FORUMS

Beats Music No Longer Accepting New Accounts

Whenever Apple launches a new product or service, it definitely manages to grab the … more

Do You Do Self-Repairs on Your Devices?

As smartphone designs become more and more complex, self-repairs on devices are also becoming … more

Sony Z4 Slips Out of Top 5 Smartphones in Japan

In a bid to streamline its flagship series which had been losing credibility over the … more

Sprint’s New Unlimited Plan with Ridiculous Capped Speeds

The carrier game in the United States is perpetually rushing forward at … more

[GUIDE][ROOT] Root your LG L40/L70/L90/G2 mini!

199 posts
Thanks Meter: 142

By olegat0r, Senior Member on 26th April 2014, 07:25 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
16th June 2015, 04:30 PM |#981  
Thanks Meter: 25

More
Not working in LG L90 D410HN (Brazilian dual-SIM with NFC version) with V20B.

Users reported that Kingroot works, but I'm afraid to use this root method since other users reported that their app keeps connecting to China based servers.

18th June 2015, 04:34 PM |#982  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Cannot detect SD Card?
My SD card is not listed in the Partition Wizard, so I can't format it to ext2/ext4. Does anybody know why?

I suspect it's because my device is detected as a Portable Device instead of being a Removable Storage Device... But then I also don't know how to change it
18th June 2015, 11:22 PM |#983  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by F. Gacrux

Users reported that Kingroot works, but I'm afraid to use this root method since other users reported that their app keeps connecting to China based servers.

Yes, it's correct: only Kingroot (4.0+) seems to be able to root 20B as of now. Look for a video on YouTube (in Portuguese, by the way), it explains how to root with Kingroot and then replace it with SuperSu, with links to the files you will need to use. I have used it, but I could not remove Kinguser the first time, I had to restore the firmware and then try again. If you get an error about busybox when you run the script the first time, cancel it and run again. It worked for me this way (the second time it didn't give any errors about busybox, only a few about other files, and then it worked). You know it worked and SuperSU is able to update su binaries.

---------- Post added at 10:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:19 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuujira

My SD card is not listed in the Partition Wizard, so I can't format it to ext2/ext4. Does anybody know why?

I suspect it's because my device is detected as a Portable Device instead of being a Removable Storage Device... But then I also don't know how to change it

Since a long time ago (I think since Jelly Bean) that it is not possible to mount Android phones as storage. You will have to remove the microSD and use an adapter to connect it to your computer in order to be able to use a partition tool. You can use gparted on Android too (there are at least one app on Google Play that allows you to partition an external SD)...
Last edited by lfom; 19th June 2015 at 09:09 PM. Reason: spell cheching
19th June 2015, 09:18 AM |#984  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lfom

Since a long time ago (I think since Jelly Bean) that it is not possible to mount Android phones as storage. You will have to remove the microSD and use an adaptor to connect it to your computer in order to be able to use a partition too. You can use gparted on Android too (there are at least on app on Google Play that allows you to partition an external SD)...

Thanks, well I found the app on Android and it should be named AParted if I'm correct, but when I run it it says no external SD Card detected...
I wish I had an SD Card reader than it would've been easier :/
23rd June 2015, 02:04 PM |#985  
Texas, USA and Toronto,Canada
Thanks Meter: 51

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by F. Gacrux

Connect to US based server even worse, NSA collects all your information...

Sent from my BN NookHD+ using Tapatalk HD
26th June 2015, 10:30 PM |#986  

More
Thanks
Thank you olegat0r - I rooted my first android device (LG L40).

It took me 2 days as I encountered some problems with ADB - my device was 'offline' no matter what I've done. I followed pretty much all the solutions I found in the web but none of them worked. Finally I installed the latest SDK, downloaded the latest google driver in it's manager and my device for the very first time asked for authentication and was finally 'online' when I proceeded. 5 minutes later root was done. Hope that someone will find this helpful.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
finally, l70, l90, root
Previous Thread Next Thread