FORUMS

Which OEM Would You Like to Help?

Most manufacturers have moments of greatness and moments of decadence, and in the past few years … more

Root T-Mobile S6/Edge on 5.1.1 Without Tripping Knox

If you purchase phones from a carrier, you may be no stranger to the difficulties … more

IonVR Coming Soon, HTC M9 Dev Edition Gets Android 5.1 – XDA TV

The HTC M9 Developer Edition has received Android 5.1. That and … more

Android 5.1.1 Omni ROM For Motorola Xoom

Back in Feb 2011, the Motorola Xoom became the first device to be sold with Android 3.0 … more

[ROM] Eclipse Note 3 TW - 2.2 (1/13/15) - Real AOSP styling! KitKat has arrived!!

2,806 posts
Thanks Meter: 6,427

By nitroglycerine33, Recognized Developer on 22nd January 2014, 06:32 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
21st June 2015, 02:35 PM |#3571  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 2,571

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lazarus0000

So, open question...

I too am still on JB - didn't see any positives going to KK and heard lots of complaints about SD card support and problems with ART. But it's been close to a year (possibly more) & I'm seeing more and more stuff that's limited to 4.4, so I'm thinking about making the switch to KK...

Overall, is it worth the work of backing everything up and doing whatever is necessary to install the KK version of Safestrap as well as (ugh!) update from NC2 (? - is that right?) to NC4?

Opinions - pros & cons?

Thanks in advance for the opinions/answers!

Update with nc2 method and u can always go back to jb if you hate it. I've been on nc2 since release and have no problems with it. If you go to nc4 bootloader you can't go back to jb....

TaPpEd FrOm My HeLlIsHlY eUpHoRic N-sIx
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jrbxx7 For This Useful Post: [ View ]

29th June 2015, 07:24 AM |#3572  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quick question. If I AM ON JASMIN ROM 5.0.2 can I install this KK rom in my main partition using safestrap?
29th June 2015, 12:17 PM |#3573  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 2,571

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by e-zzy1

Quick question. If I AM ON JASMIN ROM 5.0.2 can I install this KK rom in my main partition using safestrap?

No safestrap won't work on lollipop. Once ur on 5.0 there is no going back to kk

TaPpEd FrOm My KiLlEr WhAlE
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jrbxx7 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread