FORUMS

Make Your Network Smart – XDA Xposed Tuesday

We rave about the features and abilities of our smartphones. However, in order for … more

Dr.Ketan Brings The S6 Theme Store To The Note 4

Dr.Ketan has submitted a video to the forums showing a functional port of the Galaxy S6 … more

Do You Have Insurance on Your Smartphone?

While affordable smartphones are becoming more available, the majority of high-end flagships … more

Apple Music Will Increase iTunes Match to 100,000 Songs

The battle for music streaming subscription dominance is starting to really heat … more

[Tool][Windows] Control a device with a broken screen. Now with touchscreen support!!

143 posts
Thanks Meter: 159

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
19th June 2015, 04:51 PM |#201  
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Hi, when I run the Android Control.exe file on my windows it opens 2 things:
1. a black window which quicly disapears (seems its calling DroidATScreen-1.1.jar which FYI is trying to open with Java)
2. the "Ultimate touch screen control for Android" window.. which is the one with the keys
Doesnt open my Nexus 5 Screen on the laptop.

Nexus5, USB Debugging is enabled, connected via USB cable.
Do i need to do any installations on the PC?

TIA!

24th June 2015, 01:11 AM |#202  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
i can cast my screen but i cant touch anything from the pc, is there something wrong?
Today, 05:29 AM |#203  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
This is hilarious! The screen died on my rooted 2013 Kindle Fire 7 about a month ago. I knew it was still alive inside (could see the files and was even able to reroot and wipe with the KFSOWI rooting tool), but with no screen I kinda gave up on it.

Then today I tried Android Control and not only can i "see" the tablet, but the touchscreen works! Of course, gestures are hit and miss (pun intended); i can only approximate where i should touch based on what i see on the pc.

Anyway, pretty fun and funny. Not sure what i'll do with it, but there are possibilities now--like trying something really reckless! Thanks!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
adb, broken, control, screen, tool
Previous Thread Next Thread