FORUMS

Top Forum Discussions

[ROM][NDC][STOCK][4.4.2][KITKAT][ROOTED][ODEXED/DEODEXED]- Virgin Mobile/Boost Mobile

2,832 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,948

By jdsingle76, Recognized Contributor on 7th June 2014, 05:46 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
18th May 2015, 02:30 AM |#151  
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Nashville, TN
Thanks Meter: 2,948

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by strangelady

Good because it all came up roses so I didn't think I would need to! Ahhh this is so good my phone is working again.

--I don't think I could have flashed the modem anyway? Or I could have, but I couldn't guess what could go wrong doing that. Once it came back up it told me I had a System Update (which I received) and it put me back on NJ3. Now I would just like to root it and get my backups from TB.

--I should clarify that I know how to do all the rest hahahahaaaa I never want to do this again. My S3 is such a perfect phone, I don't know what I was thinking. Or, uh, I WAS thinking that "I've had it a year and I'm probably going to get a new phone soon so LET'S PLAY". It isn't like my Triumph or Evo V or even the S2. It's precious to me. I've learned my lesson. I hope you never see me again in these forums but I am oh so sorry if you do (you probably will I can't resist playing with my phones)

Sorry, I've been out of the loop for awhile. Did you get everything working ok @strangelady? If so, thanks @MadHat and to everyone helping keep things rolling in here!

18th May 2015, 02:35 AM |#152  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by madbat99

The modem is already in the full stock tar.
So no, you don't need to flash the modem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsingle76

Sorry, I've been out of the loop for awhile. Did you get everything working ok @strangelady? If so, thanks @MadHat and to everyone helping keep things rolling in here!

Yes, I did! Thank you for checking in!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to strangelady For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th June 2015, 04:53 AM |#153  
Flag St Petersburg
Thanks Meter: 0

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanafuego

awesome work JD, I don't post a lot because I do a lot of reading and I find I do not usually have to post because if you do your research everything is covered. But this one has me concerned as it seems a little out of my league. I do not think I am a noob but, not far past. I have a galaxy s3 I rooted it myself and I'm running 4.3., I noticed you mentioned Odin and flashing my custom recovery, I am already running clockworkmod do I have to use Odin? Can't I just flash that car and then the zip using the custom recovery I already have? It's business as usual right? Just flash those items in the order and then the new modem and I'm good to go? And if I have to revert back to back up will I be able to do that? Will I be able to revert back to 4.3? Just a little nervous and thank you for all of your hard work and answering my question in advance. I love the work you guys do and I think it's awesome everyone in this community stick together and help each other. Anyways I will lay back in the bushes and patiently watch for a response!

When I installed the NDC rom on my VM GS3 it disables the WiFi, when I installed the ND8 version everything works but since its on Sprint I get no data. Suggestions?

-SimplyMarkB
20th June 2015, 06:27 AM |#154  
Flag Syracuse,NY
Thanks Meter: 1,508

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbolden

When I installed the NDC rom on my VM GS3 it disables the WiFi, when I installed the ND8 version everything works but since its on Sprint I get no data. Suggestions?

-SimplyMarkB

VM is a subsidiary of Sprint. I've been running Sprint roms on my VM GS3 since I got it. If you dial ##72786# on your dialer it will re-activate the phone for you to get your data working. This is the first I've heard of the WiFi issue. Very strange since this is made specifically for Boost/VM.

Edit: Replied kind of late last night. What firmware are you running. If you are running NDC bootloader this rom should work fine. If you are on ND8 bootloader you will need to flash kernel located here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=29426212
Same goes if you are running NDC bootloader with Sprint rom.
Last edited by marcran75; 20th June 2015 at 05:26 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to marcran75 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th June 2015, 11:07 PM |#155  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsingle76

STOP!!! PLEASE READ!!! Before you flash this zip file in recovery, you MUST FIRST flash either the NDC tar(see below for link),
or the ND8 tar, in order to obtain the KK bootloader and modem. If you flash this directly over JellyBean bootloader, you WILL brick!!

Alright folks, here we go again. Just as the title says, this is the NDC 4.4.2 Kit Kat update for Boost/VM in flashable zip.
Stock, rooted, busybox, zipaligned, odex or deodex. That’s it. Pretty basic. More to come in the future, but this should be enough
to keep you busy for awhile. Enjoy!

Notes: PLEASE READ!

1. In order for this to work, you need to flash the NDC tar first! Flashing the tar will/should not wipe your data.

2. And yes, NDC tar does come with Knox, so if you flash the tar, you have Knox. And if you flash CWM via Odin to flash this,
it WILL trip Knox, thus voiding your warranty.

3. This MAY cause you to lose your modem, but not to fear, we got you covered.
Google, Samsung, XDA – For obvious reasons
@JustArchi – For the Kitchen
@Phil3759 - For your awesome recovery
@Agent4834 – For catching the tar ball in Kies
@Chainfire – SuperSU and everything else you do and continue to do. You’re a magician.
@CNexus – For being there to bounce ideas off of, keeping me out of trouble!
@tdunham - For being a great sounding board and resource! So glad you’re on the S5 now!
@moonknightus- - For the modem. Good looking out brother.
Download Links:
Disclaimer: I am not responsible for whatever you do with your phone. Please flash at your own risk!

Issues:
1. Kills Modem - Solved, just flash the modem in the link!
2. Conflicts with the "MobileZone," whatever that is - Solved - See Post #2
3. This is an early run, so there may be hiccups. You tell me!

How do i flash the modem? It is not a tar file or anything. Odin won't see the file for the modem..
Please someone respond asap i can't get any signal from towers due to the modem not working..

Thanks
26th June 2015, 11:22 PM |#156  
Recognized Developer
Flag Garrett, IN
Thanks Meter: 35,419

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hjason7812

How do i flash the modem? It is not a tar file or anything. Odin won't see the file for the modem..
Please someone respond asap i can't get any signal from towers due to the modem not working..

Thanks

Flash it in a custom recovery like Philz or TWRP or see if there is a tar file inside the zip.

27th June 2015, 01:57 AM |#157  
Flag Syracuse,NY
Thanks Meter: 1,508

More
Deleted
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
4.4.2, boost, kit kat, ndc deodex, virgin mobile
Previous Thread Next Thread