to update the watches, they told me I need to update my phone instead, so I showed them the notification stated on the Casio Bluetooth site, in this end they agree to take in my all my bt watches and contact Casio Japan to confirm on the upgrade of the watches. Few days later they called me and told me they will update the watches, including the Kevin Lyons which is Japan exclusive model. So i suggest you contact your local Casio again add they might be ill informed.

capnet

Mar 5, 2009
Forgive me I need help I bought bluewatcher from play store but I can not make it work with my galaxy s3 rom stock and 4.3 g - shock gb 6900B Please help me :D

terencelhk77

May 12, 2015
Capnet, does your watch work with the official G-shock+ app in your S3? I strongly recommend you send your watch for the module update, I've tested my updated 5600b to work with S6 on android 5, and S6 is not officially endorsed by Casio to work with their BT G. I would think an updated module should work with most android 4 samsung phone with Gshock+,if not bluewatcher.

capnet

Mar 5, 2009
The problem is another application g - shock works well bluewatcher the problem is that the first connection is working but after restarting the phone connects but can not accommodate all options only control

The problem is another application g - shock works well bluewatcher the problem is that the first connection is working but after restarting the phone connects but can not accommodate all options only control

I've the same problem.
The manual pairing doesn't work since android update, so i deleted all the pairinginformations and used the g-shock+ app to pair and closed g-shock+, after it everything worked well also connect reconnect and phonecontrol.
I don't know why, but now only the gshock+ app works and bluewatcher can't connect. I deleted the pairinginformations and I'm not able to complete the pair with the watch in the Bluetoothsettings, in the settings the watch is showen as paired but on the watch i only see the connection procedure and it changes from the showen pairingslot to showen time but then the watch disconnect.
Now if i try to connect through bluewatcher it fails.
i see on the watch the connection procedure and the pairing slot (in the past where the pairing worked i always saw the time)

I'm realy confused.

Sent from my Xperia Z1 Compact (Lolipop 5.0.2 Stock rom) paired with GB-X6900B using XDA Free mobile app

terencelhk77

May 12, 2015
I guess bluewatcher is not ready for 5.0 yet as masterjc has mentioned he is busy. Well as long as gshock + works with your android 5.0 then just use it first until bluewatcher is updated. I haven't update my S4 to 5.0 because of this.

DmytroUA

May 29, 2015
Galaxy Note II, Android 4.3

Hi there. I'm happy new owner of STB-1000. I decided to buy it after I found this app you have created and have already bought it. Really hope it will work for me and you will continue to develop your product. But for the moment I have problem pairing my STB with my phone. It is Galaxy Note 2 (GT-N7100) with Android 4.3 on board. When I turn on BT on both devices I can't find watches on smartphone, while I can find other phones with BT on. I have deleted all pairs in watch (after 6 times pressing "mode" button there only "STB-1000" is written). On he smartphone there are no pairs too. So what could be the reason that devices can't see each other? Could you provide me with useful links or give any suggestions on how to solve my problem. Thanks in advance.

capnet

Mar 5, 2009
Hi there. I'm happy new owner of STB-1000. I decided to buy it after I found this app you have created and have already bought it. Really hope it will work for me and you will continue to develop your product. But for the moment I have problem pairing my STB with my phone. It is Galaxy Note 2 (GT-N7100) with Android 4.3 on board. When I turn on BT on both devices I can't find watches on smartphone, while I can find other phones with BT on. I have deleted all pairs in watch (after 6 times pressing "mode" button there only "STB-1000" is written). On he smartphone there are no pairs too. So what could be the reason that devices can't see each other? Could you provide me with useful links or give any suggestions on how to solve my problem. Thanks in advance.
Have you tried to pair phone and Clock application gshock +

DmytroUA

May 29, 2015
Have you tried to pair phone and Clock application gshock +
I installed GShock+ before BlueWatcher (was trying to figure out is my smartphone supported). But after discovering this thread I deleted it and Installed BlueWacher. Does the order of installation maters? Have just installed GShock+ again and tryed to pair phone and Clock: same result - they don't sea each other :(

capnet

Mar 5, 2009

didifart

Jun 23, 2015
STB 1000

Hi,
Facing the same issues while losing connection between watch (STB1000) and phone (Galaxy N7100, 4.4.2). Sometimes it works immediatly sometimes , it takes 1 hour to get both connected (trying everything possible)
It is not a Bt issue as BLuetooth LE can connect and reconnect to it. It seems that the Bluwatcher app is not able to found the watch when it is disconnected / reconnected.

mathew7

Aug 6, 2011
Timis
Hi,
Facing the same issues while losing connection between watch (STB1000) and phone (Galaxy N7100, 4.4.2). Sometimes it works immediatly sometimes , it takes 1 hour to get both connected (trying everything possible)
It is not a Bt issue as Bluetooth LE can connect and reconnect to it. It seems that the Bluwatcher app is not able to found the watch when it is disconnected / reconnected.

I used it with a Xperia Z1 Compact and Nexus 4 and my best method of having successful reconnections was: after the initial non-BW pairing (at least the watch has to be paired when starting this), I would:
1. start BW with watch BT off
2. turn phone BT off then on while BW is running
3.start watch BT.
4. manually search and select the watch in BW (as I recall, BW will find the watch eventually, but it takes so long that the watch times-out before completing the connection)
This handshake would connect without phone controls, but the reconnection works. My conclusion is the handshake for phone controls has some issues.

If you start BW with phone BT off, it will ask to start it for you, and that seemed to not work.

didifart

Jun 23, 2015
STB 1000

Hi,
Thanks for the iinfo.
I found out a similar way and now I can easily reconnect the watch. (also I 'm trying to keep my phone in range..)
But this is a bit too complicated. Maybe developpers can found out what's going on and solve this issue in a future version
Regards

capnet

Mar 5, 2009
Hi,
Thanks for the iinfo.
I found out a similar way and now I can easily reconnect the watch. (also I 'm trying to keep my phone in range..)
But this is a bit too complicated. Maybe developpers can found out what's going on and solve this issue in a future version
Regards

can you explain your method I would be grateful

Inviato dal mio GT-I9300 utilizzando Tapatalk

didifart

Jun 23, 2015
STB 1000

can you explain your method I would be grateful

Inviato dal mio GT-I9300 utilizzando Tapatalk

If my watch disconnect and don't automaticaly reconnect with watch Bt going off :
- Exit BW. Do not turn off phone Bt.
- Wait 1 min
- Start Watch Bt and immediatly start BW. Let them do their job on their own. It should reconnect.

If that fail , exit BW.
Start Bluetooth LE Scanner (find it on google play )
Start Watch Bt and connect Bt LE scanner (it should work in a second. the watch only shows the Bt symbol)
Disconnect Bt LE sanner (this turns off watch Bt)
Turn on watch Bt and start BW. They should connect.

Hope this helps
P.S. : I think there's no exact reconnection procedure, it's just a matter of luck sometimes ;)

taka_mass

Jan 11, 2007
1. start BW with watch BT off
2. turn phone BT off then on while BW is running
3.start watch BT.
4. manually search and select the watch in BW (as I recall, BW will find the watch eventually, but it takes so long that the watch times-out before completing the connection)

Thanks Mathew7, this trick did it for me with STB-1000 and Xperia Z Ultra 4.4.4!! Phone and Watch has been paired for 5 hours without disconnection today :good:

hebertchan

Jun 30, 2015
Help me get into a final decision.

FYI Nexus 6 running 5.1 with GBX6900b, so far so good!

I have to say that this is exactly what I was looking for. My only knock on the watch was the notification delay and not even the selection.

I can help with graphics/icons/screenshots and mockups if you ever want the help.

Is there any way to change the duration of the watch notification? All I need is a beep and a shake :)

I'm 10 minutes in but it is awesome!

I was considering buying a GBX6900b, but I had so many second thoughts regarding the bluetooth connectivity and the compatibility with my smartphone. However, I saw your post and It kinda gave me hopes. I own a Moto X 2014 running Android 5.1 and basically it is almost the identical as your Nexus 6 in regards of bluetooth features and firmware. Based on your experience, do you recommend me get the G-Shock GBX6900b?

didifart

Jun 23, 2015
disconnection thoughts

Hi,
Getting less issues with my STB 1000 and Glxy Note2.
But I found out some info that may be usefull :

Do not try to reconnect if you have other Bt enabled devices in range
Same if you have a bad phone reception (your phone will power up it's gsm) or your phone doing data transmission
My watch gets randomly disconnected when I take the metro (tube) or in computer / tv shops.

hope this helps.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi all,

You are here if you have a CASIO SmartWatch (Bluetooth enabled) and the vendor application do not offers you full functionality for Android devices. Or maybe your Android device is not supported!

BlueWatcher turns your CASIO BLE watch in a really "SmartWatch"!

The application is called "BlueWatcher"

Visit our main web page and discover what does BlueWatcher do for you!

http://www.bluewatcher.es

Thank you in advance!

Tested watches
    - Casio GBA-400
    - Casio GB-6900
    - Casio GB-X6900
    - Casio GB-5600
    - Casio STB-1000

Last Release

BlueWatcher 1.1.2 has been released!!

Main functionality is: Whatsapp, incoming call and generic application notifications. Date and time synchronization. Multiple and configurable phone control modes. Phone finder service. Reconnection and autoconnection. Visit our web and discover more.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bluewatcher
    Hello!

I finished BlueWatcher 0.3! I'm doing some testing in order to guarantee correct behaviour.

I will publish it today or tomorrow. I will explain how it works.

I solved incoming call crash too.

See you!

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Free mobile app
    And what about "Smart Watcher"... and without keeping any part of the old name... "Blue Manager", "Smart Manager" or "Connect Manager"...

For the next version I'll be happy if you implement a way to save the settings ;)

Great work!! Thanks, mil gracias ;)

I do not use SmartWatcher because Sony has named it's wearable "Sony SmartWatch" :eek:

But "Watcher" liked me because this app is for "Watches" and it's "watching" so it's a "Watcher" :cowboy:

I like "BlueWatcher" because "Blue" is a color and it's easy to remember. End Users need minimalistic names... not protocol names. :cool:

I'm migrating all the project to BlueWatcher. No more "Casio" and "G-Shock"!!! I only advise that BlueWatcher is tested with GB and STB (Bluetooth 4.0) Casio watches... but the app will not be restricted to Casio models.

I'm working hard to configure generic app notifications (ugly GUI, horrible GUI... but pretty functions).

I'm finishing implementing BlueWatcher Notification entry in the notification status bar too (indicating if it's connected and having a shortcut to go to BW)
    Casio Watcher 0.2 instructions

Please, uninstall Casio Watcher 0.1 before installing 0.2.

Follow steps 1 to 9 of the Casio Watcher 0.1 instructions. http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=52279872&postcount=14

Here comes the big difference. You only have to click on your detected watch and wait until it connects. You do not have to go back and forward trying to reconnect the watch, CW does it for you.

When it's paired and both connection and services are available, you can click "TEST" button to test if they are paired correctly. You will receive a call notification in your watch saying the caller is "Casio Watcher".

Incoming call notifications and Whatsapp notifications are available!!

Let me explain the configuration options:

* Incoming call notification
    • Configure if you want to resolve phone number with a contact
    * Whatsapp notification

• Incoming messages will be notifies as mail alerts.
      Contact Messages will be formatted: "W:Contact Name"
      Group Messages will be formatted: "WG:Contact Name"
    • You can disable/enable group notifications.
    • You can select one algorithm for notifications:
      • Delay new mesages: When you receive a message from a contact, you will not receive new notifications from this contact after X minutes. For groups, you will not receive a notifications for the group (any contact).
      • Notify after read: When you receive a message from a contact, you will not receive new notifications till you read the first notified message. If you receive 5 messages from X contact you will be notified only once. When you read those 5 messages from your mobile, you will be ready to receive new notifications for this contact. This algorithm will be a little different for group messages. I will manage group messages as a contact message. I will not distinguish between single contact message and group message. You will not receive any message to the group until you read the first notified.
      • Notify all messages: Easy, you will receive a notification in your watch every time a message arrives to whatsapp. (BE CAREFUL WITH BATTERY DRAIN)
    • Actually, I'm not able to get sender ID from the notification. The only way to do this is parsing the incoming notification message "Message from XXX". For this purpose, please, fill in the "Notification filter" text field with the header of your notifications (internacionalization here is difficult but can be implemented too). With this text field CW will be able to notify you who sent you the message and group ID!!!
    Every time you change a param, if you click the "Apply" button, the configuration will be applied in less than a second!!

Reconnection has been improved too. You will see a message in the screen every time they loss connection. Reconnection is made in aproximately 10 seconds (the time CW is notified about broken connection and retry executes).

IMPORTANT: In the ABOUT screen you can see the application disclaimer.

IMPORTANT 2: Saving configuration is not implemented yet. Every time you start CW you will have to reconfigure it. SORRY for the inconvenience.

I'm going to send you CW 0.2 links.

Remember to create new problems/bugs in the project issue tracking tool. Any question about the functionality, please, publish it here in XDA forum!

Good Luck!!! And remember... it's not a professional and final application, it can crash, it can lack...
    BlueWatcher 0.3 instructions

BlueWatcher 0.3 is here!

As I posted before, CasioWatcher changed its name to BlueWatcher. This application can run with any Bluetooth 4.0 BLE watch that implements Alert Service. Watches tested and running are:

- Casio GB-X6900
    - Casio GB-6900
    - Casio GB-5600
    - Casio STB-1000

You can download BlueWatcher here:

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B8H4RiQ3CA75eEU1dzB0Tk1TVWc/edit?usp=docslist_api

@FUNKENG... I will publish it to Google Play Store when more functionality is available (I need to check licensing and publishing requirements).

If you didn't requested authorization before, you will need to request authorization in order to download the file. Now, you do not need to request the link in this XDA post. I think there are so many watches and phones tested. The first step of testing was to assure the application could run in many phones and run against all the watch models. Acomplished! Now, you only have to post your phone and watch models when you have any problem running BlueWatcher.

Let me begin with the first point you will complaint ;). Actually, you can't save BlueWatcher settings. I'm sorry but I prefered to release fully functionality. It's so easy to configure and I implemented an easy way to find an application to add to generic application notification.

There are 2 big differences from CasioWatcher 0.2:

1. New screen ordering and fixed notification to quickly access BlueWatcher.
    2. Generic application notification

If I have to enumerate BlueWatcher 0.3 functions, those are:

- Bluetooth 4.0 BLE Watches compatible with Alert Service.
    - Automatic reconnection when connection is broken.
    - Fixed status bar notification to inform connection status and offer a quick access to app.
    - Incoming call notifications with contact name resolving.
    - WhatsApp notifications (3 different notification algorithms)
    - Generic application notification
    -- Find button to quickly search your desired application
    -- Full customization of the notification message

Instructions

Now the configuration and status screen is the main window. Here you can find "WATCH" button to select the watch you want to connect. The connection screen is the same as the last version. Scan and connect.

When BlueWatcher is started, a new notification in the status bar will appear. From this fixed notification (you can't remove this notification) you can go to the main BlueWatcher screen and you can see the connection status.

When it's paired and both connection and services are available, you can click "TEST" button to test if they are paired correctly. You will receive a call notification in your watch saying the caller is "BlueWatcher 0.3".

Let me explain the configuration options:

* Incoming call notification
    • Configure if you want to resolve phone number with a contact
    * Whatsapp notification

• Incoming messages will be notifies as mail alerts.
      Contact Messages will be formatted: "W:Contact Name"
      Group Messages will be formatted: "WG:Contact Name"
    • You can disable/enable group notifications.
    • You can select one algorithm for notifications:
      • Delay new mesages: When you receive a message from a contact, you will not receive new notifications from this contact after X minutes. For groups, you will not receive a notifications for the group (any contact).
      • Notify after read: When you receive a message from a contact, you will not receive new notifications till you read the first notified message. If you receive 5 messages from X contact you will be notified only once. When you read those 5 messages from your mobile, you will be ready to receive new notifications for this contact. This algorithm will be a little different for group messages. I will manage group messages as a contact message. I will not distinguish between single contact message and group message. You will not receive any message to the group until you read the first notified.
      • Notify all messages: Easy, you will receive a notification in your watch every time a message arrives to whatsapp. (BE CAREFUL WITH BATTERY DRAIN)
    • Actually, I'm not able to get sender ID from the notification. The only way to do this is parsing the incoming notification message "Message from XXX". For this purpose, please, fill in the "Notification filter" text field with the header of your notifications (internacionalization here is difficult but can be implemented too). With this text field CW will be able to notify you who sent you the message and group ID!!!
    * Generic app notifications
    Click "EDIT" to configure which generic applications should be notified.

In this screen you can see a list with the selected applications that will be notified to the watch. Click "ADD" button to add a new application or click over an application from the list to edit it.

• Adding a new generic application: In this screen you can see a list with ALL the installed applications in your phone (Icon and application name). Select one application or click "FIND" button to look for a concrete application. If you select "FIND" option you can write a substring of the application. You don't need to write full application name. For example: If you type "Face" you will find "Facebook" application. If you type "mail" you will find "GMail" and other mail applications.
    • Editing a generic application: Even if you added a new generic application or you are editing one you can modify next options:
      Alert Prefix: You can modify the prefix you want in your messages when a notification is shown. For example, write "F" for Facebook and all your notifications will start with "F: xxxxx".
      Header filter: When the notification text is shown, you can filter messages with a header filter. If your notification message starts with this filter, it will be shown without this beginning text. For example, If your application notification is "You earned 46 points" you can set header filter to "You earned " and the message sent to you watch will be "46 points".
      Alert type: If your watch supports different notification styles you can select one of those: CALENDAR, MAIL, SNS, SMS, Call.

IMPORTANT: Application name will be shown in your watch if "Alert Prefix" and "Header Filter" are empty strings. If you type something in "Alert Prefix" and/or "Header Filter", then notification text will be shown in your watch.

EXAMPLES

1. "Facebook" with empty "Alert prefix" and "Header filter" notifies you. WATCH TEXT -> "Facebook"
      2. "Facebook" with "Alert Prefix=F" and empty "Header Filter" notifies you. WATCH TEXT -> "F:Ben sent you a message"
      3. "MyGame" with "Alert Prefix=G" and "Header filter=You won" notifies you "You won 54 points". WATCH TEXT -> "G:54 Points"

Every time you change a param or add/modify generic applications, click the "Apply" button and the configuration will be applied in less than a second!!

And I remember you that you can collaborate with donations as explained here: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=53346469&postcount=123

Thank you so much!!!!!