FORUMS

PSA: You Can Optimize Your Note 4’s Recents Menu & RAM

The Note 4 never had the fastest Recents Menu, and despite its 3GB of RAM, … more

XDA Picks: Best Apps of the Week (July 25 – Aug 1)

Apps are at the front and center of any smartphone experience, and with over a … more

Voices Of XDA: Orbiting The Earth With Android

Editor’s note: This week’s feature has been written by forum … more

CloudPlayer: DIY HiFi Music Streaming Solution

In our Helpful Guide to Music Streaming Services, we mentioned several different services … more

4.x-to-4.4.2-NK1-SAFEUP-or-DOWNgrade & Obtain or Keep Root & SafeStrap! EZiest WAY.

694 posts
Thanks Meter: 941

By gigilie, Senior Member on 16th April 2014, 06:38 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
14th April 2015, 06:32 PM |#761  
Flag Canandaigua
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Anyone try the root method if your on stock ota nk1? I wanna root my wife's phone but don't wanna mess it up. Thanks in advance

14th April 2015, 09:51 PM |#762  
Flag St. Augustine, FL
Thanks Meter: 458

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by toyosup88

Anyone try the root method if your on stock ota nk1? I wanna root my wife's phone but don't wanna mess it up. Thanks in advance

Use the how to root NK1 thread in this very same forum.
18th April 2015, 06:02 PM |#763  
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:

Yeah, check the other thread as was suggested. Towelroot v3 is the newest method according to my knowledge.
23rd April 2015, 12:15 PM |#764  
OP Senior Member
MN

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Really theres no difference its the same thing I've been doing since NG6 just downgrade your NK kernel to NC then install and root using towelroot flash your kernel back to NK. Don't know why these guys are redirecting rather than answering simple question........... you wont mess it up bud just make sure your using a quality cable to flash through Odin. Simple.

Actually this has been the easiest way to Root since saferoot was brought on 4.3. All we do is downgrade to last known rootable kernel root then upgrade without breaking root via Odin and not disturbing the partitions.
Last edited by gigilie; 23rd April 2015 at 12:18 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to gigilie For This Useful Post: [ View ]
29th April 2015, 01:18 PM |#765  
Thanks Meter: 71

More
I can't get lte after updating to nk1 at all, even if I downgrade to nc5 (bl,mod, and modem). I even flashed back to stock (odin) and nothing just 3g. I even tried other roms and nothing.
I'm back on nk1 via Bl, Modem & Mod but nothing just 3g. Everything else works fine (bluetooth, wifi, hotspot)
Running lastest hyperdrive

I even tried flashing back to my old backup and nothing.
Last edited by GamerOnOne; 29th April 2015 at 01:23 PM.
29th April 2015, 09:03 PM |#766  
OP Senior Member
MN

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GamerOnOne

I can't get lte after updating to nk1 at all, even if I downgrade to nc5 (bl,mod, and modem). I even flashed back to stock (odin) and nothing just 3g. I even tried other roms and nothing.
I'm back on nk1 via Bl, Modem & Mod but nothing just 3g. Everything else works fine (bluetooth, wifi, hotspot)
Running lastest hyperdrive

I even tried flashing back to my old backup and nothing.

cant tell you exactly whats wrong have you tried alternating apns?
20th May 2015, 05:57 AM |#767  
Flag sioux falls SD
Thanks Meter: 1,755

Donate to Me
More
Ok guys, I want to upgrade to kitkat firmware and safestrap so I can run hyperdrive kk rom. What's the best way to do this?

I would like to actually get on lollipop firmware. Is this possible yet? I know there is no root yet, but I would like to update anyways. Any help would b appreciated. Thank u
Last edited by zounduser; 20th May 2015 at 06:05 AM.
20th May 2015, 07:27 AM |#768  
Flag sioux falls SD
Thanks Meter: 1,755

Donate to Me
More
The all in one link is broken
29th June 2015, 03:56 PM |#769  
Flag Santiago
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Does anyone knows if is safe to Odin flash the NK1 Modem & HLOS tar file while on stock NK1?
Thanks in advance
29th June 2015, 07:01 PM |#770  
OP Senior Member
MN

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master95

Does anyone knows if is safe to Odin flash the NK1 Modem & HLOS tar file while on stock NK1?
Thanks in advance

super safe. u can also flash this in safestrap as one of my "WiFi Fixes".
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread