FORUMS

HTC’s New Ad Campaign And What It Really Means

HTC has just released three new blind test adverts comparing app loading … more

XDA Picks: Best Apps of the Week (June 27 – July 4)

Apps are at the front and center of any smartphone experience, and with over a … more

HTC One M9 Developer Edition Android 5.1 OTA

The Developer Edition of the HTC One M9 is receiving an over-the-air update to Android 5.1. … more

Index Project For XDA Device Subforums

Another ambitious project from the collaborative efforts of Recognized Contributors and Forum … more

[ToolKit] Acer Iconia v0.9.4 ***New: Supporting Acer Liquid S1***

971 posts
Thanks Meter: 427

By entonjackson, Senior Member on 18th April 2013, 01:38 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
17th June 2015, 09:43 AM |#4091  
Flag Nieuwegein, NL
Thanks Meter: 515

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by torben5247

Ok, and your gravitybox kk version is 3.5.10?

I have used 3.5.9 but also get the error after boot when I enable the master switch for Quick Settings. I haven't found which of them causes this, I removed all of them but it remains an issue. After removing all, still three tiles remain which cannot be removed (Acer Touch Wakeup, Automatic Rotation and WIFI). Must be something specific in the taskbar for Acer tabs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by arek78

It works on Acer Liquid Jade Z.

You mean Gravitybox? It works on my Jade S too, but the Quick Settings do not. The Jade devices have a customized task bar for which it cannot replace the quick settings

17th June 2015, 02:42 PM |#4092  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikagl

I have used 3.5.9 but also get the error after boot when I enable the master switch for Quick Settings. I haven't found which of them causes this, I removed all of them but it remains an issue. After removing all, still three tiles remain which cannot be removed (Acer Touch Wakeup, Automatic Rotation and WIFI). Must be something specific in the taskbar for Acer tabs?

You mean Gravitybox? It works on my Jade S too, but the Quick Settings do not. The Jade devices have a customized task bar for which it cannot replace the quick settings

I have tried all kind of different settings in the quick settings menu. And after reboot i get the error "systemui stopped"
If i clikck "ok" the quicksettings are working and can be customized.
But until now i will just use the quicksettings as they are default and switch masterswitch off.

Thanks for your answers
20th June 2015, 06:31 PM |#4093  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
is this compatible ?
Model: Acer icona B1-720
Android Version: 4.4.2
kernel: 3.4.6
Image: acer_av0k0_b1-720_rv0brc05_ww_gen1
Build: acer_av0k0_b1-720_1.070.00_ww_gen1

this website says not: http://www.oneclickroot.com/rootable/

sorry for not reading thread
20th June 2015, 08:41 PM |#4094  
Flag Nieuwegein, NL

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by comoba

is this compatible ?
Model: Acer icona B1-720
Android Version: 4.4.2
kernel: 3.4.6
Image: acer_av0k0_b1-720_rv0brc05_ww_gen1
Build: acer_av0k0_b1-720_1.070.00_ww_gen1

this website says not: http://www.oneclickroot.com/rootable/

sorry for not reading thread

Compatible with what? If you want to root that device, better head over to the following thread and start reading it:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/andr...ax-b1-t2875894

You will need to install a custom recovery from that thread (CWM) and install SuperSU. Detailed instructions are in the following thread:
http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=uWfHHyZL

Ask questions over there, unless you decide to root using the toolkit (which is also possible, but much harder)
21st June 2015, 11:57 AM |#4095  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikagl

Compatible with what? If you want to root that device, better head over to the following thread and start reading it:

You will need to install a custom recovery from that thread (CWM) and install SuperSU. Detailed instructions are in the following thread:
http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=uWfHHyZL

Ask questions over there, unless you decide to root using the toolkit (which is also possible, but much harder)

That thread doesn't have root or custom recovery for the B1-720, so i'm wondering if this toolkit can do it?
21st June 2015, 01:41 PM |#4096  
Flag Nieuwegein, NL

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by comoba

That thread doesn't have root or custom recovery for the B1-720, so i'm wondering if this toolkit can do it?

No, all toolkit does is an alternative way to root (without custom recovery)
24th June 2015, 04:09 PM |#4097  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
No joy on b1 a71
This process seemed to complete on Iconia B1 a71 however I get no root. I installed superuser ( there are a few versions on google play, so it is unclear), as well as the various root checkers which all seem to indicate different problems.

I chose "root froom scratch" as the images lined to in the Orioginal post seemed to no longter work. I think it might be better to use one of the pre-rooted images instaed, if I could only get one.

Currently it says

SU Exists YES
Version 2.45 SUPERSU ( I chose the option to install superuser then installed from Play Store)
Busybox available FALSE

Model Acer B1-A71
Android 4.1.2
ROM Acer_AV051_B1_A71_1.174.00._WW_GEN1
Last edited by markosjal; 24th June 2015 at 04:19 PM. Reason: more info
24th June 2015, 05:49 PM |#4098  
Flag Kraków
Thanks Meter: 60

Donate to Me
More
Post deleted
Last edited by Pacjonek; 24th June 2015 at 06:03 PM.
24th June 2015, 10:24 PM |#4099  
Flag Nieuwegein, NL

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by markosjal

This process seemed to complete on Iconia B1 a71 however I get no root. I installed superuser ( there are a few versions on google play, so it is unclear), as well as the various root checkers which all seem to indicate different problems.

I chose "root froom scratch" as the images lined to in the Orioginal post seemed to no longter work. I think it might be better to use one of the pre-rooted images instaed, if I could only get one.

Currently it says

SU Exists YES
Version 2.45 SUPERSU ( I chose the option to install superuser then installed from Play Store)
Busybox available FALSE

Model Acer B1-A71
Android 4.1.2
ROM Acer_AV051_B1_A71_1.174.00._WW_GEN1

Why do B1-A71 using this toolkit? I would root it by installing a custom recovery like CWM and root it using SuperSU as mentioned in the following thread:
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
acer iconia, acer iconia a1-810, acer iconia b1-710, acer iconia b1-a71, root
Previous Thread Next Thread