By gerardroid, Recognized Contributor on 25th March 2014, 01:44 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
21st June 2015, 10:17 PM |#61  
Flag Portland, OR
Thanks Meter: 64

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5318008

It's working great on my AT&T Note 2, thanks. It seems quicker than the previous version I was using, 1.6.10.something. Having word prediction on used to lag Swype but now it's much smoother. I wish the commercial version was this good, they'd probably make more sales that way.

Update: It's gotten laggy again. Not sure what's up with it. I have learning, prediction, and network connectivity turned off and it still lags horribly. I switched to Google's keyboard, which works very smoothly. Shame, too, because I prefer Swype's functionality and layout better. I just can't get rid of the lag.
The Following User Says Thank You to 5318008 For This Useful Post: [ View ]

22nd June 2015, 12:06 AM |#62  
Flag Calcutta
Thanks Meter: 266

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5318008

Update: It's gotten laggy again. Not sure what's up with it. I have learning, prediction, and network connectivity turned off and it still lags horribly. I switched to Google's keyboard, which works very smoothly. Shame, too, because I prefer Swype's functionality and layout better. I just can't get rid of the lag.

The only way of getting rid of those micro lags is to use your phone in Performance mode (I mean as in kernel governor). Other than that there is no way to get rid of those micro lags. I use my phone like that anyway, so that doesn't bother me, but whenever I reboot the device and forget to apply the custom settings I see that awful micro lags! Swype could something to fix. There is no other keyboard which acts like this, however at the same time there is no other keyboard which is fantastic as Swype.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to devilsdouble For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd June 2015, 07:53 PM |#63  
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag zwollywood
Thanks Meter: 6,325

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by devilsdouble

The only way of getting rid of those micro lags is to use your phone in Performance mode (I mean as in kernel governor). Other than that there is no way to get rid of those micro lags. I use my phone like that anyway, so that doesn't bother me, but whenever I reboot the device and forget to apply the custom settings I see that awful micro lags! Swype could something to fix. There is no other keyboard which acts like this, however at the same time there is no other keyboard which is fantastic as Swype.

using this keyboard when typing long text...
ive no problems like that...tried clearing the apk cache?
or
maybe try putting the apk in system apps..
cheers
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gerardroid For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th June 2015, 01:20 AM |#64  
Flag Portland, OR
Thanks Meter: 64

More
As a result of trying to get rid of the bluetooth music stuttering bug (no luck unfortunately), I already use the performance governor, with increased minimum frequency and a lower number of allowed background processes, plus an entropy feeder on top of those tweaks, but Swype still hangs horribly now and then. I may try clearing its cache, but I can imagine that if that works, it's only a temporary solution. I haven't tried moving it to system, so maybe I'll give that a try, though I'll probably have to do something about the pre-installed (and currently disabled) version of Swype first. I still appreciate all the advice though. Google's keyboard really is pretty good, though it's missing a couple of things from Swype that I still find myself missing.
25th June 2015, 02:23 AM |#65  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hello everyone dr

Sent from my LGMS395 using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)