FORUMS

Which OEM Would You Like to Help?

Most manufacturers have moments of greatness and moments of decadence, and in the past few years … more

Root T-Mobile S6/Edge on 5.1.1 Without Tripping Knox

If you purchase phones from a carrier, you may be no stranger to the difficulties … more

IonVR Coming Soon, HTC M9 Dev Edition Gets Android 5.1 – XDA TV

The HTC M9 Developer Edition has received Android 5.1. That and … more

Android 5.1.1 Omni ROM For Motorola Xoom

Back in Feb 2011, the Motorola Xoom became the first device to be sold with Android 3.0 … more

Custom Android app for Casio BLE watches

211 posts
Thanks Meter: 165

By masterjc13, Senior Member on 28th April 2014, 05:19 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
29th May 2015, 09:33 PM |#631  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by capnet

Have you tried to pair phone and Clock application gshock +

I installed GShock+ before BlueWatcher (was trying to figure out is my smartphone supported). But after discovering this thread I deleted it and Installed BlueWacher. Does the order of installation maters? Have just installed GShock+ again and tryed to pair phone and Clock: same result - they don't sea each other

29th May 2015, 09:52 PM |#632  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DmytroUA

I installed GShock+ before BlueWatcher (was trying to figure out is my smartphone supported). But after discovering this thread I deleted it and Installed BlueWacher. Does the order of installation maters? Have just installed GShock+ again and tryed to pair phone and Clock: same result - they don't sea each other

Try to pair with this https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...lt236.btlescan and after with blur
23rd June 2015, 08:46 AM |#633  

More
STB 1000
Hi,
Facing the same issues while losing connection between watch (STB1000) and phone (Galaxy N7100, 4.4.2). Sometimes it works immediatly sometimes , it takes 1 hour to get both connected (trying everything possible)
It is not a Bt issue as BLuetooth LE can connect and reconnect to it. It seems that the Bluwatcher app is not able to found the watch when it is disconnected / reconnected.
24th June 2015, 06:40 AM |#634  
Flag Timis
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by didifart

Hi,
Facing the same issues while losing connection between watch (STB1000) and phone (Galaxy N7100, 4.4.2). Sometimes it works immediatly sometimes , it takes 1 hour to get both connected (trying everything possible)
It is not a Bt issue as Bluetooth LE can connect and reconnect to it. It seems that the Bluwatcher app is not able to found the watch when it is disconnected / reconnected.

I used it with a Xperia Z1 Compact and Nexus 4 and my best method of having successful reconnections was: after the initial non-BW pairing (at least the watch has to be paired when starting this), I would:
1. start BW with watch BT off
2. turn phone BT off then on while BW is running
3.start watch BT.
4. manually search and select the watch in BW (as I recall, BW will find the watch eventually, but it takes so long that the watch times-out before completing the connection)
This handshake would connect without phone controls, but the reconnection works. My conclusion is the handshake for phone controls has some issues.

If you start BW with phone BT off, it will ask to start it for you, and that seemed to not work.
24th June 2015, 08:10 AM |#635  

More
STB 1000
Hi,
Thanks for the iinfo.
I found out a similar way and now I can easily reconnect the watch. (also I 'm trying to keep my phone in range..)
But this is a bit too complicated. Maybe developpers can found out what's going on and solve this issue in a future version
Regards
24th June 2015, 02:37 PM |#636  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by didifart

Hi,
Thanks for the iinfo.
I found out a similar way and now I can easily reconnect the watch. (also I 'm trying to keep my phone in range..)
But this is a bit too complicated. Maybe developpers can found out what's going on and solve this issue in a future version
Regards

can you explain your method I would be grateful

Inviato dal mio GT-I9300 utilizzando Tapatalk
24th June 2015, 02:58 PM |#637  

More
STB 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by capnet

can you explain your method I would be grateful

Inviato dal mio GT-I9300 utilizzando Tapatalk

If my watch disconnect and don't automaticaly reconnect with watch Bt going off :
- Exit BW. Do not turn off phone Bt.
- Wait 1 min
- Start Watch Bt and immediatly start BW. Let them do their job on their own. It should reconnect.

If that fail , exit BW.
Start Bluetooth LE Scanner (find it on google play )
Start Watch Bt and connect Bt LE scanner (it should work in a second. the watch only shows the Bt symbol)
Disconnect Bt LE sanner (this turns off watch Bt)
Turn on watch Bt and start BW. They should connect.

Hope this helps
P.S. : I think there's no exact reconnection procedure, it's just a matter of luck sometimes
24th June 2015, 06:10 PM |#638  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathew7

1. start BW with watch BT off
2. turn phone BT off then on while BW is running
3.start watch BT.
4. manually search and select the watch in BW (as I recall, BW will find the watch eventually, but it takes so long that the watch times-out before completing the connection)

Thanks Mathew7, this trick did it for me with STB-1000 and Xperia Z Ultra 4.4.4!! Phone and Watch has been paired for 5 hours without disconnection today
30th June 2015, 01:36 AM |#639  

More
Help me get into a final decision.
Quote:
Originally Posted by businessagent

FYI Nexus 6 running 5.1 with GBX6900b, so far so good!

I have to say that this is exactly what I was looking for. My only knock on the watch was the notification delay and not even the selection.

I can help with graphics/icons/screenshots and mockups if you ever want the help.

Is there any way to change the duration of the watch notification? All I need is a beep and a shake

I'm 10 minutes in but it is awesome!

I was considering buying a GBX6900b, but I had so many second thoughts regarding the bluetooth connectivity and the compatibility with my smartphone. However, I saw your post and It kinda gave me hopes. I own a Moto X 2014 running Android 5.1 and basically it is almost the identical as your Nexus 6 in regards of bluetooth features and firmware. Based on your experience, do you recommend me get the G-Shock GBX6900b?
30th June 2015, 08:34 AM |#640  

More
disconnection thoughts
Hi,
Getting less issues with my STB 1000 and Glxy Note2.
But I found out some info that may be usefull :

Do not try to reconnect if you have other Bt enabled devices in range
Same if you have a bad phone reception (your phone will power up it's gsm) or your phone doing data transmission
My watch gets randomly disconnected when I take the metro (tube) or in computer / tv shops.

hope this helps.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
casio bluetooth smartwatch whatsapp
Previous Thread Next Thread