FORUMS

Which OEM Would You Like to Help?

Most manufacturers have moments of greatness and moments of decadence, and in the past few years … more

Root T-Mobile S6/Edge on 5.1.1 Without Tripping Knox

If you purchase phones from a carrier, you may be no stranger to the difficulties … more

IonVR Coming Soon, HTC M9 Dev Edition Gets Android 5.1 – XDA TV

The HTC M9 Developer Edition has received Android 5.1. That and … more

Android 5.1.1 Omni ROM For Motorola Xoom

Back in Feb 2011, the Motorola Xoom became the first device to be sold with Android 3.0 … more

[ROM][4.4.4][F2FS/EXT4] AutoDroid 1.2

434 posts
Thanks Meter: 232

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
31st May 2015, 05:50 PM |#1031  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
This is amazing, managed to get this working as: AutoDroid1.2 (Kangaroo Kernel 3.1.10) + (ALL-F2FS) + (Multiboot / kexec).

The rom has the kangeroo kernel from lostdeveloper built in with kexec-hardboot patch and f2fs patch already applied.

To get this working I had to revert back to TWRP 2.8.3.0 factory reset through wipe menu then format the system partition. then i installed the rom, gapps, supersu, and busybox through install zip menu, rebooted, then installed multirom app through google play. and rebooted.

everything seems to work fine, hope this helps anyone that needs it.

p.s. i would love to get the kernel from this rom with the patches applied as a seperate zip to try on other roms but the only thread i can find for the rom on xda is this one but hasnt been updated for a while and dosent have latest builds in zip format.
The Following User Says Thank You to fornax01 For This Useful Post: [ View ]

23rd June 2015, 04:21 AM |#1032  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
USB OTG
Hi - strange issue here...no matter what I do, I can't get USB OTG to work in this rom, yet stickdroid can mount the USB fine. It is driving me crazy. I don't want to use stickdroid because I'm afraid it won't mount my easycap. Seems strange that it works but won't work normally. Thanks.

Edit - And it works perfectly with kanga-rom, same kernel installed (Kangaroo v2). Strange.
Last edited by jateelover; 23rd June 2015 at 06:27 AM.
24th June 2015, 12:47 PM |#1033  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Talking
Quote:
Originally Posted by fornax01

This is amazing, managed to get this working as: AutoDroid1.2 (Kangaroo Kernel 3.1.10) + (ALL-F2FS) + (Multiboot / kexec).

The rom has the kangeroo kernel from lostdeveloper built in with kexec-hardboot patch and f2fs patch already applied.

To get this working I had to revert back to TWRP 2.8.3.0 factory reset through wipe menu then format the system partition. then i installed the rom, gapps, supersu, and busybox through install zip menu, rebooted, then installed multirom app through google play. and rebooted.

everything seems to work fine, hope this helps anyone that needs it.

p.s. i would love to get the kernel from this rom with the patches applied as a seperate zip to try on other roms but the only thread i can find for the rom on xda is this one but hasnt been updated for a while and dosent have latest builds in zip format.

Confirm All-F2FS must to format with TWRP 2.8.3.0 (Grouper)TWRP 2.8.3.0

I'm using Tilapia device, no luck on newer TWRP version, rom work fine with ext4. when convert to F2FS it still on GOOGLE logo. this solve by format/convert partition with TWRP 2.8.3.0 (grouper). it will work fine.
24th June 2015, 01:05 PM |#1034  
Flag Dhaka
Thanks Meter: 2,928

More
Are the USB hostmode bits working properly using Kangaroo kernel and this ROM?
26th June 2015, 11:41 AM |#1035  
OP Senior Member
Flag Salzburg

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgt. meow

Are the USB hostmode bits working properly using Kangaroo kernel and this ROM?

Kangaroo kernel is already built in and yes usb hostmode works perfectly well. At least it did for me.
The Following User Says Thank You to michiil For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th June 2015, 05:17 AM |#1036  
Flag Dhaka

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiil

Kangaroo kernel is already built in and yes usb hostmode works perfectly well. At least it did for me.

That's on KitKat though, right? Is there a Lollipop kernel now with USB hostmode working as it should be?
28th June 2015, 09:50 AM |#1037  
OP Senior Member
Flag Salzburg

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgt. meow

That's on KitKat though, right? Is there a Lollipop kernel now with USB hostmode working as it should be?

Well i cant tell you that. My nexus 7 broke down.. Thats the main reason i stopped development..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to michiil For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th June 2015, 10:15 AM |#1038  
Flag Dhaka

More
Oh. Sorry to hear that.
Thanks anyway. Sorry for bothering you.
Cheers.
29th June 2015, 11:27 PM |#1039  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
There is no lollipop kernel that supports host-mode fast-charging for the Nexus 7 yet, at least not this version of the nexus 7. I think I saw a few for the newer N7.

That's the one thing holding us back from running these in-car installs with the host-mode charging running anything Android 5+. The audio routing bits are built-in to lollipop, I've already tested everything works for the USB hub, USB DAC and flash stick out of the box on lollipop, but the tablet will not charge while in host-mode due to lack of a kernel that supports OTG host-mode charging.

I think I actually used stick-mount though to mount the USB flash stick on lollipop.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread