FORUMS

Beats Music No Longer Accepting New Accounts

Whenever Apple launches a new product or service, it definitely manages to grab the … more

Do You Do Self-Repairs on Your Devices?

As smartphone designs become more and more complex, self-repairs on devices are also becoming … more

Sony Z4 Slips Out of Top 5 Smartphones in Japan

In a bid to streamline its flagship series which had been losing credibility over the … more

Sprint’s New Unlimited Plan with Ridiculous Capped Speeds

The carrier game in the United States is perpetually rushing forward at … more

[TWRP_Recovery_2.8.7.0][Unofficial][quincyatt]

1,328 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,089

By gimmeitorilltell, Recognized Contributor on 19th March 2014, 01:11 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
29th June 2015, 05:34 AM |#131  
OP Recognized Contributor

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by developweb

Well, I tried about a dozen themes in different sizes. The slider and slider-touch images do not appear to scale correctly in the old themes. This makes swipe to flash or unlock impossible. Until a custom theme is found that is not broken by the new scaling, I'll Just use the default theme. No problem.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717

I'll double check that I have that TW_THEME set in my source. If I didn't set it, then that would be the issue. I'll let ya know.

EDIT: I just checked & I do NOT have the new twrp theme flag in my source. I doubt it will help but I'll compile it with the flag set. I will link you the build to try since I have never themed twrp or any recovery as far as that goes. lol

And here ya go TWRP_quincyatt_TW_THEMES_flag_test.zip
ATTENTION: I have NOT flashed this myself but I am certain that @developweb can fix any issues if they arise. This is a TEST build ONLY!! Please let me know the outcome & if I need to try a different flag? I used
TW_THEME := portrait_hdpi
And the selections are as close as I could come I believe.
Code:
 * watch_mdpi: 320x320
 * portrait_mdpi: 480x800
 * portrait_hdpi: 1080x1920
 * landscape_mdpi: 800x480
 * landscape_hdpi: 1920x1200
Last edited by gimmeitorilltell; 29th June 2015 at 06:14 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gimmeitorilltell For This Useful Post: [ View ]

29th June 2015, 06:25 AM |#132  
Flag Sandy Beach, AB
Thanks Meter: 249

More
Quote:

Well, I tried about a dozen themes in different sizes. The slider and slider-touch images do not appear to scale correctly in the old themes. This makes swipe to flash or unlock impossible. Until a custom theme is found that is not broken by the new scaling, I'll Just use the default theme. No problem.

Solved:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=56224195

Fixed all my theme issues. Thanks to all.
29th June 2015, 06:54 AM |#133  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 69

More
Quote:

I used this and it worked, download the "286X_v1_1080_play.zip"
https://s.basketbuild.com/devs/z31s1...TWRP%20286X_v1

Make sure when you download it, go into your twrp folder and make a folder called "THEMES" transfer it to TWRP THEME folder and change it to "ui.zip " and boot into recovery. I.E "286X_v1_1080_play.zip" change it to "ui.zip"
29th June 2015, 12:37 PM |#134  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Midwest
Thanks Meter: 888

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gimmeitorilltell

I'll double check that I have that TW_THEME set in my source. If I didn't set it, then that would be the issue. I'll let ya know.

EDIT: I just checked & I do NOT have the new twrp theme flag in my source. I doubt it will help but I'll compile it with the flag set. I will link you the build to try since I have never themed twrp or any recovery as far as that goes. lol

And here ya go TWRP_quincyatt_TW_THEMES_flag_test.zip
ATTENTION: I have NOT flashed this myself but I am certain that @developweb can fix any issues if they arise. This is a TEST build ONLY!! Please let me know the outcome & if I need to try a different flag? I used
TW_THEME := portrait_hdpi
And the selections are as close as I could come I believe.

Code:
 * watch_mdpi: 320x320
 * portrait_mdpi: 480x800
 * portrait_hdpi: 1080x1920
 * landscape_mdpi: 800x480
 * landscape_hdpi: 1920x1200

Quote:

Solved:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=56224195

Fixed all my theme issues. Thanks to all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamAndroid14

I used this and it worked, download the "286X_v1_1080_play.zip"
https://s.basketbuild.com/devs/z31s1...TWRP%20286X_v1

Make sure when you download it, go into your twrp folder and make a folder called "THEMES" transfer it to TWRP THEME folder and change it to "ui.zip " and boot into recovery. I.E "286X_v1_1080_play.zip" change it to "ui.zip"

Looks like you guys resolved this while I was sleeping
Honestly portrait_mdpi is a batter scale, but the problem is it has to scale up, so everything would look blurry.
If you take a look here: https://github.com/omnirom/android_b...4516db16861R88
https://github.com/CandyDevices/devi...gCommon.mk#L63
We're using the right flag as it is according to @Dees_Troy with that commit
Anyone using a theme from now on just has to use a 1080p theme from now on so it'll scale the same way.
@gimmeitorilltell, you might want to add this to the OP just to avoid questions like this in the future
The Following User Says Thank You to javelinanddart For This Useful Post: [ View ]
29th June 2015, 10:21 PM |#135  
Thanks Meter: 70

More
Can this be installed straight from TWRP 2.83? I tried but got a sysmap error message.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk
29th June 2015, 10:40 PM |#136  
Flag Sandy Beach, AB
Thanks Meter: 249

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tekweezle

Can this be installed straight from TWRP 2.83? I tried but got a sysmap error message.

I flashed from 2.8.0.0 without issue.

29th June 2015, 10:47 PM |#137  
OP Recognized Contributor

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tekweezle

Use the link in my OP. The one listed above is a test link ONLY. You can flash it from recovery yes.
29th June 2015, 11:00 PM |#138  
Thanks Meter: 70

More
Never mind, it was a user error caused by a bad download. I got it installed correctly.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread