FORUMS

Index Project For XDA Device Subforums

Another ambitious project from the collaborative efforts of Recognized Contributors and Forum … more

The Atlas of XDA

A few weeks ago, we asked you “How Does Your Location Affect Your Life As A Power User?”. In the days that … more

New Snapdragons: Some Context & Contrast

It hasn’t been a good year for Qualcomm so far. Every device featuring the Snapdragon 810 … more

Google To Launch Next Gen Android One On July 14

The first gen of Android One devices to be launched in India in September 2014 were … more

Easy Magic PhilZ Touch Installer for MediaTek Devices ONLY (Developers ONLY)

883 posts
Thanks Meter: 3,049

By yuweng, Senior Member on 11th May 2014, 04:54 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Announcement from yuweng: Easy Magic PhilZ Touch Installer for MediaTek Devices ONLY
19th June 2015, 02:29 AM |#181  
Thanks Meter: 77

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by newronaldo@7

the setup you provided is of of 900kb..when I try to install it giving me error in downloading..so can you give link of full setup of 14-15 mb which i can install offline??

Download my PhilZ.zip here and press start and type %temp%. Go into the Philz folder or create it if one isn't there and extract those files there. See if that works.

PhilZ.zip

19th June 2015, 02:31 AM |#182  

More
@yuweng I got the source to download by changing PC but it says not compatible . Is it because of the chipset.
Attached is my log.txt
Attached Files
File Type: txt log.txt - [Click for QR Code] (9.9 KB, 20 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to kirito9 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th June 2015, 06:16 AM |#183  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 3,049

More
Only the latest MTK armv8 support custpack partition... There are some known bugs on the porting tool such as it doesn't work properly on XP & etc, will be updating it when i got time...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to yuweng For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th June 2015, 06:43 AM |#184  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I have cwm & twrp recoveries for my device soc mtk6589. I wish I have the Philz Touch also which support flashing kitkat on my jb 4.2.1.
I downloaded the easy magic exe. , downloaded pdanet drivers & installed. When the Philz is launched the application is ending with `could not download required files for porting'. Can any one guide me?
19th June 2015, 12:30 PM |#185  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by yuweng

Only the latest MTK armv8 support custpack partition... There are some known bugs on the porting tool such as it doesn't work properly on XP & etc, will be updating it when i got time...

Ohh well thanks again man

---------- Post added at 07:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:29 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirito9

Download my PhilZ.zip here and press start and type %temp%. Go into the Philz folder or create it if one isn't there and extract those files there. See if that works.

PhilZ.zip

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinakini

I have cwm & twrp recoveries for my device soc mtk6589. I wish I have the Philz Touch also which support flashing kitkat on my jb 4.2.1.
I downloaded the easy magic exe. , downloaded pdanet drivers & installed. When the Philz is launched the application is ending with `could not download required files for porting'. Can any one guide me?

Did you try my PhilZ.zip above?
20th June 2015, 06:41 PM |#186  

More
CWM not working
cwm not work at Lenovo A7000 i tried to enter a recovery but a black screen and then reboot by itself, please help..thanks broo
22nd June 2015, 02:53 PM |#187  

More
Thanks for the suggestion. Tried your zip. Same response. "Could not download". Is there any offline solution?

Sent from my ZTE Blade G2 using XDA Free mobile app
24th June 2015, 09:26 PM |#188  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinakini

Thanks for the suggestion. Tried your zip. Same response. "Could not download". Is there any offline solution?

Sent from my ZTE Blade G2 using XDA Free mobile app

Not that i know of. It worked for me because i was getting the same error. Anyways refer to here and do what it says.
1st July 2015, 06:43 AM |#189  
Thanks Meter: 13

More
I could not find the download link fot philz recovery.. Anybody can give me the link please...
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
mediatek, mtk, philz touch, porting tool, recovery
Previous Thread Next Thread