FORUMS

Index Project For XDA Device Subforums

Another ambitious project from the collaborative efforts of Recognized Contributors and Forum … more

The Atlas of XDA

A few weeks ago, we asked you “How Does Your Location Affect Your Life As A Power User?”. In the days that … more

New Snapdragons: Some Context & Contrast

It hasn’t been a good year for Qualcomm so far. Every device featuring the Snapdragon 810 … more

Google To Launch Next Gen Android One On July 14

The first gen of Android One devices to be launched in India in September 2014 were … more

View Poll Results: Where you successful at getting OTA installed

yes

69 Vote(s)
53.49%
no

60 Vote(s)
46.51%

[ROM][Guide][FULL ODIN FILES][ATT][OC1][OTA with KEEP ROOT][Soft Brick FIX]

6,989 posts
Thanks Meter: 5,646

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
20th June 2015, 10:32 PM |#681  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by killacam1989

Safestrap does not support lollipop. Current method is the only way to switch between the 2. Its because Safestraps last version only supports KK and KK kernak. Hence the use of NC2 Flasher. After you flash the LP ROM you want you would flash the OC1 kernel so that it can boot into LP. If safestrap was updated to work with LP it would be just like we had it on NC2 KK.

Sent from my SM-N910T using XDA Free mobile app

Sorry, I am still confused.

I was on rooted NC2.
I followed the exact steps from OP and now I have Lollipop rooted (yay... ).
But how do I get the Safestrap working again? Even though SS was working on NC2, not it doesn't (which is probably already explained). But how do we fix it so that SS starts working again on Lollipop (OC1)?
Btw, I am planning to create a new slot and install Alliance rom on it, which is why I need SS working
EDIT;
Great thanks killacam1989. While they find a permanent solution for SS, as you mentioned, I am using NC2 Flasher app to temp flash the NC2 kernel and boot into SS recovery. As soon as you are in SS recovery, you just need to remember to flash your current kernel (OC1 in our case) and THEN flash your other stuff you came in SS for . If you forget that, you will never be able to boot in OC1 Lollipop OS until you do that.
Last edited by ajfathers; 21st June 2015 at 06:21 PM. Reason: Added temp workaround details for SS.

29th June 2015, 03:46 AM |#682  
Flag NY
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Worked perfectly! Now I can enjoy the lolipop goodness. Thank you sooooooooooooooo much!
30th June 2015, 06:53 PM |#683  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by teatimest

Worked perfectly! Now I can enjoy the lolipop goodness. Thank you sooooooooooooooo much!

[emoji12]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread