FORUMS

What Do You Think About Fingerprint Scanners?

More and more phones are featuring fingerprint scanners, and with many promising … more

What’s Next for Samsung and Its Flagships?

If we were to say that the Galaxy S6 was a leap of faith made by Samsung, we … more

The Ultimate Showcase of dBrand Skins

In the search for ways to protect, accessorize, and personalize; a user has many options. One … more

Huawei’s Rapid Rise to Third Place in the Smartphone Race

Huawei has quickly grown to become one of the world’s biggest … more

[MOD][Kitkat] Black One-Handed Mode Background

487 posts
Thanks Meter: 224

By FeralFire, Senior Member on 25th March 2014, 04:48 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
22nd June 2014, 01:10 PM |#21  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by iede

@FeralFire

Why in my case I have narrow white border around the edges of screen? It's hard to see from attachment though But you can see definitely in the phone itself. Also, I'm on odex stock ROM.

Thanks!

I put those there so that it would be possible to see the screen edges in the dark.

22nd June 2014, 05:38 PM |#22  
Thanks Meter: 50

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeralFire

I put those there so that it would be possible to see the screen edges in the dark.

Could you please make a version without that borders? really appreciate that!
23rd June 2014, 11:39 PM |#23  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by iede

Could you please make a version without that borders? really appreciate that!

Added two more files to OP.
Didn't test them as I am running an S5 ROM now but they should work.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FeralFire For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd February 2015, 09:22 PM |#24  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
i have no root so i can't test it now but i have a question...

if i have an app that works with a slide from the border, it use the border of the screen, or the border of the "reduced screen" ?

if i have a finger in the black space, it's ignored?

the xhalofloatingwindow works with it?

thank you.
4th March 2015, 06:54 PM |#25  
Flag Chennai
Thanks Meter: 129

Donate to Me
More
Will this mod work on lollipop?
26th June 2015, 12:49 AM |#26  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
S5 One Hand Mode with Black Border
Hello here is an edited version of the easyonehand.apk for the Galaxy S5. Only difference from the stock one is that now the border is black so that it saves power due to the OMLED being darker, and it makes it easier to use it at night when that white border can get distracting. This effort was inspired by this thread in the GSIII forum, cross-posted at S5 forum. The main post with a poll is here

1. First I used a titanium backup of the stock app to get at the APK.
2. Then I messed with the images in the apk\res\drawable-xxhdpi\ by extracting the pngs that make up the white border from the stock app.
3. I also reversed the colors on the icons and handles so they would be visible on the new black background.
4 Then I took a fresh copy of the stock APK, appended ".zip" to the apk name and opened it in winrar, I dragged and dropped the new pngs into the "\res\drawable-xxhdpi" folder
5. Then I removed the ".zip" from the modified apk name and put the new APK on my SD card
6. Then I used "X-plore File Manager" to copy the new apk (with a different name) into root/sys/app/
7. Then again I used X-Plore File Manager to change the name of the new package to the name of the stock file, in my case it was "easyonehand2.apk"
8. This replaces the old one with the new one and now when you switch to one hand mode you should get this:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...s.Xplore&hl=en

I think any root file manager should work for this. If we are lucky, you might be able to just install the apk over the existing one directly, but the first few times I tried that it wouldn't install. Something about a signature. So, let me know if that works. too.

This is my first attempt at such a thing, so I dunno how well it works, but on my phone, everything seems fine.
Sorry about the lack of inline images and links, This is my first post so it wont let me do that.

Screenshot 1
http://s15.postimg.org/f04033n9n/Scr...6_01_29_28.png

ScreenShot 2
http://s15.postimg.org/bvtc6b6h7/Scr...6_01_43_49.png

Download 1 (w/ file list)
https://infotomb.com/axtdj

Mirror
https://filetea.me/t1sbZ0ofbXdTAGnwK09QTMJrQ
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2015-06-26-01-29-28.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	152.1 KB
ID:	3378908   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2015-06-26-01-43-49.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	185.3 KB
ID:	3378910  
Attached Files
File Type: apk com.sec.android.easyonehand _GS5_Onhand_Black_Border.apk - [Click for QR Code] (230.7 KB, 4 views)
Last edited by 534231GS5; 26th June 2015 at 01:09 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to 534231GS5 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread