FORUMS

What Do You Think About Fingerprint Scanners?

More and more phones are featuring fingerprint scanners, and with many promising … more

What’s Next for Samsung and Its Flagships?

If we were to say that the Galaxy S6 was a leap of faith made by Samsung, we … more

The Ultimate Showcase of dBrand Skins

In the search for ways to protect, accessorize, and personalize; a user has many options. One … more

Huawei’s Rapid Rise to Third Place in the Smartphone Race

Huawei has quickly grown to become one of the world’s biggest … more

[KERNEL][SPR][TW-AOSP 4.4,5.0,5.1][05/02/2015] KT-SGS5 - OB1 - KTweaker

16,247 posts
Thanks Meter: 43,437

By ktoonsez, Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor on 9th June 2014, 05:27 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
29th June 2015, 04:11 PM |#1261  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Holyoke
Thanks Meter: 6,158

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by youngpro83

I have TW running MOAR 6.2 and I had to stop using this kernel. Been using older versions for some time and they all have been awesome but now it looks like the developer has a new device so updating this is no longer a priority. It slowed my device down and I had to wipe many times to finally boil it down to kernel. As much as I hated to admit it this was true. I switched back to stock kernel from a full wipe and only restored apps no data with TiBu and my phone hasnt ran better. I hope the developer does read this thread still and still wants to pursue updating us but if not it was a great run ktoonz. Enjoyed all parts of your work on my phone.

My phone is running great on stock modified kernel using setcpu but your kernels rocked with all of those damn features and options. Like fine tuning a car. Anyways good luck with your new projects, we know they are great ones. Thanks again.

Sent from my SM-G900P using xda premium

He has NOT upgraded to a new phone. The S5 is still his current and ONLY device. He's just been on the road a lot for work plus his grandmother just passed away so he hasn't been availlable much for some time. Life obviously comes first but I assure you he is still very much developing for this device. It's just a matter of being patient until he's good and ready to return to this project.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to LuigiBull23 For This Useful Post: [ View ]

30th June 2015, 01:24 AM |#1262  
Flag Where Dem LouIziAniMals Stay
Thanks Meter: 264

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuigiBull23

He has NOT upgraded to a new phone. The S5 is still his current and ONLY device. He's just been on the road a lot for work plus his grandmother just passed away so he hasn't been availlable much for some time. Life obviously comes first but I assure you he is still very much developing for this device. It's just a matter of being patient until he's good and ready to return to this project.

Thanks for the update. Just seen some updates of his kernels in other threads and thought he jumped ship. Good to know we still have the best kernel developer here with us.

Sent from my SM-G900P using xda premium
30th June 2015, 02:16 AM |#1263  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopamin3

Use the 6-18-15 kernel from his site here: http://ktoonsez.jonathanjsimon.com/sgs5/AOSP/ I'm not sure why Ktoonsez hasn't updated the main thread, but he does have never AOSP kernels than the one listed in the main thread. This should have the latest Ramdisk patches required.

Hey thanks works perfectly
30th June 2015, 04:03 AM |#1264  
Flag Naples
Thanks Meter: 735

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopamin3

Use the 6-18-15 kernel from his site here: http://ktoonsez.jonathanjsimon.com/sgs5/AOSP/ I'm not sure why Ktoonsez hasn't updated the main thread, but he does have never AOSP kernels than the one listed in the main thread. This should have the latest Ramdisk patches required.

Do you have an updated TW kernel as well?
30th June 2015, 01:08 PM |#1265  
Nashville
Thanks Meter: 865

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chefbaker11

Do you have an updated TW kernel as well?

Chef, it was reported on the international thread that KT had a death in the family so it will be a while before we see from him. He did state a few weeks ago that there was nothing new in the TW code worth updating the latest one.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ramondel For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th June 2015, 01:11 PM |#1266  
Flag Naples
Thanks Meter: 735

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramondel

Chef, it was reported on the international thread that KT had a death in the family so it will be a while before we see from him. He did state a few weeks ago that there was nothing new in the TW code worth updating the latest one.

My apologies bro.

My condolences as well to his whole family
The Following User Says Thank You to chefbaker11 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread