FORUMS

XDA Picks: Best Apps of the Week (June 27 – July 4)

Apps are at the front and center of any smartphone experience, and with over a … more

HTC One M9 Developer Edition Android 5.1 OTA

The Developer Edition of the HTC One M9 is receiving an over-the-air update to Android 5.1. … more

Index Project For XDA Device Subforums

Another ambitious project from the collaborative efforts of Recognized Contributors and Forum … more

The Atlas of XDA

A few weeks ago, we asked you “How Does Your Location Affect Your Life As A Power User?”. In the days that … more

View Poll Results: Have you installed any mods with our tutorials?

Yeah, it's great!

8 Vote(s)
66.67%
Not yet, but I might.

4 Vote(s)
33.33%
No way, I don't understand any of this.

0 Vote(s)
0%

Half-Life 2 and Portal Research

58 posts
Thanks Meter: 21

By legofan623, Member on 18th May 2014, 12:13 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
11th April 2015, 07:41 PM |#251  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Originally Posted by r3pwn

But Episode 1 works on the Portable. It's not installable from the play store (without tricks), but it works.

I think it should work on Shield Portable. Сan't check because my shield has not rooted, but I tried it on Rooted Shield Tablet. I just replaced the folder with the files and it works .
Also I changed the sound files to Russian. So you can change the sound in the game.
Here's the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0Z1-PuH-oU
And instruction: Instruction HL2 Ep.2.docx

11th May 2015, 09:37 PM |#252  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Hi, i have bought nvidia shield tablet after shield portable. Now i want to change language to spanish in half life 2 episode one like half life 2 and portal but it doesnt work. I made all the process but now i have spanish subtitles but not spanish voices.
I dont understand the last post because i think its only to play episode two and change language in this episode. Anybody can confirm me which files need i change from steam to android in episode one?
Thanks
27th May 2015, 02:28 AM |#253  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Anything on black mesa port or any other ports, no new games for android have been that entertaining, to be honest.
22nd June 2015, 11:19 PM |#254  

More
Oh my god. I've only recently got myself Half-Life 2 and it's one of the best games i've ever played, so now that i found out, that there are actually a few modding options, i'm excited as all hell^^.

Well...but i read you guys didn't have any luck porting Black Mesa so far...any update on that though maybe? I was gonna try it myself with the guide, but now that i read this...ugh, i sooo want it^^. I'm curious though, what is the issue that you've guys ran into?
26th June 2015, 07:49 PM |#255  
Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 1,793

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by StefanNixdorf

Oh my god. I've only recently got myself Half-Life 2 and it's one of the best games i've ever played, so now that i found out, that there are actually a few modding options, i'm excited as all hell^^.

Well...but i read you guys didn't have any luck porting Black Mesa so far...any update on that though maybe? I was gonna try it myself with the guide, but now that i read this...ugh, i sooo want it^^. I'm curious though, what is the issue that you've guys ran into?

It requires a modified engine, which is just physically not possible (for us, at least. The guys at NVIDIA would have no issue). It works without the modified engine, but no NPCs appear, which doesn't exactly make something "playable".
The Following User Says Thank You to r3pwn For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st July 2015, 07:32 PM |#256  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by r3pwn

It requires a modified engine, which is just physically not possible (for us, at least. The guys at NVIDIA would have no issue). It works without the modified engine, but no NPCs appear, which doesn't exactly make something "playable".

Thanks for replying to my admittedly a little overexcited post^^. Well that's sad. By the way - Half Life 2: Episode 2 got released today, for Shield devices. Not sure if that engine is different. I think not, since you were able to run that through Episode 1 already. Maybe it makes a few other mods playable though. I'm totally going to play it.

I was thinking....if one developed a mod from scratch, aimed towards running with Half Life 2 on Android (in other words, i would love to do that), what would i have to look out for, in order to have everything working? Or let's put it this way: Do you have an idea what hinders the NPCs from showing up?
I would love to get into a bit of game development as a side project. And right now, i'm thinking i'll either go with Unity or do something based on the Source Engine, that could run on Android. Not sure if this sparks hate from some, since i'm just another noob, getting excited about maybe having made his own game at some point, but, it's interesting^^.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
half life 2, mod, nvidia, portal, shield
Previous Thread Next Thread