Hello here is an edited version of the easyonehand.apk for the Galaxy S5. Only difference from the stock one is that now the border is black so that it saves power due to the OMLED being darker, and it makes it easier to use it at night when that white border can get distracting. This effort was inspired by this thread in the GSIII forum, cross-posted at S5 forum. The main post with a poll is here
1. First I used a titanium backup of the stock app to get at the APK.
2. Then I messed with the images in the apk\res\drawable-xxhdpi\ by extracting the pngs that make up the white border from the stock app.
3. I also reversed the colors on the icons and handles so they would be visible on the new black background.
4 Then I took a fresh copy of the stock APK, appended ".zip" to the apk name and opened it in winrar, I dragged and dropped the new pngs into the "\res\drawable-xxhdpi" folder
5. Then I removed the ".zip" from the modified apk name and put the new APK on my SD card
6. Then I used "X-plore File Manager" to copy the new apk (with a different name) into root/sys/app/
7. Then again I used X-Plore File Manager to change the name of the new package to the name of the stock file, in my case it was "easyonehand2.apk"
8. This replaces the old one with the new one and now when you switch to one hand mode you should get this:
I think any root file manager should work for this. If we are lucky, you might be able to just install the apk over the existing one directly, but the first few times I tried that it wouldn't install. Something about a signature. So, let me know if that works. too.
This is my first attempt at such a thing, so I dunno how well it works, but on my phone, everything seems fine.
Sorry about the lack of inline images and links, This is my first post so it wont let me do that.
Download 1 (w/ file list)