FORUMS

Beats Music No Longer Accepting New Accounts

Whenever Apple launches a new product or service, it definitely manages to grab the … more

Do You Do Self-Repairs on Your Devices?

As smartphone designs become more and more complex, self-repairs on devices are also becoming … more

Sony Z4 Slips Out of Top 5 Smartphones in Japan

In a bid to streamline its flagship series which had been losing credibility over the … more

Sprint’s New Unlimited Plan with Ridiculous Capped Speeds

The carrier game in the United States is perpetually rushing forward at … more

[Q]How to root asus fonepad 7 fe170cg

4 posts
Thanks Meter: 1

By FAIRUZLYNNZAN, Junior Member on 17th May 2014, 08:29 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
25th June 2015, 05:12 PM |#381  
Flag Karur
Thanks Meter: 36

Donate to Me
More
We have to do following before we can cook roms: Have to create Device and Vendor trees, A nice Clock Work Mod recovery and finally some generous testers.... After downloading the source, i will be stuck with the device & vendor trees without which we can't further proceed... Any info and suggestions is welcome and appreciated....

28th June 2015, 08:01 PM |#382  
Flag Karur

Donate to Me
More
My dear friends, please concentrate on getting a custom recovery(TWRP/CWM)... I am trying real hard here. I contacted all the devs i could, none willing to help me! No device & vendor tree, Locked bootloader, No custom recovery, No stable ROM...... Really feeling so down
29th June 2015, 03:57 PM |#383  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Are you looking to root Fonepad 7 FE170CG?
Quote:
Originally Posted by irfanjunaid

My dear friends, please concentrate on getting a custom recovery(TWRP/CWM)... I am trying real hard here. I contacted all the devs i could, none willing to help me! No device & vendor tree, Locked bootloader, No custom recovery, No stable ROM...... Really feeling so down

If you are looking to root Fonepad 7 FE170CG, then follow the you tube based Lam Nguyen instructions.
Links and instructions provided on the site.
Basic steps are:
ROOTING ASUS FONEPAD 7 FE170CG ON LOLLIPOP Lam Nguyen

Published on May 24, 2015
Many thanks to Admin Mr Siro forum: zenfoneviet.net

1. Download file adb.rar, recovery.rar, and Root Fonepad 7 (FE170CG) Android 5.0 Lollipop.zip
2. Extract file adb.rar and recovery.rar
3. Copy file Root Fonepad 7 (FE170CG) Android 5.0 Lollipop.zip to MicroSD, the external SD Card, to the root.
4. Press and hold volume + and power to fastboot
5. Connect fonepad to PC. PC needs to be installed driver: Asus_Android_USB_driver_for_windows.rar
6. Open folder adb, run START.cmd
7. Type in: fastboot flash fastboot fastboot.img to cmd and enter
8. On Fonepad: After Result: OK is displayed on the Fonepad, After cmd done, select restart bootloader
9. Done, Fastboot back to 4.4 mode.
10. On PC: open folder recovery, run file launcher.bat, type in ACCEPT, enter. Then select T2 and enter.
11. The bat launcher should show copying files.
12. On Fonepad, select : Install Zip-zip from external sdcard-select Root Fonepad 7 (FE170CG) Android 5.0 Lollipop.zip
13. Wait to complete, select Go Back-reboot-system now-Fix root
14. Done, Fonepad is rooted.
15. Install root checker from store to check.
29th June 2015, 06:13 PM |#384  
Flag Karur

Donate to Me
More
Thanks @RajeshP116, rooting is not the problem... I am trying to compile clockworkmod and Cyanogenmod... Sources are ready. But no device and vendor trees!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
fonepade-7
Previous Thread Next Thread