FORUMS

New Xposed for Lollipop 5.0 Update Fixes Major Bugs

Senior Recognized Developer rovo89 has patched Xposed for Lollipop 5.0 to … more

Download Sony’s new AOSP-like concept for Xperia Z3

Over in our forums, Recognized Contributor Jozinek has posted a very … more

OnePlus 2 vs Moto X Style: Which is The Better Flagship?

Two big industry names have announced their newest flagship phones within the … more

Making Your Own Xposed Modules Is Easier Than You Think

Close to the heart of XDA is the Xposed Framework by Rovo89. Most of … more

[Q] issue with my Spen, please help

7 posts
Thanks Meter: 0
 
By phokienhuy, Junior Member on 10th February 2014, 09:13 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
My note P605 has a dead area on its screen where using fingers is normal but not with thr Spen, when i draw a line through this area, the line will be coroupted.

This is a link to the screen shot which will show you my problem.

Please help me if you have any solution for this.

The link to dropbox file: db.tt/FFXZOO4V
 
 
10th February 2014, 10:35 AM |#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 390
 
More
All I can say is that the touchscreen driver is pretty messed up in general. There are multiple issues on this tablet, like shaking when you hold something, multitouch not working properly and touchinput dropping for no reason.
I'm not sure if your issue is hardware or software related (could be both imho) but I'm pretty sure the touchscreen driver will get some bugfixes in the next update. It's extremly needed and Samsung should be aware of it...
10th February 2014, 02:28 PM |#3  
┐Will-it-Blend?'s Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Atlanta, GA
Thanks Meter: 431
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by phokienhuy

My note P605 has a dead area on its screen where using fingers is normal but not with thr Spen, when i draw a line through this area, the line will be coroupted.

This is a link to the screen shot which will show you my problem.

Please help me if you have any solution for this.

The link to dropbox file: db.tt/FFXZOO4V

You don't have a magnet case on your tablet do you? I know that that can cause issues with the S-Pen.
10th February 2014, 04:01 PM |#4  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
p605
Quote:
Originally Posted by clouds5

All I can say is that the touchscreen driver is pretty messed up in general. There are multiple issues on this tablet, like shaking when you hold something, multitouch not working properly and touchinput dropping for no reason.
I'm not sure if your issue is hardware or software related (could be both imho) but I'm pretty sure the touchscreen driver will get some bugfixes in the next update. It's extremly needed and Samsung should be aware of it...

Thank you for your reply. I will try reinstall the firmware using the kies software. Hope this may work otherwise, i will return it to the shop. Because i'm in Vietnam so i did not have the official warranty of this device.

Happy Lunar New Year guys!!
10th February 2014, 05:02 PM |#5  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
no hope
It's not work guys!! even i flashed it back to stock may be this is a hardware failure (( have to return it and take my money back
24th June 2015, 05:32 AM |#6  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 7
 
More
Hi , I had the same prob with my spen . can't write on parts of the screen an its really frustrating . An LCD replacement cost $220.
Being an engineer my self , I went to buy some prying tools and open up the back cover of my note p605. Guess wat. The wacom ribbon cable was slightly detached from the connector . With my newly bought tools , I reattach the ribbon cable and YES!! My s pen works like new again.
25th June 2015, 04:28 AM |#7  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 55
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pg84

Hi , I had the same prob with my spen . can't write on parts of the screen an its really frustrating . An LCD replacement cost $220.
Being an engineer my self , I went to buy some prying tools and open up the back cover of my note p605. Guess wat. The wacom ribbon cable was slightly detached from the connector . With my newly bought tools , I reattach the ribbon cable and YES!! My s pen works like new again.

would this fix the "dead" zones near the edges of the screen? I have those and everyday they get worse to the point that i have something like an 8inch-screen area to draw.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes