FORUMS

Beats Music No Longer Accepting New Accounts

Whenever Apple launches a new product or service, it definitely manages to grab the … more

Do You Do Self-Repairs on Your Devices?

As smartphone designs become more and more complex, self-repairs on devices are also becoming … more

Sony Z4 Slips Out of Top 5 Smartphones in Japan

In a bid to streamline its flagship series which had been losing credibility over the … more

Sprint’s New Unlimited Plan with Ridiculous Capped Speeds

The carrier game in the United States is perpetually rushing forward at … more

CyanogenMod 11 (4.4.4) [ION]

84 posts
Thanks Meter: 441

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
13th June 2015, 04:49 PM |#291  
Flag NOIDA
Thanks Meter: 1

More
So it went down like 3 hrs ago and is not booting up. Battery as far as i remember was at 83% but i thought maybe it had drained so i had left it to charge after it shut down and realized later that it isn't charging too, neither through AC nor USB. Not even booting into bootloader.
The charging LED turns on for some seconds and then turns off. I had left it like that for 2 hours but not booting up.
What can i do apart from grieving? :P

13th June 2015, 04:53 PM |#292  
Thanks Meter: 437

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by samyakkhare

So it went down like 3 hrs ago and is not booting up. Battery as far as i remember was at 83% but i thought maybe it had drained so i had left it to charge after it shut down and realized later that it isn't charging too, neither through AC nor USB. Not even booting into bootloader.
The charging LED turns on for some seconds and then turns off. I had left it like that for 2 hours but not booting up.
What can i do apart from grieving? :P

It just crashed, or did you change anything before, like overclocking?
Plug it into a pc and check whether the pc does recognize a usb device.

Edit: I read your other posts and if it really just started rebooting randomly I'd say your hardware is saying goodbye.
Last edited by jonas2790; 13th June 2015 at 04:56 PM.
13th June 2015, 08:19 PM |#293  
Flag NOIDA

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonas2790

It just crashed, or did you change anything before, like overclocking?
Plug it into a pc and check whether the pc does recognize a usb device.

Edit: I read your other posts and if it really just started rebooting randomly I'd say your hardware is saying goodbye.

It was overclocked before the first reboot(i keep set on boot option off so after first reboot everything reverted back to original so no overclock etc) It worked for some minutes then rebooted again, this kept happening like 4-5 times. And then it crashed( like everytime, not a proper shut down) and this time didn't boot up automatically like it was before. I left it on charging, and no the pc is not detecting it and cant cause its like not powered on, the phone charges for some seconds and then LED goes off.
I think you are right , this phone is very old, been flashed on 100s of times and cpu used to be overclocked ( though undervolted) so the hardware could be going bye bye xP

---------- Post added at 08:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:15 PM ----------

Also could you suggest the best smartphone for around 15k (could go upto 18 or so), highest performance required with maximum tweakablity(in the sense that development for the device could go on for some years like HTC). I might also shoot for vine etc so preferrably good performance for vid editing etc.
Thanks
P.s I really liked One V :'(
Edit: What do you think of Asus Zenfone 2 and Intel atom vs Snapdragon
Last edited by samyakkhare; 13th June 2015 at 08:22 PM.
13th June 2015, 10:06 PM |#294  
Thanks Meter: 437

More
Quote:

It was overclocked before the first reboot(i keep set on boot option off so after first reboot everything reverted back to original so no overclock etc) It worked for some minutes then rebooted again, this kept happening like 4-5 times. And then it crashed( like everytime, not a proper shut down) and this time didn't boot up automatically like it was before. I left it on charging, and no the pc is not detecting it and cant cause its like not powered on, the phone charges for some seconds and then LED goes off.
I think you are right , this phone is very old, been flashed on 100s of times and cpu used to be overclocked ( though undervolted) so the hardware could be going bye bye xP

---------- Post added at 08:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:15 PM ----------

Also could you suggest the best smartphone for around 15k (could go upto 18 or so), highest performance required with maximum tweakablity(in the sense that development for the device could go on for some years like HTC). I might also shoot for vine etc so preferrably good performance for vid editing etc.
Thanks

I'm also looking for a new phone at the moment, for me it will be some flagship, but I don't know which yet.
Looks like 15k rupees are about 200€, cause I'm living in europe. From a devs point of view I'd absolutely prefer a snapdragon over mediatek or exynos, but I didn't try an atom device so far.
Personally, I like sony devices very much, because of their great design and helpful developer world, maybe you could get the xperia m4 aqua for a fair price in india.
If you need the new phone right now, you can't do anything wrong with one plus one I'd say. It's definitely future proof and still has very decent performance, I don't like the design and it's a bit too large for me though.
The Following User Says Thank You to jonas2790 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th June 2015, 08:16 AM |#295  
Thanks Meter: 60

More
Quote:

Thanks

Hey, have you considered Yu Yureka? For just 9k, you can get a device which in terms of performance is equal to devices available in the 15-18k price segment. Further, it comes out of the box with Cyanogen OS and thus will continue to receive official updates. Another plus point is that the warranty will not get void even if you root your phone.

As far as Zenfone 2 is considered, the phone performs good but the UI and the BUILD and Design isn't very good looking as well as there is little developer support for Intel based devices. Though, Oneplus One is a solid phone in terms of everything, it is based on an older generation of snapdragon chipsets. Further, Oneplus Two is also to be launched very soon, so a further cut in price of Oneplus One may also occur.
Last edited by Shoaib05; 14th June 2015 at 08:24 AM.
14th June 2015, 03:06 PM |#296  
Flag NOIDA

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonas2790

I'm also looking for a new phone at the moment, for me it will be some flagship, but I don't know which yet.
Looks like 15k rupees are about 200€, cause I'm living in europe. From a devs point of view I'd absolutely prefer a snapdragon over mediatek or exynos, but I didn't try an atom device so far.
Personally, I like sony devices very much, because of their great design and helpful developer world, maybe you could get the xperia m4 aqua for a fair price in india.
If you need the new phone right now, you can't do anything wrong with one plus one I'd say. It's definitely future proof and still has very decent performance, I don't like the design and it's a bit too large for me though.

Yes, i prefer a snapdragon too Intel also sounds promising (the only difference b/w them was one was hyperthreaded and one was not) m4 aqua here is around 20k+ but ill see that too
I had decided OnePlus one or zenfone or yureka or maybe xiaomi mi 4i. Please feel free to tell me about any other device you think suits my needs, id really appreciate it.
USB host support is a must

---------- Post added at 03:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:02 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoaib05

Hey, have you considered Yu Yureka? For just 9k, you can get a device which in terms of performance is equal to devices available in the 15-18k price segment. Further, it comes out of the box with Cyanogen OS and thus will continue to receive official updates. Another plus point is that the warranty will not get void even if you root your phone.

As far as Zenfone 2 is considered, the phone performs good but the UI and the BUILD and Design isn't very good looking as well as there is little developer support for Intel based devices. Though, Oneplus One is a solid phone in terms of everything, it is based on an older generation of snapdragon chipsets. Further, Oneplus Two is also to be launched very soon, so a further cut in price of Oneplus One may also occur.

Yeah I had liked Yureka's specs , the only problem i found was low battery life, like really low ( a good battery saver app may help but i dont wanna compromise when im buying something new ) OnePlus One is also nice and as you said im gonna wait till 2 is released for prices to go down or if i find something else as good
Thanks , if you find some other device please feel free to tell me, id really appreciate it
P.s USB host support is a must
29th June 2015, 05:09 PM |#297  

More
Hey @rastomanchik, your CM11 BUILDs are awesome and probably the best for HTC One V. Since you update them too, it would be nice if you just share the changelogs with us. If you do write them in some other website or in any other language, then please give us a link to it so that we can translate it by ourselves.
29th June 2015, 06:37 PM |#298  
OP Member
Flag Odessa
Thanks Meter: 441

Donate to Me
More
my build that original cyanogen without any changes on my part. my last build (11.0.0.10) have only some changes:
1. update sources.
2. lib/htc_accoustic.so from evervolve.
3 full rebuild.
4. add KernelAdiutor.apk for tweaks
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to rastomanchik For This Useful Post: [ View ]
29th June 2015, 06:57 PM |#299  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rastomanchik

my build that original cyanogen without any changes on my part. my last build (11.0.0.10) have only some changes:
1. update sources.
3 full rebuild.

Thanks for taking out time to share the changelog with us. I have been using your CM11 as a daily driver since you released CM11 RC BUILDs and I must say that your ROM is super smooth and stable.

Sent from my One V using XDA Free mobile app
29th June 2015, 07:33 PM |#300  
Flag Rosenheim
Thanks Meter: 21

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rastomanchik

1. update sources.
3 full rebuild.

Thank you for the changelog.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread