FORUMS

Earthquake Early Warning in Your Pocket

Probably all of us reading this have a smartphone in our pocket. For many of us, the … more

Sony: The OEM You Want To Save

In our recent Discuss article, we asked you readers on which OEM you would like to help. While the … more

How to Lock and Protect Your Apps – XDA Xposed Tuesday

The smartphone revolution has passed. Everybody has mobile apps. Some of … more

Which OEM Would You Like to Help?

Most manufacturers have moments of greatness and moments of decadence, and in the past few years … more

Build Quality Concerns

41 posts
Thanks Meter: 19

By PatsFan1286, Member on 26th March 2014, 02:04 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
11th February 2015, 02:39 PM |#741  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Batu Pahat, Johor
Thanks Meter: 3,749

Donate to Me
More
My vibration just died yesterday. Honestly don't mind living without it since I'm in university and can't hope to part with my phone for a month and a half (based on my previous experience of HTC's after sales warranty). Other than that, everything else seems fine. But even my previous One X had hardware issues, so I'm already mentally prepared for the worst.

7th April 2015, 10:36 PM |#742  
Flag Endwell, NY
Thanks Meter: 17

More
Seems like a lot of people ahve the vibrate issue. Mine's been dead for months, as noted in a previous post. Kind of odd
26th June 2015, 04:10 AM |#743  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 121

More
Hi, my Dad owns the HTC one m8 and it did something very funny today.

As he held it the blacklight turned off. He didn't touch the power key at all. After many presses of the power key, the screen backlight turned it self on.

Then later this evening it decided that the blacklight has finally killed itself completely and if you haven't guessed already it's like trying to play a gameboy in the dark. You can't see a thing on the screen.

I had to hold up my phone with the touch on to see the screen. Took about 30 minutes to unlock, because it was secured by pin number! 😂

I've set the phone to no lock screen for now.

Is there anyway to fix this and is this a common problem among HTC one owners?

I'm planning to call my network provider tomorrow and see if warranty will cover it.

I'd also like to mention that the phone is in excellent condition and hasn't got a mark on it. Never dropped once. The handset is 7 months old.

Sent from the sweetest lollipop'd SGS3 i9300
26th June 2015, 10:24 PM |#744  
Flag Little Rock, AR
Thanks Meter: 547

More
It's less than a year old, warranty will repair or replace.
27th June 2015, 01:22 AM |#745  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 121

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathmonkeyGTX

It's less than a year old, warranty will repair or replace.

Thanks for the reply. I've sent it off to HTC for repairs. Should get it back some time next week.

Sent from the sweetest lollipop'd SGS3 i9300
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread